Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem IV Mod finally RELEASED! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem IV Mod finally RELEASED!  "by Duke Nukem IV guy aka LakiSoft"

Duke Nukem IV or Duke Nukem 4 is direct sequel to Duke Nukem 3D atomic editon. It takes place few months after defeating Alien Queen in South Los Angeles. Duke are sent to South L.A. sector to clean up any remaining alien forces, however Duke didn't know that U.S. Marines want to get South L.A. sector under their control. Duke quick becomes primary target of Marines. Later Nukem also find out that Marines are sent by his old nemesis Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris and Duke Nukem start hate each other somewhere between Duke Nukem I and Duke Nukem II, after defeating Proton. That's not all. New alien Race X are also in this mess, killing any older troopers aliens and any human beam. Duke will have to travell to their world in order to make progress. Now forgot about storyline, i made 10 short but hard maps with new enemies. Game can be beaten to about 35 minutes but with really hardcore action. There's also some new things in engine such as ladder, transmision radios where Duke got instructional messages from General Graves or threat messages from Chuck Norris and his residents. Teleports between two worlds, etc... Also Space Suit is returned from Duke Nuke BETA 0.99 bit it's only avaible in Level 8 Alien Princess. I built this game about three weeks. Editors i used are: Mapster32, DukeRes, GroupStudio. However this game is actually a expansion pack because it's not standalone. You will have to extract these files in directory with Eduke32 and Duke3D. grp from Atomic Edition.

Download link: http://www.2shared.c...e_Nukem_IV.html

Now here is some screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FINAL BOSS SCREENS: James Bond and Chuck Norris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes i used Chuck Norris and James Bond as Easter egg, joke and Boss characters in same time. This version 1.0 that means there will be bug fixes in future versions.
You can now try the my DN4 expansion pack/mod/game but plz tell me if you wish what you liked or hated and why. I accept all criticals! :) Thanks.

More about this mod you can find on my Duke Nukem WIki Blog: http://dukenukem.wik...e_Nukem_IV_Game

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm kind of lost for words here.

You have done some work on this mod, new enemies, different cutscene after the boss but... it falls short.... really short.

User is online   zykov eddy 

This mod reminds me of these Doom mock wads for some reason.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

:)

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

What the f-?!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Guys, be more respectful.

User is offline   Oook 

I'm in level 5, the homeworld of the aliens. It's... odd.
I don't know much about the Duke3D modding, but this is fun, although the giant soldiers and the awful new sound effects. The new flying rocket-shooting aliens are cool.
BTW, today is not a good day to release a mod...

Thank you guys for support i know mod is too short but it's my first mod for Duke Nukem. Oook but why today isn't good day to release mod? Plz let me know. :)

User is offline   Oook 

View PostDuke Nukem IV Guy, on 30 April 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Oook but why today isn't good day to release mod? Plz let me know. :)

Don't you know? DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

Now I'm in level 9. It feels a bit like Serious Sam, with absurd quantities of enemies thrown at a time. Fun.
I think the main problem are proportions. There's a level where soldiers come down the chopper and you jump into a floor with closets and soldier corpses, it all looks gargantuan.
And you should check the second level, the sound quality is horrible. For the rest I'm having fun with your mod, thanks for uploading.

View PostOook, on 30 April 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Don't you know? DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

Now I'm in level 9. It feels a bit like Serious Sam, with absurd quantities of enemies thrown at a time. Fun.
I think the main problem are proportions. There's a level where soldiers come down the chopper and you jump into a floor with closets and soldier corpses, it all looks gargantuan.
And you should check the second level, the sound quality is horrible. For the rest I'm having fun with your mod, thanks for uploading.

Yes i did know for DNF Mod, my friend told me that my mod and DNF are released in same day, he thinks that is cool. 8) Anyway i know that Map 2 music sucks i will fix that in future v1.1 version, this is a v1.0 version you are playing. Thank you for the support. :) Good Luck with playing. :)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDuke Nukem IV Guy, on 30 April 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yes i did know for DNF Mod, my friend told me that my mod and DNF are released in same day, he thinks that is cool. 8)

Curious coincidence, right?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDuke Nukem IV Guy, on 30 April 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yes i did know for DNF Mod, my friend told me that my mod and DNF are released in same day, he thinks that is cool.

IMO your friend gave you bad advice. I'm not criticizing your mod, because I haven't played it yet, but considering how few releases there are around here it's kind of stupid to have two coming out on the same day and competing with each other for attention. Personally, I would have waited a few weeks before releasing anything.

View PostCathy, on 30 April 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Curious coincidence, right?

Yeah, when i released this mod i did know for DNF development but i didn't it's released. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Now no-one is going to play the DNF mod.

User is offline   Oook 

I'm stuck in level 8, how do I know which switches must be activated in order to open the door?

