Duke4.net Forums: The Sale & Free Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sale & Free Thread  "Post here when there's a sale for games that people here want to b"

User is online   Lunick 

If you already own the game, stay away otherwise it will add another copy to your library :)

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Neat. I had heard good things about that game. I have passed up on it every time because I usually have other things to play. I'll be logging in to Origin tonight (for the first time in a while).

User is online   Lunick 

Lunick, on 27 March 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

If you already own the game, stay away otherwise it will add another copy to your library :)

I've just heard that the version on Origin compared to the Humble Bundle version has a lower filesize and proper cloud save support :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Everyone should get Goat Simulator... lol

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I bet you're enjoying the Hot Coffee Grass patch.

User is online   Lunick 

The Commander, on 28 March 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Everyone should get Goat Simulator... lol

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Yeah I pre ordered it and got it early.

Super Hexagon steam gift link: https://www.humblebu...eFx8fMVtaV3F84Y
To prevent it from being picked by bots I've deleted the last character from the code, the actual key is: eFx8fMVtaV3F84Yh

It's from the ongoing The Humble Weekly Sale hosted by Destructoid.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

You can pick up a Rune Steam key and 5 other games for $2.99 over at Reboot Bundle.

http://www.bundlesta...reboot-bundle-3

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

GOG has Blood and a bunch of other games on sale this weekend (Atari and Kalypso games)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet.

GOG is having a Battle of the Games sale which basically means there'll be several games with big sales over the next few days, and you can vote in advance for which games get the biggest sales.

At the moment the Unreal series is 75% off, with some Red Faction games and other stuff on sale too. Check it out, more to come.

User is offline   Malgon 

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but do they say how many days the promo is meant to run for? It seems there's only a timer showing how long the current titles are available with the discounted prices.

• Honored Donor

Nope, I can't see it anywhere either, which is a bummer. I'm still holding out for a sale on SiN.

User is offline   Paul B 

Micky C, on 15 April 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet.

GOG is having a Battle of the Games sale which basically means there'll be several games with big sales over the next few days, and you can vote in advance for which games get the biggest sales.

At the moment the Unreal series is 75% off, with some Red Faction games and other stuff on sale too. Check it out, more to come.

Micky is there a game you'd like? I still owe you a game.. Is it Sin Emergence you want? hell its only 10 bucks. Let me know the exact title and i'll gift it to you. Is this what you are waiting for?: http://store.steampo...d.com/app/1300/

This post has been edited by Paul B: 15 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

• Honored Donor

I've got SiN Emergence already. SiN on GOG.com is what I'd like but don't worry about it since I don't have the time to play it anyway. By the time I do have time to play it, it'll most likely have been on a sale and I'd have gotten it for peanuts.

User is offline   Paul B 

Micky C, on 15 April 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

I've got SiN Emergence already. SiN on GOG.com is what I'd like but don't worry about it since I don't have the time to play it anyway. By the time I do have time to play it, it'll most likely have been on a sale and I'd have gotten it for peanuts.

Geez, I don't know what's with Micky C, nice guy but can't do anything for him. What's this world coming to?

This post has been edited by Paul B: 15 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

If anyone is interested, I have a GOG gift code for a free copy of either Tex Murphy 1+2, Under A Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, or Tex Murphy: Overseer. First to post here will get the code. :)

• Honored Donor

So the voting has finished and now all the games are on sale in a big finale lasting the next 47 hours.

http://www.gog.com/gamerumble

User is offline   MetHy 

How are the two first Unreal games? They're 2$50 each. I think I played the first one long ago but I hardly remember anything. If you want a comparaison point I love quake2 but don't like quake1.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Both are very very good. Unreal Tournament stands up well for being from the late 90's. UT1 changed the face of MP when it first came out, I'd call it a must play.

User is offline   MetHy 

Hmm I mean Unreal 1 and Unreal 2, not UT; I played tons of UT at the time (both on PC and on Dreamcast with friends, the DC version has some exclusive maps which were really good and actually the layout of my DM map Canyon Bunker for Duke is inspired by one of them)

This post has been edited by MetHy: 19 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   Loke 

Unreal 1 is excellent but be prepared to spend a lot of time with it because the levels are gigantic and they're very easy to get lost in. For a newcomer I'd say it could take up to 20+ hours to finish it depending on what difficulty you're playing on and how good your memory is.

Unreal 2 is... eh. If you ask me you should skip it as it's generally regarded to be the worst game in the series (basically the DNF version of Unreal). But for $2.50... I dunno, take a gander? The game is absolutely gorgeous to look at (especially for its time) and some of the weapons are cool. However, it's also incredibly short.

User is offline   LkMax 

Loke, on 19 April 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

(basically the DNF version of Unreal)

nononono
It was still a good game, just not as good, fast-paced nor atmospheric as the first one. I can't say the same for DNF, it was a total wreck. :)

• Honored Donor

Myst is on sale on GOG, would people recommend it?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I would not.

• Honored Donor

It's got a really good rating, and I'm a fan of the Monkey Island adventure/puzzle games. Do you have any reasons to back up that recommendation?

User is online   Lunick 

Mickey C, on 29 April 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

It's got a really good rating, and I'm a fan of the Monkey Island adventure/puzzle games. Do you have any reasons to back up that recommendation?

It gave me a Myst Ache

• Ancient Blood God

It's slow and nonsensical for the most part, it just sold well because it was one of the best advertised and "first" of its kind.

I'd rather go play something good like The 7th Guest, Dracula or whatever.

• Honored Donor

Alright I'll give it a miss. Glad I asked here first...

• Ancient Blood God

Don't take my word for it, my opinions are always very black and white. Though I love some games like that, my favourite is probably BioSys.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options