Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition and Shadow Warrior Complete listed in Steam Database - Duke4.net Forums

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition and Shadow Warrior Complete listed in Steam Database

User is offline   Lunick 

(Now before I post this, I want to be clear that this is JUST the DOSBox version, not the port) You can get a free copy of the classic Shadow Warrior on Steam just by going to this Facebook link (you probably have to like) https://www.facebook...208195102528120

User is offline   fgsfds 

No Wanton and Twin Dragon, like in GOG version?

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postfgsfds, on 29 May 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

No Wanton and Twin Dragon, like in GOG version?

Nah, just the base Shadow Warrior. Suppose it is a little lazy but it is only a marketing tool so most people probably wouldn't notice. The addons are free anyway ;)

User is offline   Lunick 

Well, apparently their Facebook page was hacked and someone ran off with almost all the test keys so...

http://store.steampo...com/app/238070/ It's now Free to Play on the Steam Store ;)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What the hell?

User is offline   Lunick 

http://twitter.com/_ShadowWarrior

Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) is free on Steam for a limited time only. Follow and retweet, young grasshoppers. store.steampowered.com/app/238070/

Weirdest promotional strategy ever?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Well, I'd certainly take advantage of that if I didn't already have Shadow Warrior from GOG. ;)

User is offline   Nukeaholic 

Yeah, I just read about this and you beat me, heh. It's F2P on my steam store but clicking play game does nothing and there's no install button. EDIT: Forgive my stupidity, restarting steam works of course.

This post has been edited by Nukeaholic: 29 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   termit 

• General Arcade

Enjoy! ;)

User is offline   Lunick 

Well, it seems like Devolver cannot make up their minds because it is apparently F2P forever now:

Shadow Warrior @_ShadowWarrior

Looks like people are loving Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) so we'll just keep it F2P forever. Enjoy, retweet, and follow for more news!

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

;)

User is offline   LkMax 

Well, to those who don't have this game yet, I'd higly recommend it, specially now. ;)
It's worth every penny on GoG though.

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostMicky C, on 29 May 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

Well, it seems like Devolver cannot make up their minds because it is apparently F2P forever now:

Shadow Warrior @_ShadowWarrior

Looks like people are loving Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) so we'll just keep it F2P forever. Enjoy, retweet, and follow for more news!

Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) is free on Steam for a limited time only. Follow and retweet, young grasshoppers.
So I guess this is going to change soon to Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 29 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

"Sorry for the Facebook promo issue earlier - after it was exploited we decided to just make the game free to play for all".
https://twitter.com/...752731780726784

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Take that, pirates! Can't give away keys to a free game!

Nice.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 29 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

https://twitter.com/...552790227529729

"Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is coming to Steam with updated visuals, a remixed soundtrack, & both expansion packs. "

There may or may not be a few half truths in that Twitter status but anyway. I'll pull a Dave Oshry and SOON.

Posted Image
Here is what the updated HUD looks like.

Posted Image
There is also an added FOV option.

Posted Image
Like Megaton, you can force the HRP to work with Redux.

Posted Image
As well as some.... mods... (this screenshot is outdated as the levelstats get placed on the left now)

Posted Image
Menu for Twin Dragon.
The remixed soundtrack is a remixed title tune and the menus in general look pretty awesome. There is also the option of using the censored darts like SWP and in general the port feels smoother than what Megaton did on release.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 25 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

User is offline   Komenja 

Oh, that looks nice.

User is offline   Engel220 

I'm getting it. I loved DN3D Megaton, and I'm gonna enjoy this (especially since, to my shame, I haven't played much past the first level since getting the free DOSBox version!).

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Thanks for the info Lunick. The new hud, fov options and menu's are too good to pass up. I can't wait to get this. Do you have a rough estimate for when it'll launch? I imagine sometime in Fall?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Looks nice!

Sweet. Looks very buyable if they tighten it up. I'm following this and I hope they release more tech. details later. Any clues on which source port is used?
Mouse aiming is a big deal for me, I've tried both popular source ports and it feels kind of off on (boy, this wording) them.

As to release date: offered as a pre-order bonus for SW 2013 or something a month-or-so in adnvance?

It will be priced at $9.99 I suppose.
Source: https://www.facebook...294733453990584

Stay tuned for more info..

This post has been edited by uraganotkirki: 25 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's based on JFSW.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 25 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thanks for the info Lunick. The new hud, fov options and menu's are too good to pass up. I can't wait to get this. Do you have a rough estimate for when it'll launch? I imagine sometime in Fall?

I have no idea what date except for soon. Must be really soon though.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 June 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Looks nice!

Oh you :)

View Posturaganotkirki, on 25 June 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Sweet. Looks very buyable if they tighten it up. I'm following this and I hope they release more tech. details later. Any clues on which source port is used? Mouse aiming is a big deal for me, I've tried both popular source ports and it feels kind of off on (boy, this wording) them. As to release date: offered as a pre-order bonus for SW 2013 or something a month-or-so in adnvance? It will be priced at $9.99 I suppose.Source: https://www.facebook...294733453990584Stay tuned for more info..

I would have to say the mouse feels even better in Shadow Warrior compared to Megaton. I'd also think making it a pre order bonus for SW2013 would be a great idea too but I have no idea if they are doing that.

User is offline   Skulldog 

Release date is tomorrow. :)

User is offline   Tetsuo 

So their solution to the katana idle frame in widescreen is simply to move the arms over to the right? I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for some awesome modding and extending the blade for the increased view instead.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTetsuo, on 25 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

So their solution to the katana idle frame in widescreen is simply to move the arms over to the right? I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for some awesome modding and extending the blade for the increased view instead.

It appears to be of some importance for them to not alter the original SW.GRP in any way, judging by how they treated DUKE3D.GRP with Megaton Edition. I'd say that this is a good thing, really, because it means the GRP can be used as-is in any existing community work.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostTetsuo, on 25 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

The Katana is sadly not the only weapon that suffers from this. The Shotgun has been pushed to the side too due to it not having widescreen friendly art (the stupid strap on the side). I'm sure if some great artist could fix the sprites into widescreen form that they could be added in a patch or something. They could be patched on the fly in the exe?

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Still it's kind of odd to me how it worked out just shifting his arms over I mean just think of how his stance would look with his arms shifted over like that :).... also they still seem to be doing some alterations going by the HUD. How are they doing that without altering the GRP and couldn't that also be applied to the katana? Sorry, I was just looking forward to there being an edition of SW that fixed that even without a HRP applied... but their solution wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 25 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

User is offline   Komenja 

Anyone know if the multiplayer'll work? Or will we have to wait for the same date that the Duke 3D Megaton multiplayer is supposed to come out?

User is offline   Lunick 

There is no Multiplayer on release like Megaton.

Edit: Here is the "remixed soundtrack" https://soundcloud.c.../shadow-warrior It's the new menu theme which I think is pretty groovy :)

This post has been edited by Lunick: 25 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options