Duke4.net Forums: If There Was A Special Edition Of Dnf... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If There Was A Special Edition Of Dnf...

User is offline   Gibaholic 

... what would you want in it? I'd want a dnf poster, dnf mousepad, documentary and kill a ton collection. What do you guys think?

User is offline   Spooger 

Good ideas :)

Personally, I'd enjoy a "developers' commentary" sort of like Monolith did for the special edition of F.E.A.R. It'd be pretty neat to play the game, and then watch the 3DR guys play through select parts and discuss them. We'd probably get to hear a lot about the original 2001 version of the game, too, which would be cool.

As for toys and the like, well, a Duke figure would rock. Like, a pewter figurine (I believe they did something similar to that for Doom3's release). A mousepad is a good idea, too, but I probably wouldn't use it for fear of spilling soda on it or something. A mini-comic, mini-soundtrack, or even a mini-artbook would also be pretty neat; something filled with conceptual sketches from 2001 to the current iteration would be quite the bonus.

Well, those are some ideas. I hope 3DR picks a few of them B)

User is offline   Iggy 

Spooger, on Feb 13 2006, 02:59 AM, said:

As for toys and the like, well, a Duke figure would rock. Like, a pewter figurine (I believe they did something similar to that for Doom3's release).

Correct, it was a miniature Pinky Demon.

P.S. = Nice avatar. :)

User is offline   Halcyon 

A documentary with pics/movies from the older builds, interviews and such stuff. A Duke Nukem T-Shirt, a Poster and maybe a Octabrain Action figure would be cool. ^^

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

- DNF T-shirt
- DNF Poster
- Develloper interview

And the game..!

User is offline   Lead 

I'd like a documentary called "What the hell happened?" and have them go over with video of older builds (if they still are archived) explaining what exactly when wrong and showing versions of the game from those time periods.

I could probably care less about any kind of documentary thing for any other game, but with something like this that was in development for like 10 years had all the technical and staffing problems it did, it would be worth watching.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

It would've been awesome if they happened to have previous versions of the game saved on discs somewhere and saved them to burn into special editions of DNF, but they've already said there won't be a LameDuke equivalent of DNF. :)

User is offline   Lead 

Thats weird. I'd figured they'd have old builds archived. Even if they just showed screenshots from it.

But the weird thing about Lame Duke was it had really good ideas that they should have kept. Like the hand not being bolted to the camera, it kind of trailed behind the movement of your view. The barcode on dukes hand was cool too, as was the laser on the pistol that shined a red dot on everything. Though that one was kind of useless since the game has a crosshair.

User is offline   s0d28 

a level from duke 98' and 2001 would be cool, but Ive heard that legal resons are the issue they wont release anything like that

Seems like a lot of people are interested in the 2001 version of DNF :) A cool feature would be a video showcasing side-by-side comparisons of the 2001 version, and the new DNF; they can point out things they kept, and things they axed. That, at least, might be doable for 3DR.

User is offline   Micki! 

Spooger, on Feb 18 2006, 09:15 AM, said:

Seems like a lot of people are interested in the 2001 version of DNF B) A cool feature would be a video showcasing side-by-side comparisons of the 2001 version, and the new DNF; they can point out things they kept, and things they axed. That, at least, might be doable for 3DR.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That depends if theold levels still exist in the curent version...
You can't compare anything that ain't there... B)

P.S. Welcome to our Forums s0d28, enjoy your stay... :)

You're right Micki, it's hard to say if they've kept anything or not (especially since we haven't seen anything yet). Still, my guess would be that each time 3DR's restarted, they've probably taken their good ideas with them, and left the bad ideas in the dust. If that's the case, there may be some locations or events in the final version of DNF that might be eerily similar to past instances of the game.

User is offline   s0d28 

Micki!, on Feb 18 2006, 03:44 AM, said:

P.S. Welcome to our Forums s0d28, enjoy your stay... :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh thanks B)

User is offline   Micki! 

Spooger, on Feb 18 2006, 04:05 PM, said:

You're right Micki, it's hard to say if they've kept anything or not (especially since we haven't seen anything yet). Still, my guess would be that each time 3DR's restarted, they've probably taken their good ideas with them, and left the bad ideas in the dust. If that's the case, there may be some locations or events in the final version of DNF that might be eerily similar to past instances of the game.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sure hope they kept the Las Vegas theme (and i believe they have)
Because then it's likely that they have created whole parts of the city, just like the beginning of the 2001 E3 Trailer...
We might get a comparison from that... Hopefully... B)

In any case, it would suck if they didn't keep the LA theme in DNF though... Not becasue the game would be bad or anything, but then we would have to change the whole interface of Duke4.net which is using a LA style interface... :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options