Duke4.net Forums: Launchers for episodic Apogee Software games - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Launchers for episodic Apogee Software games

User is offline   Lunick 

Stealing this post from RGB Classic Dos Games

I was toying around with a retro gaming PC setup and whipped up some launchers for episodic Apogee games since I thought it was a waste that some games would use up to 4 buttons from the launcher menu. Couldn't find anything similar online so I thought in case someone else is also toying with similar setups they might find these handy.

I tried to make them feel more "official" by not just having a simple text menu and using (official when available) ANSI art. Needless to say there are quite big differences in the amount of time I spent on them and as such their looks vary quite a lot. Very old games tend to have a more simplistic design.

It's a shame Apogee Software never made any official launchers, unlike Epic MegaGames who started including such launchers later on.

Each episodic Apogee game ever released should be supported, including lesser-known packs from ways back in the day. All the launchers are simple .BAT files which are fully compatible with DOSBox and easy to modify. They will probably have some problems running with CMD.EXE since they make use of ANSI.SYS and the CHOICE command.

Download the launchers from here.

A few screenshots below:

Spoiler

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Litude is the man.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

*See's Star Trek game* "Apogee made a Star Trek The Next Generation game??? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image"

*Reads again* "Star Trek The Next Generation: Trivia" Posted Image

User is offline   Kyanos 

Funny, I didn't know George or Micro F/X had any rights to do a Star Trek game ever... oh wait...

http://en.wikipedia....neration_Trivia

When the Star Trek copyright holder Paramount discovered that Apogee was profiting from their intellectual property, they offered Apogee a license for the game idea. Apogee did not accept the offer, as the license would have cost more than what Apogee was making on the game. Therefore, Apogee discontinued the game, and they no longer retain any copyright or control over on it.

The launchers sound handy, each of these games have tricky little nuances to running them.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Has anyone actually saved the file(s)? The Mega link is dead, and I haven't heard from Litude in a very long while.

User is offline   LakiSoft 

Although i didn't enjoyed that much these old Apogee games, these launchers look so freakin' good and AWESOME! This may change my mind to actually replay them. Good Stuff.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options