Duke4.net Forums: Mass Effect 3 is the greatest game ever made. - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect 3 is the greatest game ever made.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostDaedolon, on 17 March 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

If they apply just the combat and character models from ME3 to the rest, I guess I might consider re-buying all of them.

Texture pop-in from the first game must be fixed as well. Even ME3 does get occasional texture pop-in, it's not all the time like the first game. Framerate issues shouldn't be a problem with the first game, especially with the newer consoles. On past consoles, you couldn't cap the FPS without editing the config files (PC only).

I was going to note that it would be nice to have the whole codex/planetary entries in some readable form. I know there's that Datapad app, but that is only for iOS, not Android (which I have), and they pulled it some time ago. It doesn't contain everything. Just the ME3 codex (not previous games), and a few other things.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 17 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I never had pop in. SSD master race.

User is offline   Jeff 

I have an SSD as well, but I still get it. Perhaps it has something to do with another part of my system. Might be that my PCIe bus is slower than yours. Still running PCIe 2.0 (Sandy Bridge), while the newer PCs have PCIe 3.0 (Sandy Bridge-Extreme, Ivy Bridge, Haswell), which is faster with more bandwidth. No matter, it'll be gone with my next upgrade.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 09 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

I also use a Sandy Bridge CPU, but nothing takes advantage of PCI-E 3.0 yet. Maybe it's due to the fact that I run it overclocked.

User is offline   Jeff 

but nothing takes advantage of PCI-E 3.0 yet

A bit off topic, but...

FSX has been shown to have a 30% increase in performance between PCIe 2.0 and 3.0. One of Microsoft's lead programmers on the project stated that the PCIe bus speed/bandwidth was one of the major bottlenecks for its performance, and not the CPU as everyone claims.

Anyways,

Perhaps I'll make a video to demonstrate the texture pop I'm seeing with Mass Effect.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 09 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

That texture pop in is normal, it's a one time event. If you're getting it multiple times in a map with an SSD something is up.

As far as the whole FSX thing goes, I couldn't find any information on that. In a tri-SLI setup, maybe. But no single card setup can swamp a PCI-E 2.0 bus.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 10 April 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

As far as the whole FSX thing goes, I couldn't find any information on that. In a tri-SLI setup, maybe. But no single card setup can swamp a PCI-E 2.0 bus.

Not sure if it takes up the full bandwidth, but the extra bus speed is known to help as seen here (with the heaviest load on the bus in the middle to end).

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jeff: 10 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

On a single card? Huh. No shit. There must be VERY few scenarios to cause that to happen. I wonder if my 770 can saturate that bus.

User is offline   Malgon 

Some interesting stats have been released about face customisation and also the most popular names that players chose for their Shepard character in ME3. I went with the standard Male Shepard for face customisation, and with the name William instead of the default of John. What options did you guys pick for your Shepard?

User is offline   Jeff 

Kind of cycled through the presets and tweaked it slightly. First time around, I tweaked too much and the face came out really ugly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Less is more.

Screw face customization. This is my narrative. These are my morals. This is me. I want to look like Mark fucking Vanderloo. Not Marcus Mongoloid. I RP the shit out of Mass Effect. Anything less is a fucking waste of time and life. Go play Chrono Trigger you worthless faggot. Enjoy your turn based combat and lack of RL sex.

Posted Image

I just want BioWare to tell us when the next game takes place. If I get that information I can walk away for six months and not care too much.

I played through ME2 again recently and did a few things different. God damn Tali is fucking horrible, that's the absolute last thing I'd ever want to stick my shaft into, in the virtual world or in real life. I'm convinced BioWare put her in the game to make beta males drop spaghetti on BSN's floor. As a squad member she is pretty interesting though.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 17 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I told you she is a good squad member. She's that ugly chick that hangs out with your clique and you wonder why any of you hang out with her and then every once in a while she does something really great and you remember for about ten minutes.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 17 May 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

I just want BioWare to tell us when the next game takes place. If I get that information I can walk away for six months and not care too much.

They've been kind of tight-lipped about that. So many rumors though. Mostly fans making up stuff about what it will be about. All of those rumors have been shot down though. Such as the First Contact War; something about "time travel" where you would go back to previous events in ME1-ME3 and change history. In addition to others which revolved around the game picking up after ME3 and playing out depending on your decisions from the game.

The majority of the rumors though hinted at a sequel, even though Bioware said tons of times any future games will take place before or during ME3, not after (thus not a sequel).

I'm personally playing other games until they tell us something. Take my mind off of it for a while. Might replay the trilogy when they release the remastered version of it.

I'm guessing Mass Effect 3 will be a while later, like Star Trek The Next Generation. Also pumped for Dragon Age Inquisition this year, love Bioware.

As for the topic title, Mass Effect 2 is my fav of the series. Builds up to that badass final.mission really well.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 18 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

In the meantime, we can look forward to news about 3DRealms' latest game, Jackā„¢.

Most degenerate tats ever. Ready the ovens!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options