Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Minigunner 

View PostPikaCommando, on 19 May 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

So it was a real chainsaw digitized into a sprite? That makes sense, seeing that it was originally the Laser Chainsaw.

Can anyone tell the brand/model of the chainsaw?

View Postspessu_sb, on 19 May 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Is there somewhere shot of this "toy" from where this model was taken from? I'd really like to see the real world version if just possible. I believe the shotgun reference has already been shown forexample.

Posted Image
This has been on the site for a few years.

View PostMinigunner, on 19 May 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

This has been on the site for a few years.

I'm aware of the image, but I meant the brand/model of the real life version of the chainsaw it was based on like how Doom did it.

Posted Image

Guess I forgot it was a 3D model based on the concept art because the model looks too damn good. I think someone mentioned the pistol was scanned from a photo, but it has cartoonish proportions now.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Look at Lameduke, the pistol has obvious polygons.

Pretty much all weapon sprites except for the shotgun and hands are rendered 3D models.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The pistol is clearly modeled after a HiPoint.

User is offline   Sanek 

I don't know if this will be interesting to the majority of users, but I decided to record my poor attempt to recreate the space level we've seen in the beta video. It's on youtube now. I wanted to use for one of my abandoned space maps, and also see how level like this will look in final game. Sure, I don't aimed for 100% accuracy...but at least I tried.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 26 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

View PostSanek, on 26 May 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

I don't know if this will be interesting to the majority of users, but I decided to record my poor attempt to recreate the space level we've seen in the beta video. It's on youtube now. I wanted to use for one of my abandoned space maps, and also see how level like this will look in final game. Sure, I don't aimed for 100% accuracy...but at least I tried.

I really like it. Its very "Doom like" while keeping the Duke3D feel. Great work!

User is offline   Player Lin 

Cool! And plus the RotT music really make me love it so hard. :P

User is offline   jet_nick 

new scans founded

http://imgur.com/a/bLmz4
http://imgur.com/a/lZW6s
http://i.imgur.com/0T9lI.jpg

It is interesting that there is a unique fanart made by the magazine's artist of the very first alpha/beta POLICE Pigcop.

No one has ever found the sprites?

View PostFantinaikos, on 15 June 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

It is interesting that there is a unique fanart made by the magazine's artist of the very first alpha/beta POLICE Pigcop.

No one has ever found the sprites?

They will never release the sprites, unfortunately whoever holds the rights does not want, As if there was a gain from these prototypes...

Whats with the green floor in the Hollywood Holocaust map? Also I'm not liking the smiling pig cop. The rest of those scans are pretty cool.

User is offline   Nacho 

View Posticecoldduke, on 15 June 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

Whats with the green floor in the Hollywood Holocaust map? Also I'm not liking the smiling pig cop. The rest of those scans are pretty cool.

It's most likely from the night vision goggles.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostNacho, on 15 June 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

It's most likely from the night vision goggles.

Nah, carpet just used to be green.

So Battlelord (with a staff) was going to be the final boss? Based on the giant drill in the background, looks like it was going to be an underground level. If the dickgun Overlord was implemented in the game at one point, then was this Battlelord too?

• el fundador

View PostPikaCommando, on 15 June 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

So Battlelord (with a staff) was going to be the final boss? Based on the giant drill in the background, looks like it was going to be an underground level. If the dickgun Overlord was implemented in the game at one point, then was this Battlelord too?

I think the original intention was for the Battlelord to pick up the gun. I have some animated versions of the Battlelord with no gun, and some with different versions of the animations, and even some where the Battlelord punches you, but I've not seen anything with the spear.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostJimmy, on 22 May 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

The pistol is clearly modeled after a HiPoint.

Have you got a picture to illustrate that? I've googled it and I'm not seeing a resemblance.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Whoever made the model moved the ejection port to a more traditional spot like on a Glock, but the ridging, slide, thickness and overall shape of the gun give it away. People mistake it for a Glock, but as a Glock owner I can tell you that they are very thin and square-shaped (and very expensive.) HiPoints are cheap and have more of a curvy design. These guns are shit and since you can get them so cheap people always make modifications to them. It's very common for people to remove the sights because the guns can become very inaccurate over time anyway. Just look up HiPoint 45, there are hundreds of pictures.

View PostTerminX, on 15 June 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I think the original intention was for the Battlelord to pick up the gun. I have some animated versions of the Battlelord with no gun, and some with different versions of the animations, and even some where the Battlelord punches you, but I've not seen anything with the spear.

TX is possible to see a little frame of this animations? we are curious :P

more SW scans

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by jet_nick: 16 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

Patience is key. If time and legality permits, then we'll see. :P

User is offline   Sanek 

Yes. You've waited for Duke Nukem Forever, now you can't wait for this? :P

I just hope diabetes won't deal the finishing blow right when it's all cleared for release :P

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostPikaCommando, on 16 June 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

I just hope diabetes won't deal the finishing blow right when it's all cleared for release :P

Speaking as someone who has had Diabetes for 24 years, I think we've got time. :P

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

No new updates on the betas? :/

• el fundador

View PostDr_Proton, on 28 June 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

What kind of updates are you looking for beyond me saying that I'm not currently working with Gearbox on anything and don't have permission to release full builds?

View PostTerminX, on 28 June 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

What kind of updates are you looking for beyond me saying that I'm not currently working with Gearbox on anything and don't have permission to release full builds?

There hoping this time around will be different the last 50,000,000 times they asked you :P. It's silly really, because when the betas do get released, I'm sure it will be splashed all over Duke4.

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

I think we can trust TerminX to keep us updated

You can poke here for assets released on Discord and not yet the forums (I'm too lazy to relink a series of images atm).

You will never see betas, make a reason :P

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options