• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein: New World Order

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostTea Monster, on 08 August 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Wow man, just wow. :P

(jk)

I suggest we make Hitler in the new Wolfenstein as realistic as he was - with shaky hands and constantly farting bumbling frightened twerp.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I'm liking how this looks. The castle bits remind me of RTCW and the shooting looks really satisfying

*Video start*
Okay, this looks cool. graphic style seems nice, no ADS, very RTCW-esque.

> 02:10 Turret section, +It's a gritty shooter with nazis and robots and dogs, and oldschool.. remember oldschool? Yeah, it's okay, we're not gonna have health regen. Only a little bit.
> 06:22 Waiting in a room for the story to progress. EXCITING! (Not really, I got bored of watching it, let alone playing it).
> 09:30 Can you say.........COWADUTYYYYYYYY

Also there are multiple action-cancelling events such as mêlée, scripted non-sense, interaction (opening doors, twisting the sword on the knight's armour) and god knows what as well.

Totally not hyped for this and I'd rather have it this way than to be another disappointment.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

Sigh...This game looks way too scripted. :P

User is offline   Komenja 

Dagnabit. I was pretty excited for this one.

So apparently showing off a couple of scripted sequences in a game trailer and having animations for opening things means your game must be incredibly scripted and shit.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 10 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostBloodshot, on 09 August 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

So apparently showing off a couple of scripted sequences in a game trailer and having animations for opening things means your game must be incredibly scripted and shit.

I don't know about you, but I like my games where I have full control of my actions, not having the game take control away from me.
The problem with scripted games besides taking control away from the player, is that it kills replay value as the same thing happens in certain areas everytime.

Maybe you should watch this.

http://youtu.be/9WHIKcKP_CI?t=3m3s

This post has been edited by ozz: 10 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postozz, on 10 August 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

The most up-voted comment there:

Killing jews: Horrible 0/10
Killing Nazis: "Cool"

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostTea Monster, on 08 August 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Wow man, just wow. :P

(jk)

I haven't liked any release of Wolf 3D besides the very first one which was amazing. It doesn't look like this new one they give you on screen cross hair which I don't see as being a plus and regenerating health should never happen that's lame.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 10 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 10 August 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

The most up-voted comment there:

Killing jews: Horrible 0/10
Killing Nazis: "Cool"

Fucking moron (this guy and those who upvoted him).

This post has been edited by LkMax: 10 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Are you really discussing youtube comments?

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostKathy, on 10 August 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Are you really discussing youtube comments?

When they demonstrate the surprising amount of ugly bigotry and hatred still floating around the planet, yes....yes, we ARE discussing YouTube comments. Deal.

Especially when those comments are made by the Batman himself.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 10 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postozz, on 10 August 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I don't know about you, but I like my games where I have full control of my actions, not having the game take control away from me.
The problem with scripted games besides taking control away from the player, is that it kills replay value as the same thing happens in certain areas everytime.

If the game comes out and every single part of the game turns out to be highly scripted and takes away player control I will agree with you, but I'm still not going to write off a game based on a handful of scripted scenarios they've shown off in gameplay demos.

That's fine if you want to, but I'm just not going to do that unless I see some stuff that looks really terrible.

I never said I was going to write off this game, I'm just a little disappointed with some of the decisions I've seen so far.
That doesn't mean there aren't some good things going on.

We'll just have to wait and see.

This post has been edited by ozz: 11 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

If that's what they're showing in marketing material then it's a fair game to criticize them about that.

User is offline   Komenja 

View Postozz, on 11 August 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

I never said I was going to write off this game, I'm just a little disappointed with some of the decisions I've seen so far.
That doesn't mean there aren't some good things going on.

I'm in the same boat. I don't like some of what is being shown so I'm a bit wary, especially after a few let-downs with games I've been looking forward to recently. I might still buy the game on release, or just wait for the price to go down.

User is offline   LkMax 

Reminds me of Black mixed with Wolfenstein.
This might be alright...

That's cool that climbing the side of the building is an optional entry way.

User is offline   LkMax 

Proper gameplay starts at 9:30.

View PostLkMax, on 20 August 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

[Video]

Proper gameplay starts at 9:30.

There's some pretty cool destructibility in this game.

Watching that video, one thing I noticed struck me as odd, the guns on the left are noticeably bigger yet they are the same gun.
What's up with that?

This post has been edited by ozz: 20 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I think that's just perspective. Why he is holding one of the guns closer to the view I have no idea.

It just looks bad.
The gun on the right looks fine, infact it's smaller then what was show in previous gameplay footage, but thats a good thing.
Id rather not have guns take up a quarter of the screen each.

This post has been edited by ozz: 20 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Pacing is too. damn. slow. Tired of having games where you're stuck ducking behind cover every three seconds. I also really hope they don't pull the same shit with the last game where they give you things you can barely use.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

I played the game at Quakecon - It was pretty cool!
According to Carmack, the engine is IDTech 5.5 - They are doing some great stuff to fix the shortcomings of IDTech 5.
For instance, No complex materials, Detail Maps, Realtime Shadows (Doom3 part) etc.

In Wolf, you see a lot of next-gen stuff. The Cloth is definitely the best I've seen yet, combined with the lighting engine.
Top of the line stuff.

The first level showed off their new detail maps. It's a rainy level, taking place in a ton of rubble where you have to navigate through tunnels, cut fences, and avoid robot guarddogs.
From a Techinical perspective it was very impressive. All the surfaces had a detail map + a watershader. On the cars, you would see the water slide down edges.
Very similar to the first scene in Crysis 3, though way more performance friendly it seems.

Weapons felt good and solid - Gameplay was a bit on the heavy side, but it's a huge step from the previous Wolfenstein game, and Rage.

I was quite impressed, and I'm definitely looking forward to the final product.

I might also be slightly biased, as I see the development team as one of the Top 5 developers in the world atm (Previous StarBreeze).
Their previous game Riddick: Escape From Butcher bay, stands as one of the best FPS/RPG's ever made, to me personally.

This gives me hope, that the new Wolf will be way more open, explorative, and focus on RPG elements as well.

Im very excited for the new Wolf :P

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 22 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

That may very well be but they still have to make it fun. Sitting for three minutes in one tiny area ducking fire isn't fun. If they're going to incorporate RPG elements they need to do a better job of it than its predecessor, as well.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 22 August 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

This gives me hope, that the new Wolf will be way more open, explorative, and focus on RPG elements as well.

I surely hope so, exploration is a key feature in any wolfenstein game, and I liked how Raven made the treasures useful in Wolf 2009.

User is offline   Sangman 

I hope it's not gonna be more open in a literal sense. A good, focussed story please. What I've seen in that video looks really cool... Looking forward to seeing more.

User is offline   LkMax 

Good plot and open levels are not mutually exclusive. ;-)

User is offline   Sangman 

I find that they often are because in open world games a lot of what you do (apart from a "main quest" or whatever) usually has no effect on the plot at all which makes it all pretty pointless.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 23 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

User is offline   100199 

Good gunplay! looks very fun and satisfying.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options