Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This is the greatest drug there ever was. No grown man should be as pleased as I am about shit like this.

User is offline   Komenja 

It's like someone opened the Ark of the Covenant, but instead of face-melting cosmic powers, it unleashed a feeling of euphoria.

I friggin' love you guys.

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

Oh my....
I'm so jelly. I wish I could try the old Prey...

Posted Image

Excited.

I was looking over Terminx's video, and I noticed that the first two levels shown correspond with levels in Lameduke.

The first one is E1L6. The video seems to show a later version of the movie theater seen in LD. The facade looks close to Hollywood Holocaust's movie theater. Could the movie theater in LD's E1L6 have ultimately become the one in Hollywood Holocaust?

Posted Image
Posted Image

It seems the map has also undergone a major retextuing between the two versions:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

The moat of water in the area uses the green reflective texture seen in LD's E4L1 and WAR1.

Posted Image
Posted Image

E1L5 also appears in the footage.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The only differences I could see was that area the player spawns at was moved, there isn't a Femanoid to the left of the plasma gun (like in LD), and the windows that can be seen through during the trip have bulding textures past the windows instead of rock textures.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 18 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

User is offline   Nukkus 

I want to marry this thread.

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 18 April 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

The video seems to show a later version of the movie theater seen in LD. The facade looks close to Hollywood Holocaust's movie theater.

The theater in TerminX's video also happens to be the same one from this image:

Posted Image
The video version is missing the cop car and the texturing is different, so the map presumably went through even more iterations before being cut.

I'm quite curious about TerminX's new avatar:

Posted Image

This is like the best thread in this forum.

Fred, you da man. Also, may I ask why are you doing this? I know it's awesome and all that you wanna celebrate by releasing all these stuff, which I am very happy for, but doesn't that mean that what we thought was previously long gone is actually all archived in a holy disc? As in, everything we've been wishing for is all in there? How come all of this stuff suddenly comes out not only from you, but others as well (the youtube video and the gamemaster one. Which reminds me, why did 3DR gave out that version of lameduke to the show)? How many Duke beta builds are there, and how are they different from each other? And this is something I've been wanting to know: what's the original story/plot of lameduke/older builds about, before it transitioned into the final plot?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 18 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's probably a combination of Fred being a fan of the company and this is what he would have still wanted this stuff released if places were reversed, and of course PR to get people excited about the company. Either way it's great that they're taking the time and effort to go through everything, and trusting members of the community to help out.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I can't believe 3DR just sat on all this stuff :/ Thanks Fred, good move, whatever your motivation was. After all these years I can't even imagine what else you may have gotten your hands on. Here is where I cross my fingers and pray to dnkroz you got Chucks models.

View PostDrek, on 18 April 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

I can't believe 3DR just sat on all this stuff :/ Thanks Fred, good move, whatever your motivation was. After all these years I can't even imagine what else you may have gotten your hands on. Here is where I cross my fingers and pray to dnkroz you got Chucks models.

https://www.facebook...1&stream_ref=10

I got Chuck Jones' Backup right in front of me There's a lot of 3ds max files on it, so it might be your lucky day Roger

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh I hope they are all intact!!

User is offline   Malgon 

The Chuck Jones models would be awesome. Here's hoping!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The original Chuck Jones models :) :D :)

Is this just a dream or could they potentially be converted, animated, and used directly in-game?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

We have some interesting plans for some of this stuff. Stay tuned. :)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I haven't said it yet, but this is amazing stuff happening in this thread. I know it was obvious from my posts, but I wanted to be clear. Thank you Fresch! Go Interceptor!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Chuck Jones models as 3Ds Max files?

Interesting, I thought everything was done in Animation Master?

Still, would love to see those things in all their glory.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostMicky C, on 18 April 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

The original Chuck Jones models :) :D :)

Is this just a dream or could they potentially be converted, animated, and used directly in-game?

They may already be animated if they were used for the sprites.
It depends on what polycount they have and if any smoothing has been applied.
You'd probably need to bake all the Max materials down to diffuse and normal maps. Should be possible though.

User is offline   Kyanos 

One way or another the original models could be made into a HRP type addon. I just want to see them myself.
If they do exist, and get released, I'd help get them into md3 for eduke usage.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Damn! I'm excited! Posted Image

User is offline   varg666 

@Frederik Schreiber
Thank you good sir, for sharing this to the public. :)

• Polymancer

If all else fails, you could do what we did with the old DNF Duke model and retopo it to get a new low poly and bake everything down to that. That way, we are not using the original meshes in the HRP.

I'm really interested in the Chuck Jones models for the original enemies and especially the Protozoid Slimer. I wonder why only the Octabrain render was released other than the other lameduke monsters? Why are there no other render pics of the other final monsters released as well (apart from the already known ones posted here and there)?

• Polymancer

There were a few around.

User is offline   Darkus 

Some pictures of the models are here: http://forums.duke4....n-master-stills

I'm curious to see how the pigcop model and liztroop models looks like...

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

The Pig Cop model is around somewhere, it was on the XBLA Duke 3d wallpaper.

User is offline   Yause 

View PostJimmy, on 16 April 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

As I've mentioned before, there's potentially voxels out there meant for the Plutonium Pak or Atomic Edition or perhaps a patch after that. As evidenced by the screenshot, they did exist. Dirk says they're from Duke Nukem Forever, but that is surely a mistake. The med-kit voxel is in Shadow Warrior's files. DNF was announced in April of 1997, and at that time was on the Quake engine.

It's a technicality. After finishing Duke 3D, the team expected to work on a sequel immediately, so they began prototyping on the Build Engine - adding voxels, creating experimental levels with room over room, etc. Simultaneously, they were assisting on Shadow Warrior (which used the same enhancements) as they prepared, although some of the staff was temporarily whisked away to make the Plutonium Pak.

Plans changed once 3D Realms licensed the Quake engine. Nevertheless, some developers trace the origins of DNF to the Build Engine tests.

This post has been edited by Yause: 18 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

This thread is badass! :) Massive respect for Interceptor!

I really hope you guys can show off stuff related to Duke Nukem Man of Valor cause I've wanted to see that game for so long, also Endangered Species!

I want my damn PC back so I can archive all this awesome stuff!

User is offline   Marnetmar 

Do you intend on making everything except for the Prey betas public? Please tell me you do.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostMarnetmar, on 18 April 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Do you intend on making everything except for the Prey betas public? Please tell me you do.

This.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options