Duke4.net Forums: The Sale & Free Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Sale & Free Thread  "Post here when there's a sale for games that people here want to b"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah the average is slightly below $7 at the moment, but with the $20 minimum to get Bioshock Infinite, it's going to increase pretty damn fast.

Does anyone know if the games include all the DLC?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

On twitter, they announced there is no DLC included

User is offline   Gambini 

Bought the basic pack for one dollar. I hope my dollar helps several african kids for having a led tv. I only got Bioshock (which i had), The Darkness II (which looks really cool, characters reminded me of Bioshock Infinite) and XCOM Bureau (which looks like a mix of Mafia II and Crysis 2). Good deal.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostGambini, on 09 July 2014 - 04:07 AM, said:

Bought the basic pack for one dollar. I hope my dollar helps several african kids for having a led tv. I only got Bioshock (which i had), The Darkness II (which looks really cool, characters reminded me of Bioshock Infinite) and XCOM Bureau (which looks like a mix of Mafia II and Crysis 2). Good deal.

The Darkness II is a fun, almost arcade-like FPS (no its not on rails) with really solid shooting and a pretty cool story. The story isn't as good as the original game's, but it is still pretty fun.
The Bureau starts off really fun and to me, a more enjoyable game than Mass Effect is (which it most compares to). I really dug the 1960's setting and the squad combat, however, the levels get really boring halfway through the game.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Square-Enix is having a Humble Bundle sale. Pick up Thief Gold, Hitman 1 + 2, Anachronox and Daikatana for a $1.

User is offline   MetHy 

1/5th of a $ for Daikatana?

Square-Enix trying to rip us off again.

Hahahaha methy :P

User is offline   Gambini 

I got the basic pack for one dollar, always do that. I hope my 0.56 cents help to buy bic macs for afrikan kids. The only games I could of been barely interested are Theft Gold and Daikatana. Heard people talking so much about that last one over the years. I want to know what it was about. I know the mini ninjas game will give my kids some fun. Any game that keeps them away from sandbox games helps.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I bought the full pack.

User is offline   Hool 

You can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for FREE by going to "Redeem Product Code" on Origin and pasting in:

I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

No thanks.

These Apogee games are on sale right now on GOG.com for 75% off as part of GOG's celebration of Linux support.

Git 'em!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 24 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Stargunner is free...

This post has been edited by Lunick: 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   NY00123 

Another little typo: It looks like Hocus Pocus isn't in the sale right now.

But yeah, obviously there's a tarball for Linux users bundled with the game and a copy of DOSBox to make it work, at the least.

Generally it's nice to have these, even just as an addition option!

User is offline   Soap DX 

Cool free sims, time to make a pool and remove the ladder ! :P

This post has been edited by Soap DX: 25 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I don't think I ever played the Sims. I don't usually turn down free games, at least for a bit. I mean, it stands as an option if I want to play it.

The problem is that you have to run it through that Origin crap.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Ken Silvermans "other" engine, Voxlap!! 6 degrees of freedom!! Give voxels some love and buy Ace of Spades. 80 % off for the weekend.

OK free ad over. I have had my eye on voxlap, with voxelstien, being something I keep peeking into. Ace of spades is a minecraft meets fps style game, I played it online in beta a while back, it's cool if you're into that sort of angry kiwi style game :P I'm gonna play for free right now, might just buy it for a couple bucks if I have fun. Download done... /rant

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The wikipedia article seems to imply that the actual commercial version of the game does not use voxlap.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Yeah I noticed while playing. It's some type of OpenGL based engine.

Quick review, I had a fun few hours last night, but... meh, it's a little off my game style, pick from 4 classes of players, commando, or sniper if you like to shot people, Miner or engineer if you're into strategy and defense. The sniper's laser shows when they activate the scope, I thought that was cool, it gave away their locations and evened the major advantage they would have. Team deathmatch was fun enough I almost bought it, at least it had players :/

• I have the power!

