Duke4.net Forums: Watch_Dogs is literally the worst PC port ever made. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Watch_Dogs is literally the worst PC port ever made.  "Don't buy it, pirate it."

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Commander, on 17 June 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Rockstar?
They rarely have DLC and if they do its not stupid map pack shit or weapon skins.

http://store.steampo...com/app/204100/ ??

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Never seen that before because MP3 never interested me.

User is online   Sangman 

It should, it's a great game!

User is offline   Idiotska 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 16 June 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Things are beginning to look a whole lot better. ^_^

Hah, they call it a mod. I guess changing settings in the option menu is also considered modding.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 17 June 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

At least those are pretty much only for online gameplay. While it would be nice to have some extra singleplayer content, at least we know we're playing the full game.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

We just might be having another Watch Dogs situation with another hyped up game.
Posted Image

Hmmm, Hard call to make.

It's not a massive downgrade, but it is noticeable, if you watch the gameplay demo you can see when Snake rides the horse down the hill, you can see some of the bushes start to pop in really close to him, like how 90% of Watch Dogs did.
Plus it's on PS4.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 19 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I will have to watch it later, I was trying to watch it in HD but YouTube is being a cunt and refusing to play it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Everything looks so blurry, is that depth of field or something else?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Looks like DOF to me. They also have a weird filter on the "camera."

ITS LIKE HOLLYWOOD GUYS. ISNT THAT WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED IN YOUR VIDEO GAME? Posted Image

It could also be the time of day and weather that maybe effecting the lighting.

Look at the shadow of the horses in both shots, the first one would indicate that the sun is higher in the sky.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostxMobilemux, on 19 June 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

We just might be having another Watch Dogs situation with another hyped up game.

I would never question Mr Kojimas integrity as an artist and game director, all Metal Gear games since MGS 2 have went through many changes visually through out their long development cycle and the end results have always been great. The reason it's hyped up is because people know it's going to be spectacular.

Do you even Ground Zeros bro?

This post has been edited by Ronan: 21 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostRonan, on 21 June 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

I would never question Mr Kojimas integrity as an artist and game director, all Metal Gear games since MGS 2 have went through many changes visually through out their long development cycle and the end results have always been great. The reason it's hyped up is because people know it's going to be spectacular.

Do you even Ground Zeros bro?

I have no doubt The Phantom Pain is gonna be be awesome. I'm looking forward to the Mother Base part.
I've played Ground Zeroes and I enjoyed it, but I still didn't like it and not just because it is 10 minutes long.
Snake Eater stands as not only my favorite in the series, but one of my favorite games ever, the game has an amazing story combined with fantastic gameplay stealth and survival gameplay.
My favorite things about Snake Eater is there is so much attention to the gameplay, you have so many infiltration options for a game that was made a decade ago, you can shoot the guard's radios so they can't call in back up, the camo system in Snake Eater is awesome, you need to keep Snake feed in order to keep his strength up by finding food or hunting animals and have to heal your injuries yourself by and disinfecting and stitching up wounds etc in Survival Viewer.
You can get creative with the animals you capture too, I killed a few guards by setting my pet Scorpion on them.
You can even kill one of the bosses by waiting for him to die of old age ^_^

The reason why I didn't like Ground Zeroes is because SO much was missing, the cardboard box, knocking on walls, rations, shooting guard's radios, the camo system, codec segments etc, a lot was gone, some of the stuff missing will be returning in The Phantom Pain I'm glad to hear, but a lot of the stuff from Ground Zeroes that I hated will also be returning.
Regen health instead of stamina and manual healing, no camo system, the slow mo reflex mode etc.
I hate that reflex mode but I'm stuck with it, in past games when a enemy spotted you, you could have avoided back up by shooting out his radio in a no kill run and also have time to escape because it takes a while for the guards to call in back up, but in Ground Zeroes, you get instant alert and everyone in the area is on to you, with this being a huge open world game I would have loved the disable radio feature because it gives a lot more infiltration options.
Ground Zeroes had so much less and just wasn't that good, the short length only made it worse.
However I'm still hopeful for The Phantom Pain, I'm gonna be getting a PS4 for that game, unless a PC version is a few months out from the release.

User is offline   Malgon 

So, I just finished Watch Dogs at around the 52 hour mark. The game is good in parts, but definitely not great all round, and there's just something missing to the overall experience, although I can't quite put my finger on what that is. Has anyone else completed it here yet, and if so what did you think?

User is offline   Hank 

I am at chapter four, at low settings, it's actually a great game IF you overlook why one may spend $60+tax on a game in the first place. So perhaps more patches, and I will try this again.

Yes, I like super hi-def stuff. The magic word here is optimization, a fine programming art, most forget about it.
Below is a detailed break down on new tests with video cards and systems, AMD is actually ahead with some cards :)
http://www.hardocp.c..._quality_review

This post has been edited by Hank: 01 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options