Duke4.net Forums: Postal 2: Paradise Lost - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Postal 2: Paradise Lost  "It's now out!"

Then the Steam ban may only be in effect in New Zealand where Commander is. However, I believe POSTAL 2 as a whole is indeed still banned in Australia.

User is offline   Lunick 

It is indeed banned in both Australia and New Zealand but for some reason Australia can still access it :D

I found an old thread and apparently it has been like this for NZ for ages http://runningwithsc...hp?topic=1760.0

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Yes, I got Postal Complete when it was first came on sale, at the time I knew they were banned games but I had figured they must of got removed from the list.
Can I get Paradise Lost from GOG and get a Steam key with it?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostCommander Cody, on 21 April 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Can I get Paradise Lost from GOG and get a Steam key with it?

The GOG version hasn't even received (and probably won't) the same updates that Steam has so I doubt it will be getting Paradise Lost too.
Edit: I take it back http://www.gog.com/f...planned_for_gog You won't get a Steam key though ever.

I believe that Paradise Lost should be coming to GreenManGaming though.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 21 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Do you think it will let someone gift the game to me?

I hope that RWS will fix Postal 2's hit detection problems with the main weapons in the new updates for Paradise Lost. It feels off when the NPCs are hard to kill without armor, as if they were adequately armored bots from Unreal Tournament 2003/04. If heads don't have helmets, and headshot should be an instant takedown with a pistol or assault rifle. Having weapons affect the limbs like in the original Soldier of Fortune wouldn't hurt either.

Anyway, it's gratifying to see what RWS have done lately with Postal 2. From what I've seen, the DLC brings a little more of the Blood series' influence on the games (such as akimbo guns and the aerosol spray). I'd like to see more weapons put into the game, like Half-Life's MP5 SMG or Blood's Flare Gun. I certainly am intrigued with the way RWS lampooned Tim Schafer for Paradise Lost.

I'd like to see more Postal-related projects, either mods for Postal 2 or Postal-inspired mods for other games. The closest thing to a Postal-inspired mod is Grezzo, the insane Italian anti-Catholic mod for Doom 2. I think a Postal mod was once made for Half-Life 1, but I've seen no trace of it. There was a Half-Life 2 Postal mod, but that's ceased.

I'd like to see Postal-style mods Eduke and Unreal Tournament '99. I bet the mod teams here in Duke4.net would make a worthy Postal-inspired game with the current Eduke engine.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostCarl Winslow, on 20 April 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

bullet is what Blender uses. it's quite the hot mess!

Blender itself is a mess. Fucking hate that program. Sure, it's flexible, but it's interface to this day (even after the overhaul) is some gordian knot bullshit that's impossible to navigate effectively. Give me 3DS Max anyday. (I have a free educational license for it.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I could probably tolerate and use a chopped down Blender Lite version but the full version is too cluttered and awkward.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I have so many regrets when I think that Uwe Boll wanted to make a sequel to the movie but the crowdfunding campaign in 2013 failed... and he got retired 2 years ago...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options