Oook, on left side chose switch 2 and 4, on right side chose 2,3,4. For other guys: i am really sorry, i didn't know for DNF until today, really, i did something about it's development in past i forgot quickly. Really sorry, guys plz first play DNF then my mod! :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Judging by the screenshots the maps look unfinished. There's only one example of shading I can see in those shots. You need rooms that have different brightnesses, light sources, shadows, adjacent walls with different shades. Plus everything seems way oversized and has weird texturing or detailing in some places (the luke skywalker sprite is a prime example of this), and in general; walls, floors and ceilings should have different textures, i.e not carpet on the ceiling. I know you may be trying to scale things up to add a sense of epicness, but of those large areas are empty, that effect is completely lost.

My advice would be instead of making 10 (even short) maps, focus on making a single bigger map with good detailing, layout and gameplay. You're never going to improve if you don't push your limits and aim high.

Micky C thx for a tip. :) Yes these maps are short, but they have new monsters , human enemies, more action. There's also rare new weapon based on expander but it's not showed on screenshots. Anyway thx on tip i will try that! :)

User is offline   Kathy 

You see, everything "new" is simply a gimmick without the base level foundation.

Attached File  map_bugfixex.zip (37.97K)
Number of downloads: 216 I released version 1.1 of this mod which have some minor bug fixes. :) Download it from attachment and put all the maps in same directory where old version v1.0 is and again run duke4.bat. :D This patch only fixes some bugs and adds some details in few maps. However main thing is that add more health in MAP10 (boss arena) :D

This post has been edited by Duke Nukem IV Guy: 25 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

7kps? ..... That does something to your brain eventually. No wonder you're so wacko.

EDIT: How did you upload this 10 MB mod with that connection?

This post has been edited by Radar: 25 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Hostility raises its ugly head again to a new member who wants to add something to you (even if it's not that great).

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Looks like I accidentally deleted the post with the bug fix attachment when I was deleting the dozen accidental, duplicate posts. Sorry about that.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

CHUCK
IDIOT

Sorry guys again, it will not repeat, i also can upload even 20 MB files but that take a hour and more but i can with 7kbps. For file attachments, don't worry, i will upload it again later :)

EDIT: Reuploaded in my last post, plz remove this message also!!!

This post has been edited by Duke Nukem IV Guy: 25 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

User is offline   LakiSoft 

Finally decided to update and kinda "remaster" one of my older mods. In this case i am updating my old Duke Nukem IV mod (which is my own unofficial sequel to Duke3D Atomic Edition) Now it has 16 levels instead of 10. :) Not only that, but now it's available in two versions: Duke4 Classic and Duke4 HRP Edition (also powered by Danuken's DukePlus. Once again Thanks Dan, your name is in CREDITS.TXT file)

Story starts just after Duke eliminated Alien Queen, however he is being drafted in some bullshit interdimensional rift where he is supposed to fight more aliens. Later he comes back to our dimension, but not exactly on Earth yet, but in some space station near our orbit. After kicking ass even some more aliens duke finally finds lost launch pad which shall help him return to Earth. In the launch pad he receives transmission message from EDF Commander General Graves himself that he (Duke) shall go to South L.A. sector, to do clean up mission and clean out the last remaining source of alien invasion. However when Duke comes back to Earth he realize aliens aren't only his problem. It is revealed that South L.A. was put under "Restricted Area" measures by soldiers sent by FBI Agents Chuck Norris and James Bond. Soldiers want to kill aliens on their own, but also Duke, because their leader Chuck Norris and Duke are old arch-enemies. Like that chaos wasn't enough, another group of aliens simply codenamed "Race X" yet from another dimension opens interdimensional rift to Earth and also plan to remove anything that moves so they can take over the Earth themselves. All this results in multiple-way war between Duke, FBI Marines, various civilizations both from other dimensions and outer space. On the end Duke will have to face Alien Princess (which want to become new Alien Queen), and two best FBI Agents Chuck Norris and James Bond 007 as final bosses. Can Duke get out alive and save the day his Duke style? Play this mod and find out. ;)

Screenshots for Duke4 Classic Edition:

Attached Image: duke4 2022-11-15 06-04-15-379.jpg

Screenshots for Duke4 HRP Editon:

Attached Image: eduke32 2022-11-15 14-55-50-193-tile.jpg

Download link:

Duke4 Classic: https://files.fm/f/r9rp4v7zg
Duke4 HRP: https://files.fm/f/5nvd9ff5a

Now that i updated and kinda improved all of my older mods, from now on, i will focus on making new ones instead. Happy playing and Good Luck! :D

This post has been edited by LakiSoft: 17 November 2022 - 04:36 AM

User is online   Aleks 

Congrats on the release, it's good to see you're back to modding. I'd personally suggest that you focus more on the quality of the levels rather than on their quantity (haven't played it so I'm just saying from the screenshots, no idea how they play in the end), but of course, you do you :) Looking forward to what you are going to be working on next!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options