Duke4.net Forums: Watch_Dogs is literally the worst PC port ever made. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Watch_Dogs is literally the worst PC port ever made.  "Don't buy it, pirate it."

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The game has negative acceleration for the mouse. There is literally no way to fix the mouse lag. Editing the config files does fuck all. It is completely unplayable. Your movements vary from .25-1+ seconds behind. It has performance issues with Nvidia cards and MAJOR issues with Radeons (Apparently Nvidia payed them off).

4.5GHz i5 2500k, 4GB GTX 770. Runs 60fps then randomly jagged, in a small corridor (Seems to be shader related). Some guy with dual 780 Ti's had it even worse. Also, if you have 4GB RAM it's got a memory leak and you'll have to reboot after an hour.

You need a controller to play. Stay the fuck away from the piece of shit until these cocksuckers fix it.

As of now I give the PC port a 0/10, even EA isn't this fucking stupid.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 28 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

The game in general seems mediocre and common opinions tend to agree, I was never interested in this game in the first place cause Ubisoft games suck, Blood Dragon excluded.

I hope this game flops so it fucks up Ubisofts plan to only make franchises lol.

User is offline   Lunick 

Thanks uPlay.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostxMobilemux, on 28 May 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

The game in general seems mediocre and common opinions tend to agree, I was never interested in this game in the first place cause Ubisoft games suck, Blood Dragon excluded.

Yep, but while we are on the subject who else wants Blood Dragon 2?

User is offline   Stabs 

tend to avoid a lot of sandbox games, unless they have rockstars budget (and V didnt have THAT much content) they tend to have miles of miles of unused world, ahh good ol mouse lag hiding the fact these consoles have terrible input latency since 2005+

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

As someone on /pol/ pointed out, a lot of it's features seems like a data-mining operation in order to figure out what kind of people are playing their games.

View PostReaperMan, on 28 May 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

Yep, but while we are on the subject who else wants Blood Dragon 2?

Posted Image

Far Cry 4 shouldn't even exist, Blood Dragon 2 needs to be a full length release.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I didn't like Blood Dragon that much except for the art style, music, and some of the smaller improvements like no fall damage. Otherwise, it felt boring, the weapons all felt bad, and the missions were bland. I think I would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't open world, Far Cry 3 burnt me out on that style at the time.

Oh my god how in the hell is this garbage Ubisofts fastest selling game?

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 29 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That looks like it could be a shitload of fun. I want to buy this even more now than before.

Also use just "http".

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 28 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostDaedolon, on 28 May 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Also use just "http".

Nothing.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostxMobilemux, on 28 May 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Oh my god how in the hell is this garbage Ubisofts fastest selling game?

EDIT: Also how do I embed videos on this site like we used to? It's not working anymore.

By removing the "S" from http like Daedolon said and like I just have by quoting your post and removing it.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 29 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

Hmm, I'm just about to install this. Hopefully I don't run into the same issues in regards to performance.

View PostThe Commander, on 29 May 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

By removing the "S" from http like Daedolon said and like I just have by quoting your post and removing it.

Ah Thanks.

User is offline   Malgon 

What the...

Posted Image

This is what I get when I click on install. Good show Ubisoft. :)

Just to quote from my post in the Ubisoft thread.

View PostThe Commander, on 21 May 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Why does Watch Dogs have a review embargo till release day?
Also day one release patch...
What is this smelling like?

Someone has already got their hands on the xbox one version and has stated that the graphics are comparable to Gta on xbox 360. Of course Ubisoft says this is false and to dismiss it.

As soon as I read it had the review embargo that put me right off, I no longer preorder games any more no matter what stupid "bonuses or TF2 shit hats" you get.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 29 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Oh boy. After seeing the upper youtube video I laughed my ass off and sighed at the end.
Man this is just what I expected pixel for pixel.
And believe me or not, I expected this to be the end result ever since we were shown the first E3 video they claimed to be real time gameplay, which was obviously prerendered stuff.
I enjoyed the first ever prerendered fake gameplay video and I always knew that is all that I will ever get out of this game and I had absolutely no hype or naivety to believe it will be more than a dumbed down game with scripted linear gameplay.
To find that it's also bug ridden to this extent, I am quite amazed because one my my real life mates that works at ubisoft qc, told me half an year ago that while this game is crap on ps3 and 360, it appeared to be really good looking on ps4 and xbone and he also told me that pc was the same build as the ps4 and xbone.
This game has kept my mate indoors working and not going out for a beer for the last year or so.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 29 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 29 May 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

And believe me or not, I expected this to be the end result ever since we were shown the first E3 video they claimed to be real time gameplay, which was obviously prerendered stuff.

I wouldn't call it prerendered stuff, but effects they clearly removed to suit the console fanny boys hardware.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 29 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

Who cares about the graphics? Nigga, I can't even aim my gun.

I thought that is all people care about in this day and age is the graphics.

Gamers 20 Years ago vs Gamers Now!
Posted Image

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 30 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

This post has been edited by The Commander: 30 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Like honestly, who cares if the graphics aren't up to par? After playing Blood Dragon and the Mass Effect Trilogy last year, I just don't get excited about graphics anymore.

Watch_Dogs really doesn't look that different than other games, anyway. Franchises need their own art direction, everything now looks generic.

Games need more color, fantasy style neon lighting, surreal environments, and oh yeah, COOL LOOKING CHARACTERS.

My friend was on acid and we were hanging out the other day. Blood Dragon and Afterlife baby, shit looked so cash to him.

Oy vey my realism is gay!

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 30 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 30 May 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

My friend was on acid and we were hanging out the other day.

I would love to trip again, haven't done it in years, a 4 player in Golden Eye on the N64 is hilarious while tripping balls, everyone just running around laughing at each other instead of shooting. I did a lot of acid when I was in my teens, but now I'm worried I won't come back if I do it again. I watched my brother play Watch Dogs for a bit on his pc, I think it looks shit, he says it plays shit. Sleeping Dogs is the best of these type of games so far.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 30 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

I've always wanted to do acid but I'll never be able to. Bums me out.

You get really manic if you're bipolar and unmedicated. And lithium + LSD = seizure city, so I can't take it when I'm medicated.

It seriously makes me sad. I would love nothing more than to try acid just once. I've been around people on it so many times and I just love the energy they give off, and the ideas they come up with.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 30 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

How many games can they make that end with the word dog...

Id rather watch the movie...

User is online   Sangman 

So has anyone but Viper actually played the game? :)

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image

User is offline   termit 

• General Arcade

Watch_Dogs has a nice and interesting gameplay, but also dozens of glitches and bugs. My favorite glitch is when you suddenly falling through the floor and then drowning in the water. Our designer even did a comics strip about it:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by termit: 31 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

I watched an ad for this. The graphics in the ad are way better than the in-game screens, lol. :)

This post has been edited by Duke of Hazzard: 31 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options