Duke4.net Forums: Free full Grabbag MIDI file - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free full Grabbag MIDI file

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

"Arachno" and "GUS Plus" music packs have been updated to include updated recordings of the extended Grabbag. SC-55 version should follow soon. All the required credits have been included in the readme (I hope). ^^

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

THANKS, LEE! ^_^

This is so awesome. First the 3DR Goldmine thread, and now this.

I'm going to use this opportunity to ramble on. I've always had so much respect for Lee Jackson's musical work for Duke Nukem 3D. Even after years I've spent arranging and composing songs for various bands and ensembles, I look back on the music in Duke and hear all these complex chords and voices that I could never pull off. I think I was 9 years old when his music first captured me. Hats off to Lee for releasing this to the public. There's nothing not to love about this guy.

Once again, THANKS, LEE! :)

This post has been edited by Radar: 12 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

View PostRadar, on 11 June 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

THANKS, LEE! ^_^

This is so awesome. First the 3DR Goldmine thread, and now this.

I'm going to use this opportunity to ramble on. I've always had so much respect for Lee Jackson's musical work for Duke Nukem 3D. Even after years I've spent arranging and composing songs for various bands and ensembles, I look back on the music in Duke and hear all these complex chords and voices that I could never pull off. I think I was 9 years old when his music first captured me. Hats off to Lee for releasing this to the public. There's nothing not to love about this guy.

Once again, THANKS, LEE! :)

You are welcome, and thanks for the high praise! Now, you wouldn't happen to know a stage band / marching band / drum corps that would like to play Havana Smooth live, would you? ;)

User is offline   Nukkus 

View PostSpooferJahk, on 06 June 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

After noticing some errors with the initial recording thanks to Hendricks pointing them out, here is an updated recording of the full Grabbag on the SC-55 with some more tweaks to make it sound a wee bit closer to the SC-88 recording Lee Jackson made years ago. It isn't exact, but this is as close I can get without significantly altering the original song. Much rather not completely overhaul a piece of history, since Lee made it perfect as it is already. :rolleyes:

Grabbag Full Version SC-55

Sorry to reply to an ancient post here, but do you still have your tweaked source midi?

User is offline   Lunick 

I feel bad bumping such an old thread but this particular midi received an update today with the following note: "Version 1.1 - January 17th, 2022 Fixed Zero Reverb Values in Both Files"

http://leejacksonaud...l/download.html

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options