Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms files lawsuit against Gearbox Software - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms files lawsuit against Gearbox Software

User is offline   Kathy 

I was answering to the previous poster. The IP is their own now.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View Postmpuone, on 23 February 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

Gearbox pretty much doesn't care about any IP that's not their own. Their Borderlands games were successes, while Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines suffered majorly...

3DRealms also handed them a steaming pile of shit.

A:CM was basically Sega giving money to a heroin addict, thinking they would change someday.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 23 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

User is offline   Soap DX 

I wouldn't say Gearbox doesn't care about Duke Nukem, you can love something and not do it proper justice.

In the latest Lawsuit. If 3D realms gave the go to Interceptor for Duke Nukem Mass Destruction they (3D realm) is at fault for pulling a stunt like that, and as much sh*t everyone gives Randy Pitchford. 3D realms were not able to come up with a proper sequel for 10 years, and managed to stir shit twice since. Once asking for more royalties, and now for doing something without permission. They're not helping the IP either.

I don't know how much Interceptor is a victim or part of just doing whatever they want....

Honestly time will tell, it's early, but I just wanted to say 3D realms hasn't been the best for the franchise either.

This post has been edited by Soap DX: 23 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options