Duke4.net Forums: How Many Levels Do You Hope To See In D.... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Many Levels Do You Hope To See In D....

User is offline   azki 

DNF

I no just like me DNF is going to be a mark in gaming history but we have been waiting for so long for it, and in a Voice interveiw about prey a guy from 3dr said that Duke has finished, WTF i hope that info is wrong, so anyway how many levels do you guys hope to see in D/\/F like people want the Vegas and Desert Levels and the Dam levels and even Spaceship missions i hope for all of those aswel but for all those where looking at 35-45 levels and that is going to take a while, i think the thing i want the most in DNF is to be able to have so much interactivity that we all drool at the sight of it, but for the next month or 2 i REALLY want a demo of it , even if it was soooo short like a 5minute level i would play it 10000 times before the full version is released, do you guys want a Demo, and how many levels doy ou want to see ingame and what things do you want like enemys,weapons,interactivity and what not

:)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

If they can make it more fun than the recent shower of shooters has been, I'd like to see it drag on. I like long games if it can be kept interesting with lots of things to do (unlike HL2 which had lots of running and driving :)).We also haven't had enough weapons that make us stand back and think "Holy shit, that's awesome!" recently as everyone's mostly been going down the tactical path. Blech. I think 3DR will deliver in this aspect- they did invent the shrinker, afterall.

About a demo, they said that's not happening. They're going to release the game first and then a demo.

User is offline   Halcyon 

I'm happy as long as the game is longer than Unreal 2 and a little shorter than Doom 3.

User is offline   Lead 

I don't think it needs 50 levels or anything like that. The more levels you make the more the highpoints of the game are spread out and overall can get more dull. I'd rather it have a normal amount of levels just tuned to be fun enough that it has replay value to load up single player and play through it multiple times, and then do Dukematch after that.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Lead, on Feb 8 2006, 03:01 AM, said:

I don't think it needs 50 levels or anything like that. The more levels you make the more the highpoints of the game are spread out and overall can get more dull. I'd rather it have a normal amount of levels just tuned to be fun enough that it has replay value to load up single player and play through it multiple times, and then do Dukematch after that.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds somehow like i would want it... B)
But i honestly don't know what to expect...
3DR said it will feel like a "Duke-game", but does levels play a big part in the Duke-ness.!? :)

We'll see... Any way, i guess we'll like it... B)

User is offline   Nihilanth 

As long as levels provide fun and good replayability it doesn't really matter how many of'em there are. But, looking at many todays games, I feel like: the more is the better.

User is offline   Puritan 

The amount of levels isn't important to me. It's what they holds that
interests me. Long levels with a ton of tasks to solve out!

And,about a release of DNF:

I think it's gonna be released this year on Dukes anniversary.
But they wait untill fall just to asure that they will be the largest
sell-out before christmas... :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Puritan, on Feb 10 2006, 12:16 PM, said:

And,about a release of DNF:

I think it's gonna be released this year on Dukes anniversary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're refering to Duke3D 10 years anniversary, then it's too late... That was in January 29... :)

User is offline   Puritan 

^ I know that.

But his anniversary or birthday lasts for a year :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Puritan, on Feb 11 2006, 04:33 AM, said:

^ I know that.

But his anniversary or birthday lasts for a year :)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, yes, that's true... B)
For us at least... B)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

I want it to be pretty long. I know i'm gonna love the game, so I don't want the experience to end quickly. Doom 3 would be a good length, but I would like it to be even longer. :)

User is offline   X3NOMORPH 

Yeah i want it to be long... or at least have levels where you can keep going back too and everytime you go back to it you see something different

User is offline   Micki! 

X3NOMORPH, on Feb 26 2006, 09:28 PM, said:

Yeah i want it to be long... or at least have levels where you can keep going back too and everytime you go back to it you see something different
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naah, you shouldn't expect that to happen...

George did however confirm that the levels are selectable after you have completed them... Something like DN:MP's and HL2's level system...

User is offline   Halcyon 

I just want to have the feeling that you're in a real, breathing world. I think Half-life 2 did that pretty well.

User is offline   azki 

quite afew points raised must i say
this is wat im want azki lol i am azki LOL
30levels and each level to last neally an hour with say 20 differant objectives
for each level, i must also repeat

I think that we are all expecting to much of DNF so when its released and its not exactly wat we`d thought it was to be then we will all bow our heads in shame but to know that we thought that it was gonna be to good and it may well be just warning ya

so with that in mind all i want is fun fucking fun and loads of things to do!

Agree?

User is offline   Spooger 

azki, on Mar 2 2006, 08:56 PM, said:

quite afew points raised must i say
this is wat im want azki lol i am azki LOL
30levels and each level to last neally an hour with say 20 differant objectives
for each level, i must also repeat
so with that in mind all i want is fun fucking fun and loads of things to do!

Agree?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

30 levels at 1 hour each? lol Azki :) You're gonna be a real sad kid when DNF finally ships.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options