Duke4.net Forums: Watch_Dogs is literally the worst PC port ever made. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Watch_Dogs is literally the worst PC port ever made.  "Don't buy it, pirate it."

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 31 May 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

I watched an ad for this. The graphics in the ad are way better than the in-game screens, lol. :)

For some reason, you act as if showing ads with much better graphics than in the actual games is something worthy of calling a surprise.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 31 May 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

For some reason, you act as if showing ads with much better graphics than in the actual games is something worthy of calling a surprise.

To be fair to UbiSoft, they didn't claim it was in-game footage. But it's still disappointing that the new consoles aren't really capable of such graphics.

User is offline   Malgon 

I had a chance to play this last night and performance seems pretty smooth, with only minor stuttering when driving at high speeds, which is surprising considering all the issues everyone has been having with similar or better systems than mine. I'm using old nvidia 331.82 drivers, which I'll probably stick with since I'm not having any major problems. I'll play some more later on and see how I go.

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 31 May 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

To be fair to UbiSoft, they didn't claim it was in-game footage. But it's still disappointing that the new consoles aren't really capable of such graphics.

Provided you know somebody that gives a shit about what the new consoles do or don't do.
I can never be disappointed by what the new consoles don't do, because I never expected them to be anything special in the first place and I also don't give a rat's ass about consoles newer than the Ps2 generation.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You've obviously never tried to shoot zombies in Resident Evil 4 - using only the arrow keys to aim as they thought that mice were an outdated concept on the PC.

IIRC, you had to control alt del to quit the game as well.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostTea Monster, on 04 June 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

You've obviously never tried to shoot zombies in Resident Evil 4 - using only the arrow keys to aim as they thought that mice were an outdated concept on the PC.

That's the worst PC port I ever played, shame on Capcom. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostPlayer Lin, on 04 June 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

That's the worst PC port I ever played, shame on Capcom. :)

My buddy has a bunch of third party patches and it seems like a really good port to me.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostForge, on 04 June 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

E3 '71? :)

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 04 June 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

My buddy has a bunch of third party patches and it seems like a really good port to me.

I heard those third party patches fixed a lot of stuffs, so it'll a good port after patched, but I already lost my interest with the game before I tried those patches...

• Polymancer

If it relies on third party patches to work, then it's NOT a good port. It should never have been shipped in that condition.

It's the same as saying that you shouldn't complain about watchdogs as some hacker somewhere might write a patch to fix the issues you are complaining about, so let them off doing a crap job.
So pay your money and sit there staring at the box art till someone patches it.

• "Dick Nasty"

Hey Viper- I realize that you're nothing more than a troll, but to openly encourage consumers to pirate a video game is deplorable.

I spent 60 bucks on the PC version and it performs just fine(even before any patches)....as well as being an awesomely fun and impressive game. By far one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a very long while.

I can only come to the conclusion that you're spouting pure nonsense, possibly because you're butthurt over this:

Posted Image

I agree with you that the reference is highly reprehensible, but to slander a hard-working, reputable company with utter lies is also uncalled for. Not everybody at Ubisoft was in on this distasteful Easter Egg, and many are decent people who need to feed their families. Think about that before the next time you publicly advocate theft.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 05 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

^Can't figure out whether it's ironic or serious.

User is online   Sangman 

Wait who was talking about easter eggs? I'm confused.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDuke Rocks, on 05 June 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

I can only come to the conclusion that you're spouting pure nonsense, possibly because you're butthurt over this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 05 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostSangman, on 05 June 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Wait who was talking about easter eggs? I'm confused.

Nobody, but that particular controversy has made national headlines...so, coupled with Viper's inexplicable vitriol towards Watch Dogs I put two and two together...

^_^

User is offline   Hank 

^ they are talking two different games, ergo your math is way off

This post has been edited by Hank: 05 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

Also, lols at "theft".

View PostTea Monster, on 05 June 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

If it relies on third party patches to work, then it's NOT a good port. It should never have been shipped in that condition.

It's the same as saying that you shouldn't complain about watchdogs as some hacker somewhere might write a patch to fix the issues you are complaining about, so let them off doing a crap job.
So pay your money and sit there staring at the box art till someone patches it.

It's a shit port that was turned into the best version of the game by people with fair skin and round eyes. Hopefully Ubisoft can turn Watch_Dogs around.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostProtected by Viper, on 28 May 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

4.5GHz i5 2500k, 4GB GTX 770. Runs 60fps then randomly jagged, in a small corridor (Seems to be shader related). Some guy with dual 780 Ti's had it even worse. Also, if you have 4GB RAM it's got a memory leak and you'll have to reboot after an hour.

well there's your problem.
just pre-order yourself an i7-4790k. over-clock that s.o.b. until your leg gets sunburnt from sitting too close to the tower.
should hold you over 'til Christmas when they ship the 14nm chips (you'll throw a fit if the first iteration is locked - better hold on to that 4790k)

This post has been edited by Forge: 05 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

User is offline   100199 

After the abysmal Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC port, i'm not surprised.
Not to mention tDriver San Francisco wich the pc port was lacking several graphical features from the console versions.

I loathe any kind of input lag/aceleration and the last time I played a game with unfixable input lag (Shift 2 Unleasged) I put the developer (slightly mad studios) on my black list.

with all due respect, fuck ubisoft.

This post has been edited by 100199: 10 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostForge, on 05 June 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

well there's your problem.
just pre-order yourself an i7-4790k. over-clock that s.o.b. until your leg gets sunburnt from sitting too close to the tower.
should hold you over 'til Christmas when they ship the 14nm chips (you'll throw a fit if the first iteration is locked - better hold on to that 4790k)

The newer Intel chips just have more Jewish backdoors. They too, are designed in Israel. It's the official processor of The Sandtman (If he had a job),

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 10 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

• "Dick Nasty"

Things are beginning to look a whole lot better. ^_^

User is offline   Lunick 

That also makes the game run worse though...

User is offline   Hank 

View PostLunick, on 16 June 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Should I download it or wait for Ubisoft to fix their shit?^_^

There's apparently very little performance hit with the extra effects turned on, though that's only based on what people are saying.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostLunick, on 16 June 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

http://www.pcgamer.c...ve-performance/

"A new work-in-progress "E3 Bloom" mod not only introduces more dramatic lighting, but also comes with performance improvements, stuttering tweaks and depth-of-field effects."

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 16 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

• Polymancer

I don't know about you guys, but I am really hacked off with this crap.

"Modders are evil because they steal money from us making stupid DLC sets. But we will welcome this dude as he fixes all the dumbing down of the game we did for the console market. Dumbing down we didn't fix for the PC version as nobody gives an airborne fornication about those loosers anyway."

My advice is give your money to someone who gives a damn.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 16 June 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

My advice is give your money to someone who gives a damn.

... and who might that be? ^_^

They all work under the same premise, make cash on consoles, issue cool looking trailers and fuck over PC gamers.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Rockstar?
They rarely have DLC and if they do its not stupid map pack shit or weapon skins.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options