Duke4.net Forums: Enthusiasm Thread! - Duke4.net Forums

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Enthusiasm Thread!  "Be Enthusiastic about DNF in here =D"

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Rockman, I wonder if you noticed the private message from Yatta on your inbox.

User is offline   rockmx8 

DavoX, on Dec 24 2008, 08:02 PM, said:

Rockman, I wonder if you noticed the private message from Yatta on your inbox.

Yeah I already replied twice to him, it's cool now dude.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I seriously hope that doesn't mean he will allow you to keep doing all that crap.

DavoX, on Dec 24 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

I seriously hope that doesn't mean he will allow you to keep doing all that crap.

Don't worry check the Rockman Ban Hammer thread it's cool now dude. :)

User is offline   Havoc 05 

Back on topic. I love the new looking Pig cop. Reminds me of the hulk almost with the torn pants and the veins. I imagine blowing that away would be pretty fun.

Everything seems pretty good, except for what I think is the new lizard trooper. Kind of looks like the predator with a rocket launcher for an arm. Someone is going to miss the lizzies face.

Also, how big is duke in comparison. About the size of a lizard trooper? If so then those suckers are massive, I can't imagine the scale of the fight with these dudes.

This post has been edited by Havoc 05: 24 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

Havoc 05, on Dec 25 2008, 01:25 AM, said:

Back on topic. I love the new looking Pig cop. Reminds me of the hulk almost with the torn pants and the veins. I imagine blowing that away would be pretty fun.

Everything seems pretty good, except for what I think is the new lizard trooper. Kind of looks like the predator with a rocket launcher for an arm. Someone is going to miss the lizzies face.

I agree I can't wait to shoot those things especially the Reptilian Soldier, the one in the wallpaper could be the captain one that's why he looks like that. We did see the original Reptilian Soldier in last year teaser, so they could still be in the same way they are.

As I remember, their face kind of looked like a raisin. Maybe you can shoot/kick their helmets off.

Havoc 05, on Dec 25 2008, 01:29 AM, said:

As I remember, their face kind of looked like a raisin. Maybe you can shoot/kick their helmets off.

Yeah that also could be the case and is possible hopefully in DNF. Still I think there will be Reptilian Soldiers of different looks or design in this game not just the one in the wallpaper.

A long time ago George commented on Ragdoll octabrains.

Do you think they'll be puffy? can you deflate their heads with some well placed shots. if so than that absolutely owns.

View PostHavoc 05, on Dec 25 2008, 01:33 AM, said:

A long time ago George commented on Ragdoll octabrains.

Do you think they'll be puffy? can you deflate their heads with some well placed shots. if so than that absolutely owns.

Hhhmm that sounds interesting, let's see what they decide to do for the Octabrains. Hopefully your statement about deflating their heads will be in the game, I sure hope so. That's a really cool feature for them really.

Yeah but still... Come on Guys this is the year for DNF, most likely it will release this year before we see a goldmine of media for it. :) Besides they even said they are very close to releasing more media and the game finally too. DNF is nearly done than ever before and they won't trash the game that's for sure. Regardless of what you people think of it negatively until now, George will make it up to us this year watch and see, I am telling you it's coming finally have some more last time patience please... :)

I'm thankful to the Good Lord they are still working on this game and are aiming to finish it finally this year most certainly.

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 01 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

User is offline   Nihilanth 

This is sort of part two of my post over rant thread. So despite all this, I'm still positive about DNF. Like I mentioned somewhere else, if the game is at least pretty good, I won't even remember how long it took. It's what we'll get that matters not how we got there. We'll see what future holds.

From Rant Thread:

View Postkaisersoze, on Jan 16 2009, 10:22 AM, said:

It was actually a post he made on shacknews quite
awhile back.

Edit: don't know if you meant the server move or the
website revamp(which is what I was referring to.)

As Crunchy said, the server move info is at the top
of the forums.

Awesome this is 100% the year for DNF!! I can't wait until they reveal more media and the game finally this year most definitely as well!! I'm getting ready to Rock with Nukemdave and more for the return of the REAL KING!! I don't know about you guys though, you can keep yapping more negativity about the game as you usually do LOL... :)

This post has been edited by Yatta: 17 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postrockmx8, on Jan 17 2009, 07:53 PM, said:

I don't know about you guys though, you can keep yapping more negativity about the game as you usually do LOL... :)

Wow, you're a douche.

Sorry, had to say the truth sooner or later.
I'm enthusiastic that the incessant bile that keeps coming out of you will stop when DNF comes out.
[/horridmood]

I don't wish to sound like a troll, but seriously... enough is enough.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 19 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

• Auramancer

There seems to be a bug in the Forums that stops me from being able to modify my post, so I will elaborate in a new post...

What I am trying to get at is not so much your enthusiasm(Which is what this thread is for after all), but the fact that when you go on your little enthusiasm sprees, you usually make snarky remarks about the rest of the fanbase, or generally put down or insult the rest of the fans of who don't have an exactly peachy-peachy view on everything, or isn't kissing 3DR's ass every day.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 19 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jan 19 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

Wow, you're a douche.

