Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Ahcruna 

View PostHendricks266, on 12 July 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

3DR used a nasty EXE protection tool on a few things (at least one prototype, and a couple old copies of the BUILD editor) called "AEGIS" (or "ÆGIS") by "Software Security, Inc." that requires a parallel port dongle that no one has any more. Today I finally defeated it.

I think this is about all I can show from said prototype:

Posted Image

Seeing this is awesome, but makes me sad at the same time. :P pore Blood

User is offline   Nefar 

If in these builds the game was called as Horror 3D, then it maybe actually can be released to the public? :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Regardless of what it's called, anything to do with the original Blood can't be talked about/presented/whatever by 3D Realms.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

No, smartass. :P Regardless of name it's the same IP.

And even as of the earliest build, it is called Blood.

EDIT: Ninja C'd.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 12 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I think it was called Horror 3d while in pre-production.

User is offline   FTW23065 

Yes, it was called Horror 3D during the early stages of production.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostHendricks266, on 12 July 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

This logo looks great! The all gold look makes it look like royalty. Great stuff.

It would be a shame if that Blood prototype was mysteriously "leaked" by some anonymous "hacker"...

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Interceptor would still be responsible.

This post has been edited by Fox: 13 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 13 July 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Interceptor would still be responsible.

Or Hendricks266.

Come on buddy, take one for the team Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Hendricks has a fun filled life ahead of him, don't let him be ruined now :P

User is offline   MetHy 

Blood is worth more than a man's life :P

Spoiler

This post has been edited by MetHy: 13 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

That version of Blood isn't. :P

• Honored Donor

Please release the rest of these HUD faces from early versions of Blood at least :P

Posted Image

User is offline   Nefar 

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 13 July 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

It would be a shame if that Blood prototype was mysteriously "leaked" by some anonymous "hacker"...

I think nothing will happen if builds will be leaked. Warner and Monolith are not interested in Blood IP at all, and Warner already wanted to sell Blood IP, but their price was too big for Devolver.

Or at least Fred can talk with folks from Monolith and Warner about releasing builds :P

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNefar, on 13 July 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Warner already wanted to sell Blood IP, but their price was too big for Devolver.

No. Devolver asked for a quote on the price and Warner highballed them because they don't want to sell it.

View PostNefar, on 13 July 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Or at least Fred can talk with folks from Monolith and Warner about releasing builds :P

They would never say yes. It's not corporate-like.

• Honored Donor

If the Blood prototypes were leaked 18 years after the release of the game, the CIA would get involved, conspiracies would be uncovered, the whereabouts of the holy grail would be revealed, and all hell would break loose!!! AAAAAGH!

AAAAAGH!

AAAAAGH!

AAAAAGH!

AAAAAGH!

AAAAAGH! Or they'd just be on the internet, similar to how the current leaked Blood alpha is...

This post has been edited by gerolf: 13 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

User is offline   Treupp 

View Postgerolf, on 13 July 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

If the Blood prototypes were leaked 18 years after the release of the game, the CIA would get involved, conspiracies would be uncovered, the whereabouts of the holy grail would be revealed, and all hell would break loose!!! AAAAAGH!

I haven't got any knowledge of circumstances regarding that current Blood alpha and how it leaked, but with Horror 3D, the powers that be would know exactly where and whom to look for if "something happened".

This post has been edited by Treupp: 13 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hmm... Leaking prototypes... If it comes to that, perhaps a disgruntled former employee with his own copy did it? I can't see that holding up in court though to be honest.

How about... Devolver or Interceptor - maybe even a joint effort between more than one company? - look into buying the IP, then if it really is too expensive a Kickstarter could be launched to offset the cost slightly. Then, get a Steam version out, a sort of "Blood Reloaded" if you will.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTreupp, on 13 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

I haven't got any knowledge of circumstances regarding that current Blood alpha and how it leaked,

According to Lon Matero's Leaked Apogee Beta page: "Now this one is very interesting. This leak occured back when 3D Realms was going to publish Blood. One of the developer's computers was sent to a PC repair shop, and this shop found this in development game and copied and leaked it. It was mentioned the next time a PC goes in for a repair, someone is going along with the computer and is not going to take their eyes off of it during the process."

View PostTreupp, on 13 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

but with Horror 3D, the powers that be would know exactly where and whom to look for if "something happened".

None of the builds are called Horror 3D. Read the thread.

View PostHendricks266, on 12 July 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

And even as of the earliest build, it is called Blood.

It's best not to piss off big entertainment corporations, no matter how insignificant the material released may be at the time. Groups like WB tend to be very protective of their IPs, and any interal material released without their permission tends to make them quite unhappy. A stupid in-development build of an obscure FPS is simply not worth someone like WB tearing into you.

• Honored Donor

What if we say... please?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I always find it funny how often we talk about the Blood source code, as if this time we'll come to a different conclusion about its release. I know we're talking about early builds right now, but the same rules seem to apply. The powers that be are doing everything they can to make sure we will never have it. Oh well.

I wonder if any early copies of the source code are hidden in Hendricks' search pile.

This post has been edited by KGBrony: 13 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

• Weaponized Autism

The proto this came from turned 20 years old this month.

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

It's getting ludicrous in here.

Posted Image

Oh my god yes. I was hoping that the women enemies would be recovered from the RoTT protos. Now, I'm hoping someone will eventually implant them into the final game like they were supposed to (since the memory issues that made them eventually get cut haven't been an issue since like 1998).

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Treupp 

View PostHendricks266, on 13 July 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

According to Lon Matero's Leaked Apogee Beta page: "Now this one is very interesting. This leak occured back when 3D Realms was going to publish Blood. One of the developer's computers was sent to a PC repair shop, and this shop found this in development game and copied and leaked it. It was mentioned the next time a PC goes in for a repair, someone is going along with the computer and is not going to take their eyes off of it during the process."

None of the builds are called Horror 3D. Read the thread.

Thanks for the update. :P

This post has been edited by Treupp: 13 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

View PostHendricks266, on 13 July 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

hahahahahahaha

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options