Duke4.net Forums: Why (i Hope) Dnf Isn't Out Yet - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why (i Hope) Dnf Isn't Out Yet

User is offline   aftli 

Slightly off topic..

Anybody have the misfortune of purchasing the PC port (I use the term loosely) of GTA IV? :)

Here's hoping that when DNF is finally released, it won't be anything like this disastrous release from Rockstar.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

In before the lock.

User is offline   aftli 

The lock? That's silly. The post brings up a perfectly valid point.

User is offline   Lead 

Ports are entirely different stories, they are kind of notorious for problems.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

it's being made for pc, anything indicating that there will be a 360 "release" is still unconfirmed (just like a large percentage of everything else HA!), but im thinking they will make it for 360. just a hunch.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Rockstar rushed the game tech but already had the content.

3DR has the tech and isn't willing to put out the content because he's never satisfied. :)

User is offline   Kathy 

"We suck" (q) Scott Miller

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostBetelgeuse, on Dec 15 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

it's being made for pc, anything indicating that there will be a 360 "release" is still unconfirmed (just like a large percentage of everything else HA!), but im thinking they will make it for 360. just a hunch.

Please. There are no AAA FPS games being made with PC as the primary platform anymore - NONE.

DNF for the PC may be a very well done port, but I guarantee you that it is just that - a port of the primary platform, the 360.

This post has been edited by crunchysuperman: 16 December 2008 - 04:31 AM

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

yeah maybe? thanx for the reality check, i would absolutely just LOVE it, if it were made specifically for PC though, as long as both versions are released at the same time i will be happy, none of this...
360 release - pc release 3-6 months after bs.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well even if it's being consolised, it WILL come out for PC first. Probably both the PC and Xbox at the same time. George knows he will be hanged otherwise.

User is offline   Kathy 

Oh, really? Then why he hasn't hanging somewhere already since it's been 12 years in development. Right now, I just want a goddamn game no matter where - PC, PS3, 360.

User is offline   Parkar 

• Honored Donor

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Dec 16 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

Please. There are no AAA FPS games being made with PC as the primary platform anymore - NONE.

DNF for the PC may be a very well done port, but I guarantee you that it is just that - a port of the primary platform, the 360.

I kinda doubt they planed on making it for the 360 in 2002. In other words i kind of doubt it will be a port. A port means you develop it for one system and then modify the code to run on another platfrom.

Having the 360 impact how the game is developed for the PC does not make it a port. Even if the 360 is now their primary target.

Port != consolodised PC version.

Unless your are sugesting they ported their PC version to the 360 and droped the PC code to later port it back to PC.

It may very well be a bad PC version due to gamedesign being targeted at the 360 but not a 360 port.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

I'm suggesting that around 2004-2005 they changed their vision for the game in order to tailor it to the 360, and the PC version will be a port of that.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Forget about the word "port". You mean it will probably have consolitis, right? well yeah, it's going to. George is a huge fan of the 360 and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.

User is offline   delta2kbr 

I just wanna play it on my Wii, that's all.

User is offline   rockmx8 

View Postdelta2kbr, on Dec 20 2008, 07:15 AM, said:

I just wanna play it on my Wii, that's all.

Not Possible, DNF will most likely release on the PC, 360 and PS3. Sorry dude but the Wii is not Tech Capable of it... Maybe they'll port DNF to the next Nintendo System in the near future if it can handle it, so there's still hope. As you know they always have supported all modernly used platform companies even Nintendo, like in the past with Duke Nukem 64 and Duke Nukem Zero Hour on the Nintendo 64.

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 20 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

DNF doesn't seem to be Crysis you know...

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostDavoX, on Dec 21 2008, 07:50 PM, said:

DNF doesn't seem to be Crysis you know...

IF you even remotely are implying that DNF would run on Wii you have to take a reality check. Also, from what've seen, it is looking very good - even from technical standpoint. Also, it might even be playable on modern hardware, and better optimized than Crysis. Not to mention the actual "game" that was missing with Crysis :)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I was just implying that it's not even close to the ultimate game you can make with today's computers. The textures are so lowres that you could compare them to ut2k4.

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 20 2008, 07:11 PM, said:

Not Possible, DNF will most likely release on the PC, 360 and PS3. Sorry dude but the Wii is not Tech Capable of it... Maybe they'll port DNF to the next Nintendo System in the near future if it can handle it, so there's still hope. As you know they always have supported all modernly used platform companies even Nintendo, like in the past with Duke Nukem 64 and Duke Nukem Zero Hour on the Nintendo 64.

That means... I can still play DNF on my DS?

User is offline   Havoc 05 

Apogee is planning Duke games for the DS and PSP I believe so I doubt there will be a DNF for those consoles.

This post has been edited by Havoc 05: 23 December 2008 - 10:16 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I don't see the relevance but well.... :)

And I'm sure he was joking about the psp or ds.

User is offline   Kathy 

Duke Nukem Trilogy, though, will be on DS/PSP.

View PostDavoX, on Dec 23 2008, 10:27 AM, said:

I don't see the relevance but well.... :)

And I'm sure he was joking about the psp or ds.

...and the Wii aswell. Just looking at the XBLA screenshots and you know that this ain't possible on Wii's graphic power. Look CoD:WaW. It looks beautiful on Wii, but it looks marvelous on PC/X360/PS3.

One thing's a fact: Wii is the perfect FPS experience, especially with the Wii Zapper. Too bad it can't handle the graphic power, it's actually sad.

But that's ok. I will wait for the PS2 version.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

rockmx8, why were your youtube accounts closed? :)

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 23 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

rockmx8, why were your youtube accounts closed? :)

His accounts were hacked. And it wouldn't surprise me if someone here was the hacker.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hahaahahaa my G O D

I wouldn't be surprised if by rockman's insanity he would use a password related to duke nukem.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 23 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

User is offline   Havoc 05 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 23 2008, 06:46 PM, said:

His accounts were hacked. And it wouldn't surprise me if someone here was the hacker.

That's kind of a stretch.

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostHavoc 05, on Dec 23 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

That's kind of a stretch.

No it isn't, I REALLY even went to the FBI HQ near my area over this cyber terrorism I experienced by someone as evil as that. The hacker hasn't attacked ever since I warned him about the FBI being called into this... It's a good sign he took my intervention with the FEDS seriously, so whoever he is I'm glad he stopped otherwise he can get caught and arrested. The FBI are not somebody you can run or hide from.

Well I'm glad it's over otherwise I will go full force with them. They even said my case is worthy of investigating, so I wouldn't underestimate them. If it's really over since it seems that way, then I'm glad and have granted mercy to the Hacker.

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 24 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Yatta? Micki!?....anyone?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options