Duke4.net Forums: The Sale & Free Thread - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sale & Free Thread  "Post here when there's a sale for games that people here want to b"

User is offline   Sanek 

Never played the reboot. Do I need to play the first part in order to understand the 2nd?

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

Actually, I haven't played it yet either. And I have yet to beat the first one. So I don't know. But I'm gonna say doubtful. Since it's all based around procedural level design and co-op.

Could be wrong.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
It's Green (Duke3D BETA Track!) in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSanek, on 05 October 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Never played the reboot. Do I need to play the first part in order to understand the 2nd?

While there is more story in the rebooted series than the original, it's hardly the core focus of the game. So basically, you can play this without playing the first. Having said that, if you ever do want to play the first at some point, I'd hold off playing the 2nd until you do so, as the gameplay of the first will seem somewhat limited in comparison.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

User is offline   Sanek 

Thanks. Grabbed it anyway, so I can play it I really want to.

User is offline   Romulus 

Both Shadow Warrior (reboot) and Shadow Warrior 2 (sequel to the reboot) were on giveaway, specially the first game was on giveaway multiple times.. so if you have it, there's no reason to not play it.

The game is like a first person hack and slash game, where guns feel like were an afterthought, though you can't hack and slash bosses and you have to use the guns for them instead.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options