Duke4.net Forums: Wildfire Studios' Pinball game patches by Mok - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wildfire Studios' Pinball game patches by Mok  "Archiving them if anyone cares."

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hey folks, I was playing Balls of Steel and looking for the Devil's Island 'spin-off' and found out this guy named Mok made patches for all of Wildfire Studio's pinball games. It took me a few minutes to hunt them down, and I figured they might get lost at some point. Then I got on track of the BOSLoader which fixes graphical glitches and generally makes things easier. So I'm archiving all this stuff here if anyone wants them

Patches:
By Mok
- KISS Pinball 1.22a
- Ultimate Pinball Gold 1.0a
- Balls of Steel 1.3c [Note: GOG.com version comes pre-patched)
- Devil's Island Pinball 1.2a
- Dirt Track Racing Pinball 1.0a
- Austin Powers Pinball 1.0a
By Jason Hood
- Balls of Steel Barbarian Table Fix [Note: GOG.com/1.3c appears to fix this issue.]
- Ultimate Pinball Gold MainLauncher.exe hack (Makes the table select screen windowed 800x600)

Launchers:
Balls of Steel Loader v1.0 by Christophe Thibault
Balls of Steel Loader v1.1 hack by Jason Hood
-includes .dll hacks for use with all other BOS engine games (Devil's Island, Dirt Track Racing, KISS Pinball, Austin Powers Pinball, and Ultimate Pinball Gold)

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 06 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

http://ronwarez.com/bosloader/ I use this with Balls of Steel for a better experience.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Awesome. I'll throw that up there too. Thanks, Lunick.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I got into contact with a guy who had hacked the BOSLauncher before and now it works with ALL of the BOS engine games. Updated my original post to reflect that and some other stuff. If you're using the old BOSLauncher, I recommend upgrading. (You don't need to download 1.0 if you don't already have it. Just download 1.1.)

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 04 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

EXCITING

User is offline   Lunick 

NOT SO EXCITING... The 1.1 version of the Balls of Steel Loader isn't working with the GOG copy of the game for me:
Posted Image
Except the exe and the dll is in the folder... 1.0 still works fine for me.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You have to create a shortcut and give it an argument. Shortcut should be like "%installdirectory%/bosloader.exe" bos.exe

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 04 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJimmy, on 04 April 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

You have to create a shortcut and give it an argument. Shortcut should be like "%installdirectory%/bosloader.exe" bos.exe

I'm a dumbass, thankyou :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Nah, its not extremely clear that you have to do that for BOS too.

User is offline   Lunick 

Can you actually get Ultimate Pinball Gold anywhere? I only found one listing of it on eBay http://www.ebay.com....tm/161261439310

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I "found" it on the Internet. :)

3DR should buy up the rights to all these games (well, except maybe Austin Powers and KISS) and repackage them into one game. Ultimate Balls of Steel or something.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJimmy, on 04 April 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

I "found" it on the Internet. :)

Yes, I managed to 'find' it eventually. I'm not sure what exe to make bosloader to load in this case though.

View PostJimmy, on 04 April 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

3DR should buy up the rights to all these games (well, except maybe Austin Powers and KISS) and repackage them into one game. Ultimate Balls of Steel or something.

I started up Austin Powers and oh why, why does it exist.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 04 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You want it to point to MainLauncher.exe for UPG.

Austin Powers is kinda stupid, and the graphics are the worst out of all of them, but the tables are decent.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJimmy, on 05 April 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

You want it to point to MainLauncher.exe for UPG.

Ah of course. I was going to record gameplay of all the Balls of Steel engine games but Fraps doesn't seem to want to cooperate with these games :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options