Duke4.net Forums: How do I extract the screenshots in the Extras menu? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I extract the screenshots in the Extras menu?

The screenshots you see here:
We have already seen most of those everywhere, but there are some I have never seen as individual images, like this shot of a Hollywood Holocaust remake that looks better than the actual multiplayer level, or the two following shots of Duke in the strip club.
I want to see them in full size, each as an individual file, so how do I extract them?

P.S.
Yes, I know I could just press PrintScreen and save them with Paint, but that wouldn't give me the images in full size.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 17 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

They're held as DDS files in a folder called "dt_extras"

I can't remember, but you may first have to use NOESIS to decompile the texture packages to gain access to this folder. If not it should be located under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\duke nukem forever\Textures\Compiled\TextureDirectory_files\dt_extras

Commando Nukem, on 17 August 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

They're held as DDS files in a folder called "dt_extras"

I can't remember, but you may first have to use NOESIS to decompile the texture packages to gain access to this folder. If not it should be located under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\duke nukem forever\Textures\Compiled\TextureDirectory_files\dt_extras

There are no subdirectories inside "Compiled".
I have a version of Noesis that's called "noesisv3742 DAT Extractor". Is this the correct one to extract data, or is there anything more recent?

User is offline   Hank 

This is a old version from Noesis. Actually the project closed it's doors.
Thus download the last version here
http://www.richwhite...noesisv4099.zip

good luck. :(

Hank, on 17 August 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

This is a old version from Noesis. Actually the project closed it's doors.
Thus download the last version here
http://www.richwhite...noesisv4099.zip

good luck. :(

It took a while to realize that I had to use it with the small files marked as "directory", as opposed to the big files containing the textures themselves. This is gonna be fun. :D

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Can you share with screenshots?

Artem Nevinchany, on 18 August 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Can you share with screenshots?

Sure.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note how most of those were set in the Hoover Dam... George's obsession :(

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Please, add all. Posted Image

Artem Nevinchany, on 18 August 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Please, add all. Posted Image

AFAIK, those are the only screenshots that were not released anywhere else before.
I'm actually planning to create a "DNF museum" site, where you can see everything that was ever released about DNF: screenshots, concept art, videos, interviews... of course, everything except game assets. :( But that takes time.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Looking forward!

• Judge Mental

Altered Reality, on 18 August 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

AFAIK, those are the only screenshots that were not released anywhere else before.
I'm actually planning to create a "DNF museum" site, where you can see everything that was ever released about DNF: screenshots, concept art, videos, interviews... of course, everything except game assets. :( But that takes time.

There is a lot of stuff from before those screen shots that were not released. Namely the 1999-2006 screenshots. Only a few of those are "old"

Commando Nukem, on 18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

There is a lot of stuff from before those screen shots that were not released. Namely the 1999-2006 screenshots. Only a few of those are "old"

I already had most of those, like Duke pissing while shrunk, Duke posing in front of a mirror with a shotgun, the B2 bomber in a hangar, an EDF soldier shooting a monster, the view with the night vision goggles, the Lady Killer waitress, the first-person view from the missile silo with the golden Desert Eagle, the first-person view from the EDF base with the RPG...
I'll just have to double-check if I had them in full size.

EDIT:
I checked. The copies I already have are not full size. I will export them again.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 19 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

A preview of what's to come, to test the layout. As of now, there are only 2 pages online (the index page and the page for the 2011 screenshots).

http://duke4ever.alt....org/index.html

The entire screenshots section is DONE! Go to http://duke4ever.altervista.org/ and check it out! I accept constructive feedback.

• Judge Mental

Lookin' really good so far dude. Checked all the links, and they're working on my end! I look forward to seeing the rest of the site online.

BTW I have not forgotten to send you that mesh you PMed about. I've been meaning to get to that ASAP.

Commando Nukem, on 19 August 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

BTW I have not forgotten to send you that mesh you PMed about. I've been meaning to get to that ASAP.

Okay, so when can I expect to receive it?
Posted Image?
(just kidding :( )

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 20 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

The videos section is online, go check it out!
http://duke4ever.altervista.org/
Is there anything you've missed? Is there anything I've missed?

(yes, I know the concept art section is not online yet, and that's what's coming next :( )

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Very well done, AR! Can't wait to see all the concept art, and to discover if I've missed anything over the years!! :(

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Altered Reality, on 24 August 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Is there anything you've missed? Is there anything I've missed?

Great job, Altered Reality. The only thing I can think of were these snippets from The Jace Hall Show.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

And one other(very nitpicky) thing - this screenshot is from 1998, not '97.

Posted Image

Duke Rocks, on 24 August 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

And one other(very nitpicky) thing - this screenshot is from 1998, not '97.

I moved it into the appropriate section.

Mr. Tibbs, on 24 August 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Great job, Altered Reality. The only thing I can think of were these snippets from The Jace Hall Show.

Thanks, I remembered a video where Duke said "I guess pigs do fly" and a Duke3D pigcop appeared when he says "pigs", but I couldn't find it anymore. Now I put it in.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 25 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options