Duke4.net Forums: What Are You Listening To Now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 106 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Are You Listening To Now?

User is offline   Mark 

The singer and guitarist have dozens of videos with a rotating list of other musicians. It was difficult to pick just one video.
After watching this one I think you'll figure out why I chose it. :)

This post has been edited by Mark: 15 September 2020 - 05:45 PM

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

Whenever someone brings up a female doing hard rock, I always gotta bring up wendy

User is offline   Mark 

Marty Freidman. Amazing amount of emotional playing for being alone on stage. Great buildup through out the song.

https://youtu.be/-oL...t=RD-oLf2cVUyZc

Another one thrown in free for your listening pleasure if your into guitar overload.
https://youtu.be/jh_sDEtrY6Q

This post has been edited by Mark: 16 September 2020 - 09:02 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

Chu Ishikawa - TD

• Balls of Steel Forever

Today is that day

Pixies - Debaser

• Balls of Steel Forever

Amigo The Devil - I Hope Your Husband Dies

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Satan, Satan
Satan, get beside me
Satan, Satan
Satan, fortify me

User is offline   Aleks 

^ Just checked this one out and it's pretty nice, especially the middle part, which reminds me a bit to stuff like Silencer. And while we're at it, just felt like listening to some other depressive black metal :)

• banned!

View PostAleks, on 24 September 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

^ Just checked this one out and it's pretty nice, especially the middle part, which reminds me a bit to stuff like Silencer. And while we're at it, just felt like listening to some other depressive black metal :)

You say all the right words, Aleks.

Nothing beats Creed however.

With arms wide opaahn...

• Balls of Steel Forever

New post mur song

User is offline   Hank 

Spoiler

User is offline   Aleks 

One of the albums that originally drew me to technical death metal and to this day remains one of my favourites. Obscura had pretty great line-up then, too, with Thesseling, Grossmann and Muenzner (plus a guest solo by Ron Jarzombek himself!). All the instruments are quite equally exposed and have their moments where they can shine.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

• banned!

Dem riffs

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

User is offline   Aleks 

I only found out about this brilliant act a year or so ago. Now I'm playing with an idea of how well those highly technical, fusion-heavy prog metal songs, like this or Planet X, play as background music in a Duke level...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I've always loved the music from Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES even though the game is garbage. And now I've just discovered why. The composer was none other than David Wise, composer for the Donkey Kong Country series by Rare (and Tropical Freeze on the Wii U). Someone did a cover of the Elm Street theme in the style of Bramble Blast from DKC2 and the style and sound is virtually indistinguishable from DKC. Fits right in. Man is it a good tune. I love this man.

• banned!

User is offline   Mark 

I'm pretty sure I've heard that Gorecki before. Like back then, when I hear the first half I can picture an old black and white sci-fi movie from the 50's with giant ants or spiders roaming the countryside about to enter a small town. :) Or when The Mummy crashes through a window and walks towards the hero.

This post has been edited by Mark: 01 October 2020 - 10:02 AM

• banned!

View PostMark, on 01 October 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard that Gorecki before. Like back then, when I hear the first half I can picture an old black and white sci-fi movie from the 50's with giant ants or spiders roaming the countryside about to enter a small town. :) Or when The Mummy crashes through a window and walks towards the hero.

Apparently it's about Copernicus' work and the shock wave it sent through Christendom. It is very visual.

Good lord, my playlist has expanded during quarantine!

User is offline   Mark 

I've been a heavy metal guy since I bought my first FM stereo radio in 1970. I still use it in my basement workroom. But in the 80s when CDs started up my uncle was on the cutting edge of that. He was into classical music and not only was I impressed with the CD sound quality but also the energy of the larger symphonic selections. Eventually prices came down low enough and I bought a CD player but my favorite genre of music was the last to get released on disc. So I ended buying a few classical cds and eventually it went up to around 60-70 of them. Over the last 10 years or so I started selling those off since I listen to less of it now. Mostly I tune it in on my cable tv box and let it play softly all night long on some small computer speakers.

Holy Moly... I just re-read my post. I've had that stereo system for 50 years. I'm getting old. ;) But I still have my long hair and crank metal music. :)

This post has been edited by Mark: 01 October 2020 - 05:21 PM

Amos Milburn - One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer

• banned!

Ron B
2 months ago
My anthem for the fake ass covid 19 outbreak

User is offline   Aleks 

• Balls of Steel Forever

Richard Cheese - WAP

Freddie James - Don't Turn Your Back On Love (Long Version)

Hot Chocolate - Every 1's A Winner

I think this fit well with Halloween?

Killer Instinct - Tooth and Claw (Sabrewulf's theme)

• Balls of Steel Forever

Kasta — Went Through

Share this topic:

• 106 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options