Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Kid 

Hendricks266, on 25 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Thread split.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's awesome! thank you for posting this B)
It certainly is an odd looking enemy!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

KareBear, on 25 April 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Can you post some Shadow Warrior stuff please?

Posted Image

Spoiler

User is offline   Darkus 

Well I'll do it, just the time to wait.
As I said before, I bought the game because I saw the screenshots on the DN3D CD. But they were from beta version of the game, which was a big disappointment when I discovered that lots of things have been cut in the final version.

The blade wrist weapon is not in the final game... The appearance of the ninja also is not the same.
Posted Image

Lots of ghosts, different from the final version.
Posted Image

This screenshot interest me the most: an unknown enemy in action. And the crossbow too. None of these in the final version.
Posted Image

And also the dragons.
Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Hendricks266, on 25 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 25 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

"I will if I find something when I'm next looking at SW."

oh the displeasure at the words "if" and "next"....
"here" and "now" is much more preferable.

User is offline   Malgon 

I don't think I've seen those Shadow Warrior shots before. They are all very cool, and I really dig the look of the wrist-blade weapon. It's amazing how much this and Duke changed from the earlier versions to the final releases. B)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Check this stuff out, Malgon.

So we've got sprites of the Snake Head. Any sign of this guy ever having been sprited?
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Zero X. Diamond: 25 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

That's just an early Pig Cop, no?

User is offline   Lunick 

Fox, on 25 April 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

That's just an early Pig Cop, no?

We saw a strange sprite of the Commander... anything is possible B)

User is offline   Shaq Fu 

I was wondering if any of you know where the footage or version 2:04 comes from. Notice the HUD and wacky Red Light District?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's just from a version close to the 0.99 beta that was leaked ages ago. I'm sure the 3DR archives have a closer version, if not that exact version. We'll just have to wait.

User is offline   Lunick 

Grounder, on 25 April 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

I was wondering if any of you know where the footage or version 2:04 comes from. Notice the HUD and wacky Red Light District?

<video>

I'm sure it will pop up soon, there is more footage available:

User is offline   sorath 

The tread is so long I couldn't really read if or when a duke nukem game would come out. Its pretty sweet that interceptor is for the fans and all that.

If you'd like to know exactly my talents in making music here is some two duke nukem pieces of music I remixed back in the day with psycle tracker.

https://soundcloud.c...em-original-mix

https://soundcloud.c...uke-nukem-remix

You guys tell me if I'm good enough or just need a bit more work on creating game music.

• Weaponized Autism

Lunick, on 25 April 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

I'm sure it will pop up soon, there is more footage available:

I haven't taken a hard look at it, but we have a build where E1L1 starts in the same place as this vid and that has the same red text.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I've looked at it, we have that build. It's shareware. It's beta. It's cool. You'll all see it eventually.

User is offline   Malgon 

Jimmy, on 25 April 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Awesome, thanks Jimmy. Going through and downloading all the files now. B)

Edit: Only been through some of the zips so far, but there is a whole bunch of stuff which I've never seen before. Pretty neat stuff. Going to check out the rest of them later. B)

This post has been edited by Malgon: 26 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Resident Evil?

User is offline   Lunick 

More Bio Menance please ;_;

Darkus, on 25 April 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

This screenshot interest me the most: an unknown enemy in action. And the crossbow too. None of these in the final version.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

O_O

User is offline   MrFlibble 

As I said before, I bought the game because I saw the screenshots on the DN3D CD. But they were from beta version of the game, which was a big disappointment when I discovered that lots of things have been cut in the final version.

I've uploaded more pre-release shots here if you're interested. Also in the same thread there is a lot of SW development discussion (including stuff related to the shareware versions), but it's interspersed with other stuff (maybe the mods should split the SW part altogether?).

TheCrawler, on 26 April 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me what refrains companies from making games for Linux? Most importantly, ARM Architechture? I'm tired of seeing open-source games that are half-given a flop about.
Believe you me, there are great games to remember that are only for linux but there's no real MAJOR games created by major companies. After almost 40 years, people still think Windows.
As of right now, I can only do so much about "Windows Gaming" because of my Architechture, which is Quad Core 1.7GHz. I've compiled my own version of Fake86 to get AT LEAST windows 95 running with minor setbacks that are barely to little noticable. Would Open-GL ES be too hard for companies? If the Betas of Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem were to be completed, wouldn't a call for all or most platforms be the best way to sell these "Golden Games"?

Games companies are racists,
They hate linux because they're black,
Windows is a white man that can't jump.
This joke is nothing serious. Internet is NEVER serious.
But the concept of this joke, is right.

This is really not the right place for your comment.

This post has been edited by Ivan Dragunov: 26 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

MYHOUSE.MAP, on 26 April 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

-snip-

O_O

What exactly does that enemy do anyway?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 26 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

PikaCommando, on 26 April 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

Here's the discussion of the leftovers for it that are found in the code:
http://forums.duke4....725#entry169725

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Hendricks266, on 26 April 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh... Oh! Oh-ho! Now dat's sweet bidness right dere.

PikaCommando, on 26 April 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

The only things the Skeleton Priest can do is shoot an odd blue projectile and slash at close range. The teleport ability hinted at in the code is not functional*. However, his code is still compiled in the final executables including the recent Classic Redux release on Steam, so you can place him as a working enemy in a map as long as you copy the appropriate beta ART files over:

Posted Image

*Edit: Actually, after looking at the code, it appears the Skeleton Priest's teleport ability should be functional, but it's only called in instances that would cause the enemy to duck. However, aside from the Evil Ninjas who spawn in a crouching position, I don't think I've ever seen an enemy in Shadow Warrior naturally duck on his own. Female Warriors are also supposed to be able to duck, but I've certainly never seen that.

This post has been edited by RinyRed: 26 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   KareBear 

RinyRed, on 26 April 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Female Warriors are also supposed to be able to duck, but I've certainly never seen that.

Do the sprites exist?

Lots of ghosts, different from the final version.
Posted Image

Love those ghost sprites, they kind of look like they are ghost versions of the Guardian, and in the final game they were ghosts for the Coolie instead.

KareBear, on 26 April 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Do the sprites exist?

Yes, there's a three frame sequence of the Female Warrior ducking.

After further testing, it seems the ducking behavior does work, but it only activates if the AI can detect a projectile is specifically targeting it. This means you must have auto aim enabled (I've always had it disabled, so that was tripping me up). If you have auto aim disabled, only the heat-seaking missile will properly trigger a duck. However, this is all a moot point in the case of the Female Warrior as her ducking behavior is broken. She only plays the first frame in her ducking sequence in which she's still standing, so she still ends up getting hit by whatever she's trying to dodge anyway.

With that in mind, I captured a screenshot of the Skeleton Priest using his teleport:
Posted Image

After firing at him with the uzi (which counts as a projectile weapon), he decided to teleport slightly to his left which happened to be in mid-air off the bridge he was just standing on. Not the most effective of strategies, but it sorta works!

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options