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 25 July 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

The problem is that you have to run it through that SteamOrigin crap.

I remember when people said that about Steam. I'm sure people said that about watching shows on Netflix and Amazon and Hulu.

I'm not about to defend Origin as software, but I don't think the medium by which something is delivered should taint the view of the product. I don't play a lot of games on Origin because there aren't a lot of games on there that I want to play. I can't get into Battlefield 3 not because of Origin but because of the web interface they force upon you (entirely separate from Origin).

User is offline   Hool 

View PostDrek, on 27 July 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Yeah I noticed while playing. It's some type of OpenGL based engine.

Quick review, I had a fun few hours last night, but... meh, it's a little off my game style, pick from 4 classes of players, commando, or sniper if you like to shot people, Miner or engineer if you're into strategy and defense. The sniper's laser shows when they activate the scope, I thought that was cool, it gave away their locations and evened the major advantage they would have. Team deathmatch was fun enough I almost bought it, at least it had players :/

The "Classic" Ace of Spades using Voxlap is still being supported by a small group of dedicated fans. They changed the name to Build And Shoot and you can play it at http://buildandshoot.com/play. I prefer it over the new version because it runs a lot better, there are no classes so it's more "fair" and there are more custom maps available.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Binary Domain is 75% off on Steam. If you have a controller, I would recommend picking it up asap. Binary Domain has a big of a slow start, with lots of cutscenes and scripted events, but once it gets going it's pretty relentless. The feedback on landing a headshot or taking out an enemies legs and watching them crawl towards you never stops being gratifying. Even the goofy characters grew on me. It's super schlockly but it's probably just behind Vanquish as my favorite 3rd person, cover shooter of the last few years.

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 27 July 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

I remember when people said that about Steam. I'm sure people said that about watching shows on Netflix and Amazon and Hulu.

I'm not about to defend Origin as software, but I don't think the medium by which something is delivered should taint the view of the product. I don't play a lot of games on Origin because there aren't a lot of games on there that I want to play. I can't get into Battlefield 3 not because of Origin but because of the web interface they force upon you (entirely separate from Origin).

There is no reason for Origin to even exist, it was only made so that EA could try to squeeze more money out of the end user. Which in my opinion they failed.
They would get more money from the sales of games on Steam as that is the client of choice.

• I have the power!

You're not wrong. But Steam was created for the same reason: to lock players in even if all they wanted to do was play some Counter-Strike of TF. Now all Valve does is sell games on Steam. They don't even make games anymore.

We are diverging from the main topic of this thread though. Carry on with sale announcements.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 29 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

You're not wrong. But Steam was created for the same reason: to lock players in even if all they wanted to do was play some Counter-Strike of TF. Now all Valve does is sell games on Steam. They don't even make games anymore.

We are diverging from the main topic of this thread though. Carry on with sale announcements.

Also, monopoly.
I'd rather not have 99% of the digital distribution on the hands of one corporation.

But I'd rather have them in the hands of someone that I know can be trusted more than a Jew sucking company who doesn't care about the end user.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 29 July 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

There is no reason for Origin to even exist, it was only made so that EA could try to squeeze more money out of the end user. Which in my opinion they failed.
They would get more money from the sales of games on Steam as that is the client of choice.

EA can't trust another company, because even the slighties ethical standard may be an impediment for their business strategy.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Real Slim Flibble, on 29 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

They don't even make games anymore.

Team Fortress 2 is still updated
Dora 2 is still being updated / In development
The Source engine itself still receives updates for most Valve games
Source 2 and a Left 4 Dead 3 is in development

:(

View PostLunick, on 30 July 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

Team Fortress 2 is still updated
Dora 2 is still being updated / In development
The Source engine itself still receives updates for most Valve games
Source 2 and a Left 4 Dead 3 is in development

:(

Thanks, I was going to say this as well.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options