Duke4.net Forums: RIP H.R. Giger - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RIP H.R. Giger  "Age 74"

User is offline   Jblade 

http://www.reuters.c...N0DT0HX20140513
http://www.swissinfo...ml?cid=38569780

74 is by no means a young age but it was in an accident rather than any illnesses. It sucks either way. Here's to the man who brought us one of the most terrifying creatures to appear on the silverscreen, and some of the most disturbing art around. I imagine if Rusty_Nails were around he would have a few words to say as he actually met and had a photo taken with him.

This post has been edited by James: 13 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Sad to hear. I just saw him in Jodorowsky's Dune documentary. The guy was supremely talented. RIP.

User is offline   Engel220 

I'm gutted. I loved his work, his style was so bizarre and yet so stunning to look at and it left a big impression on me. I might try and pick up a copy of his Necronomicon, I don't have any art books and his would be a great starting point.

One of my favourite works of his.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Engel220: 13 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

All you gotta do is open one of his books to any given page, or type his name into Google, and you'll be hit with a brick. His style is the stuff of nightmares, literally. Nobody will do art the way he did. Not ever quite the same. You'll have the imitators, the tributers, but only one real McCoy.

The alien itself will ensure his immortalization. RIP Hans Rudi Giger. Posted Image

User is offline   Cage 

Seems my masters are dying off. Moebius in 2012, Storm Thorgerson last year and now HR Giger :) I'll never forget any of you!

On a side note, some of the alien textures from Duke Nukem 3d are rip-off's of HR Giger work!

This guy has changed the world with his unique satanic art.
He has shown something that my mind would have never been able to see without his art.
RIP, his art will live on and his xenomorphs and their world that he helped produce in alien, will also be testament to how big of a horror genius he was.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Like many others, I'm sure, I hadn't heard of him by name, but his work and creations are clearly known and recognized by millions. That's probably the best kind of fame to achieve. I'm sure this guy could've walked into an ACME without being mobbed for autographs, yet he was still able to share his unique talents and imaginations with practically the entire world. RIP to this genius.

View PostEngel220, on 13 May 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

I'm gutted. I loved his work, his style was so bizarre and yet so stunning to look at and it left a big impression on me. I might try and pick up a copy of his Necronomicon, I don't have any art books and his would be a great starting point.

One of my favourite works of his.

Posted Image

He has made a lot of pure satanic art and many high profile satan worshipers thought of him as one of satan's prophets.
While I love his art, I equally fear his themes and art to the point where I am actually asking myself if what he was drawing, wasn't actually being channeled to him during his black magic sessions where he invoked satan for inspiration and had the hell itself being shown to him by satan himself.
He had black magic sessions, very serious and disturbing ones. It's official and he has even shown his occult altars and satanic aspirations.
He was so satanic that even some of the hollywood artists and satan worshiping directors got in contact with him for inspiration for their horror movies.
None of this is conspiracy theory, it's all fact.
What you see in that this art piece that he done, is Baphoment himself.
If you don't know who Baphoment is, here's a short official description of him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

View PostDuke Rocks, on 13 May 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Like many others, I'm sure, I hadn't heard of him by name, but his work and creations are clearly known and recognized by millions. That's probably the best kind of fame to achieve. I'm sure this guy could've walked into an ACME without being mobbed for autographs, yet he was still able to share his unique talents and imaginations with practically the entire world. RIP to this genius.

You might be surprised to know that even though his face was one of common old weirdos that usually enjoy drinking their own urine and having sex with their mother as part of their weird yoga sessions he was extremely well known by many and he has had a few very good documentaries about him that I urge you to search on youtube.
The art of that guy was amazing but he wasn't less interesting either.
In fact, I have never seen a person talk and describe his life in a way that is similar to his ever in my life.
His lifestyle and his personality in those documentaries, will make almost anybody feel that the Addams family failed miserably trying to copy him...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

WTF, I literally just saw the title of this thread as I was about to close the forums window down and couldn't believe my eyes. His work on the Alien design is iconic, and his style really was truly unique. RIP.

User is offline   Soap DX 

The guy was quiite interesting, I remember watching a very good alien documentary his comments where fun. I belive some people tried to burn one of the movie props that was on display at a theater the alien movie was playing.

His art isn't something you can just ignore, its captivating, love or hate.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options