Sorry, had to say the truth sooner or later.
I'm enthusiastic that the incessant bile that keeps coming out of you will stop when DNF comes out.
[/horridmood]

I don't wish to sound like a troll, but seriously... enough is enough.

You don't have to call me a douche, because I didn't say anything like that when you replied to my previous post. Take your word back, that was uncalled for.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Oooohhh now people have to apologize to you rockman...suuuuuuure!

View PostDavoX, on Jan 20 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

Oooohhh now people have to apologize to you rockman...suuuuuuure!

Well it's Ok I will take it like a Man as usual, I am getting ready to Rock for DNF along with Nukemdave. So you guys can say whatever you like, we've got major work to do in preparation and more. :)

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 20 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

• Auramancer

I stand by what I've said. Be enthusiastic, but please keep yourself in check. I just feel as if you were badmouthing others who have spoken negative about the DNF Development process. Who is more negative? The Negative guy, or the Guy who talks negatively about the negative guy? Just a thought.

I take "yapping more negativity about the game as you usually do LOL..." as an insult to a lot of people. That is all.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 20 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Jan 20 2009, 05:45 PM, said:

I stand by what I've said. Be enthusiastic, but please keep yourself in check. I just feel as if you were badmouthing others who have spoken negative about the DNF Development process. Who is more negative? The Negative guy, or the Guy who talks negatively about the negative guy? Just a thought.

I take "yapping more negativity about the game as you usually do LOL..." as an insult to a lot of people. That is all.

Ok that's understandable and your entitled to your opinion, no problem. I gotta go, I am getting ready for DNF and more... :)

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 20 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

RockMX8, Sometimes I think if I looked in your bedroom cupboard there would be some sort of DNF shrine...

To be honost i dont, but seriously, do you?

View Postzchri9, on Jan 20 2009, 06:00 PM, said:

RockMX8, Sometimes I think if I looked in your bedroom cupboard there would be some sort of DNF shrine...

To be honost i dont, but seriously, do you?

No I'm not like that dude seriously, I just really love the Duke games as a hardcore positive fan that's all really you know period.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I really love the Duke games as well!
I try to be positive about DNF but it is indeed hard sometimes.

Ive woken up everyday in the past 2 weeks thinking and hoping that theres going to be a demo announcement or a bunch of new screenshots, but there isnt...

I hope there is sometime this year.

This post has been edited by zchri9: 20 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

View Postzchri9, on Jan 21 2009, 12:14 AM, said:

I really love the Duke games as well!
I try to be positive about DNF but it is indeed hard sometimes.

Ive woken up everyday in the past 2 weeks thinking and hoping that theres going to be a demo announcement or a bunch of new screenshots, but there isnt...

I hope there is sometime this year.

I know what you mean dude. This definitely is the year, we should see a lot before Summer. Hang on just a little more everyone.

since i m pretty delusional

could you tell what makes you think that this will be the duke's year?

I really want to believe it :)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Luther Blissett,
This is called the Enthusiasm Thread, If you dont have something positive to post dont post it in this thread.

RockMX8,
I also believe this will be Duke's year.
I mean really, all the stuff we got in 2007/2008 and Georges twitter posts about working on the menu and the whole 'cutting is shipping' thing.

Somehow i think the menu isnt a placeholder, we will see Duke in 2009!
This year is going to be huge for Duke, you got the whole Duke Nukem Trilogy (Critical Mass, Proving Grounds, Chain Reaction) and like a 75% chance of DNF!
2009 Here we come!!

User is offline   Kathy 

I think DNF will be out this month.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostLotan, on Jan 21 2009, 11:20 AM, said:

I think DNF will be out this month.

Posted Image

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

hey Lotan, I can top that.
I think DNF will be out TODAY! =D

User is offline   Sharpie 

View Postzchri9, on Jan 21 2009, 03:34 AM, said:

hey Lotan, I can top that.
I think DNF will be out TODAY! =D

To follow in the trend...

I think DNF IS ALREADY OUT!!!!! :)

In all seriousness I am anxious for the day that is the anniversary of Duke Nukem himself.

I know there is absolutely no logic to it but I just get the feeling that the promise of Substantial media (which still hasn't arrived) for DNF has endured the length of a good year and that is far too long IMO. So I really hope that the next important date for 3DR which happens to be Dukes Anniversary will be a perfect time to flood out some major DNF information.

It is really shaping up quite nicely. I haven't had this kind of vibe for this game in a long time. All signs seem to point positively in all aspects to this game for once and I hope 3DR embrace it so we can all finally enjoy anticipating the game instead of worrying about being backstabed again.

Come on Hype Train! You know you want to start chugging along and gain some serious momentum. I can sense (thats right i'm telepathic now) that you want to arrive at the final destination soon.

BTW i'm basing these assumptions on nothing. I hadn't thought positive on this game for a while and it feels good to for once. :)

This post has been edited by Sharpie: 21 January 2009 - 04:57 AM

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options