Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC and polymer - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC and polymer

User is offline   Jim 

Hello, I am playing the AMC TC and using the Polymost renderer. I noticed that there are HOMs in the TROR areas. I know that the Polymer renderer supports TROR, however, in the menu it said the Polymer is not compatible. Can I use the Polymer renderer with the AMC TC? The classic renderer is not an option for me because I want texture filter. Also, if I want to turn off the polymer lights, which command do I use? Thanks!

User is offline   Foxley 

View PostJim, on 02 October 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Hello, I am playing the AMC TC and using the Polymost renderer. I noticed that there are HOMs in the TROR areas. I know that the Polymer renderer supports TROR, however, in the menu it said the Polymer is not compatible. Can I use the Polymer renderer with the AMC TC? The classic renderer is not an option for me because I want texture filter. Also, if I want to turn off the polymer lights, which command do I use? Thanks!

I'm unsure about the command for turning polymer lights off, but from experience i can tell you that you should stick with polymost, surely you can ignore those rare occurances of HOM (i've noticed only 2 in the entire AMC episode, mostly unnoticable).
Polymer still needs some work, mostly because it's introducing dynamic lighting and TROR to a fairly aged game engine, Polymost on the other hand is just retelling what you'd see in '96 with a small addition of not glitching the f**k out when TROR enters the memory. (i'm not a programmer, i'm just saying what i know, please don't kill me)

Seeing that dynamic lighting doesn't mean much to you (either because of performance or personal choice) you should definitely stick to Polymost in my opinion.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Even with dynamic lights disabled, many of the AMC TC maps still run too slow due to their large size and high level of detail. The other issue is that multiple skies and certain effects aren't yet compatible with polymer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options