User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Because Blue Lightning.

/\
That.

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 29 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is brilliant. It's almost like a new chapter.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Huh? What do you mean.

I have to use the GRPviewer and play maps seperatley. It wont let me play a folder in directories.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

It's a compliment, it's not supposed to have any deeper meaning.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostBlue Lightning, on 03 May 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

I have to use the GRPviewer and play maps seperatley. It wont let me play a folder in directories.

You might have an older version of EDuke32 that doesn't load custom directories. Try updating and see.

User is offline   MetHy 

I found out this morning there is a Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza FPS game.

http://www.mobygames...-nakatomi-plaza

It looks... bad. But I'd love to try it.

Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I always wanted to try it, but yeah, it seems pretty bad.

User is offline   Nukeaholic 

Played through for the past day and I managed to get through to Poor man's library. This is quite a decent episode so far. I am just wondering how do you get out of the Devastator secret in poorman's library? I tried climbing with the pipes but I can't seem to jump to the higher pipes (if that makes sense). Mad respect for the mappers involved in this judging by what I have played so far, nice one lads.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostMetHy, on 24 May 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

I found out this morning there is a Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza FPS game.

http://www.mobygames...-nakatomi-plaza

It looks... bad. But I'd love to try it.

Posted Image

This game was originally going to be an elaborate, fan-made "total conversion" for Duke Nukem 3D. The textures were to all be bitmaps of real-life items, with frame-accurate recreations of all locations from the film. The team's (Creative Creations) website (deleted long ago) displayed extremely impressive images from test levels, and side-by-side comparisons with frames from the film. The team even engineered a phony meeting in Fox Plaza (the "real" Nakatomi Plaza in Century City), posing as representatives interested in leasing space in the building, to shoot reference and detail images for scanning into the game.

:)

View PostNukeaholic, on 30 May 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Played through for the past day and I managed to get through to Poor man's library. This is quite a decent episode so far. I am just wondering how do you get out of the Devastator secret in poorman's library? I tried climbing with the pipes but I can't seem to jump to the higher pipes (if that makes sense). Mad respect for the mappers involved in this judging by what I have played so far, nice one lads.

Technically you can jump right through the pipes from under them you'll still land on top of them like in old platform games, the first jump is the hardest since the ceiling of the secret is low ^_-

View PostPaul B, on 22 June 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

KICK A$$ I'm playing this right this second! My 56.K modem is having a hard time with this download. DAMMNIT!

Weighing in @ 39.4 MB's of Greatness!

OMG my sides hahahaha

I can't wait to play. downloading :) i think ill make a walk-through once i go through once and find a sufficient amount of secrets <3

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah Nakatomi Plaza. I remember seeing that website. I was psyched for it. Then I found out they had switched to the HL engine instead. Then it disappeared. Years later I saw it in stores. I played through it, it takes liberties but it's a lot of fun. Reginald VelJohnson even reprised his role as Al Powell.

• Ancient Blood God

I wonder if it's available digitally anywhere.

Do i have permission to make a walk-through. ?????

Is this quality up to the community's standards?????

I understand the game play is not duke,

but

it can be

let me know

and,

I'll Just Do it <-/

This post has been edited by SamusBailey: 17 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

• Ancient Blood God

It's completely up to you. I think playthroughs on YouTube are welcome.

I actually had that old Diehard Nakatomi Plaza game, it was fun from what I remember, but that was a really long time ago so I can't be entirely sure.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 25 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

User is offline   Telee 

Nakatomi Plaza was a mediocre game, but I believe it launched at a $30 price tag so that should be taken into account. It actually stays very close to the movie, mostly using the same dialogue word-for-word. That makes it pretty funny actually, since when John recounts how many terrorists are in the building he says there's 12 (like in the movie), when there's actually hundreds that you fight in the game.

I'd love if Die Hard Trilogy got a release on Steam. I've got the CD, but I'm assuming there's issues running it on Windows 7 that I don't want to deal with.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Technical question:

EDuke32 issues some warnings when loading the mod:
hash_findcase(): table not initialized!
Error: expected a hardcoded anim file name (sans extension) on line dukehard.def:16
hash_findcase(): table not initialized!
Error: expected a hardcoded anim file name (sans extension) on line dukehard.def:17

In dukehard.def, I find this:
animsounds vol4e1 { 1 400 } // Outro
animsounds vol4e3 { 1 370 } // Credits

Is there something missing in the definitions?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

animsounds "vol4e1.anm" { 1 400 } // Outro
animsounds "vol4e3.anm" { 1 370 } // Credits

Does this work?

• The Truth is in here

Unfortunately not, warnings stay the same. Using r5343 32-bit, btw.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 10 September 2015 - 04:24 AM

• Ancient Blood God

EDuke32 uses hashtables?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHendricks266, on 10 September 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

animsounds "vol4e1.anm" { 1 400 } // Outro
animsounds "vol4e3.anm" { 1 370 } // Credits

Does this work?

>>hash_findcase(): table not initialized!
>changes input string

My bad. I shouldn't troubleshoot bugs within 30 minutes of waking up earlier than usual.

I still don't know why that error is given. I'm stepping through the functions in a debugger and it works.

EDIT: I can replicate the warnings by running Duke Hard v1.0.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 10 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

• Weaponized Autism

OK, it turns out that "hash_findcase(): table not initialized!" is harmless, and it comes from not properly silencing warnings when we perform an additional early pass on the defs to pull in loadgrp. However, the question has alerted me to a separate issue: TX broke backwards-compatibility of the animsounds token in r4987 where it previously required the ANM name to not have the ".anm" extension, but now it does require it. I'll have to add support for both ways.

Duke Hard also needs a CON update to fix the positions of the episode selection hackery after the changes to the menu in the past year. I'll talk with Daedolon about that.

• The Truth is in here

Excellent. The issue with the episode selection menu would have been my next question. Since I am currently updating my addon compilation and Duke Hard is part of it, making it work 100% with recent EDuke32 snapshots again is on my wishlist as well.

• Ancient Blood God

Will do an official 1.1.1 release I guess.

Actually there is something I wonder because it doesn't really work :/

It is written in the menu that we have to beat the episode in Come Get Some difficulty in order to unlock extra content but I did that twice (with and without the secret level) and nothing changed and the user map menu is still locked ...

Do you think it's a bug or is there something I've done wrong ?

User is offline   MetHy 

Have you used any cheat?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If there's going to be an update, can someone please fix all the "Abstractech" and "Micky C" labels? IIRC it still said "Mickey C" on the mail thing in the first level, and there might be other places where either of the names are spelt incorrectly that I'm not aware of.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options