Duke4.net Forums: Why Were You Banned From The 3dr Forums? - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why Were You Banned From The 3dr Forums?  "Curious about the "blank line under name" club..."

CS was considered by many to be the biggest/worst troll ever on the 3DR Forums.

I never saw what the big deal was.

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

I personally thought the invasion by IMHO was funny.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostJohn, on Oct 10 2009, 10:05 PM, said:

I personally thought the invasion by IMHO was funny.

Yeah, but you are a subversive bastard to Joe.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Some people find really stupid things funny. That is why Borat and Bruno made money...

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostAgentScotty, on Oct 10 2009, 10:38 AM, said:

At one point, just mentioning "CultureShock" was enough to get a post (or thread) deleted at 3DR.

You should write a book on your 3DR forum memoirs. :o

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Chapter 54: Skatepix

THIS USER IS NOW BANNED.

Monkeystone only lasted a few years, but Hyperspace Delivery Boy was a fun game.

As someone pointed out, it had frogs and flies just like Daikatana did... :o

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Oct 12 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Chapter 54: Skatepix

THIS USER IS NOW BANNED.

I don't think I ever saw Skatepix, but I got the impression I probably didn't want to... :o

User is offline   Kathy 

3DR pulled a stunt to set up someone on forums and then banned him? What's the main idea of setting up on forums? I mean, how they did that?

• I have the power!

What happens is the few members who have insane posts counts and spend their whole day there (names shall not be named) get away with a lot of near trolling or actual trolling. When someone calls them out on it, flaming starts and the person who called them out gets banned for starting a flame war or something. It isn't limited to 3DR or such...but I have seen it/experienced it.

Of course, I only got a temp ban probably because I usually don't get pissed off, but I have been getting more and more frustrated with people over there and eventually it just cracked. The "community" is more of a clique than I prefer to be involved with so I left.

User is offline   Kathy 

Well, you're right. Flooding board with the messages should be allowed only in the Post Thread.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 14 2009, 03:56 PM, said:

What happens is the few members who have insane posts counts and spend their whole day there (names shall not be named) get away with a lot of near trolling or actual trolling. When someone calls them out on it, flaming starts and the person who called them out gets banned for starting a flame war or something. It isn't limited to 3DR or such...but I have seen it/experienced it.

Of course, I only got a temp ban probably because I usually don't get pissed off, but I have been getting more and more frustrated with people over there and eventually it just cracked. The "community" is more of a clique than I prefer to be involved with so I left.

Yeah, there are some major douchebags over 3DR way. I may joke with guys like Lotan for example, but I don't hate the guy. Others, such as a certain anime nerd I won't mention, I can't stand at all. I think the tone of my posts usually reflect this. Whats worse is that there are a lot of sycophants who gobble up everything he says, even though hes fat and uninteresting.

User is offline   Kathy 

Captain, who are you on 3dr forums?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've been banned multiple times. I started out as GodBlitZor, then became Skullhedface, some other names I can't remember, and most recently I was Nimoy. I post as Wolfe on LeafyIsle a little as well.

I generally like the 3DR community, but there are a few douchebags who ruin everything for everyone. Joe also isn't that good of an administrator, he gets entirely too personal on the business side.

Also, Scotty, Skatepix was an atrocity upon mankind, just as a refresher for those who may not remember or those that don't know. Ivan was a prankster on 3DR about the time I came around. He typically hung out with the likes of Yatta, John, Wamplet, and later myself. He trolled quite a few people by sending a link claiming it was pictures of him skating, ala Skatepix. The gallery instead was a guy injecting poop into his penix, then straining it out.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 14 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

I never saw that particular pic, but I've seen ones like that.

I haven't seen Ivanat0r in years.

As for long-time members, some appear to be gone for good. Not banned, but just got fed up and went elsewhere. Some of them went to IMHOSTFU, but eventually that place went downhill, and it only gets a few posts a day now.

• I have the power!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Oct 14 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

I've been banned multiple times. I started out as GodBlitZor, then became Skullhedface, some other names I can't remember, and most recently I was Nimoy. I post as Wolfe on LeafyIsle a little as well.

Ah, the identity is revealed :o

I always liked you ;)

It is impolite to talk about people who can't defend themselves...which is why I don't like where this thread is heading but the little bit of venting is fine, I suppose.

Also, I have never had any problems with Joe. He took his job seriously and I will admit that he took things personally, but when your job is to patrol a forum, sometimes you can't help but get personal sometimes. You also get wierdos who make things personal when they don't have to be. The invasion of 3DR was one thing but chatting online with the forum administrator is not to my taste.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Currently the only really useful part of this board is the modding sub-forum.
With DNF and 3DR down the drain, I don't see this changing.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Oct 14 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

Joe also isn't that good of an administrator, he gets entirely too personal on the business side.

I agree with that, there were times when I thought he could have been more neutral and less judgmental, like the user moderators.
I've always had more of a problem with George Broussard's "I'm just one of you guys" attitude though, at least with Joe it seemed genuine.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 14 2009, 10:03 PM, said:

Ah, the identity is revealed :o

I always liked you ;)

It is impolite to talk about people who can't defend themselves...which is why I don't like where this thread is heading but the little bit of venting is fine, I suppose.

Also, I have never had any problems with Joe. He took his job seriously and I will admit that he took things personally, but when your job is to patrol a forum, sometimes you can't help but get personal sometimes. You also get wierdos who make things personal when they don't have to be. The invasion of 3DR was one thing but chatting online with the forum administrator is not to my taste.

Ah well, I'll say the same. I like most people around, even some of the jerks like Opus were alright at times. The one I mention doesn't know how to defend anyways, so its besides the point, har har.

I dunno, just with Joe he seems more like a moderator, but not so much the administrator.

View PostX-Vector, on Oct 15 2009, 05:05 AM, said:

I agree with that, there were times when I thought he could have been more neutral and less judgmental, like the user moderators.
I've always had more of a problem with George Broussard's "I'm just one of you guys" attitude though, at least with Joe it seemed genuine.

Exactly, a lot of the moderators didn't like me from what I could discern, but most of them weren't harsh on me at all. Joe could be a dick about SIMPLE things.

User is offline   Kathy 

Don't want to make a scene or big deal, but I found this fairly amusing on Leafy Isle.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What a bunch of assholes.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Hey Lotanloov, why were you banned from 3DR anyway?

User is offline   Kathy 

I said I would order DNF and then would pirate it if it became available before order's physical arrival*. Valid reason for a ban, but a mere warning with temporal ban would have sufficed for me.
But I don't understand what's the big deal now since it was 4 years ago and I still as a person write on 3DR forums. Is my nickname that bad? :o

* - I've messed up with the tense probably. Sorry.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 16 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He's just fat and jealous of your hair.

User is offline   Kathy 

You have a point there. :o

This post has been edited by Lotan: 16 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLotan, on Oct 16 2009, 06:02 PM, said:

I said I would order DNF and then would pirate it if it became available before order's physical arrival*. Valid reason for a ban, but a mere warning with temporal ban would have sufficed for me.
But I don't understand what's the big deal now since it was 4 years ago and I still as a person write on 3DR forums. Is my nickname that bad? :o

* - I've messed up with the tense probably. Sorry.

Oh yeah 3DR used to be pretty sensitive about piracy. Poor Lotanloov. ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

Well, you can't blame them for that. I was dumb anyway. And "forgot" I was writing on US forum. In 2005 situation here was different when most of the PC games in the shops were pirated.

It's changed now, but not so much. I can even consider myself to be ahead of the crowd now since I'm legally buying all of the games for consoles/PC and using freeware/bought software(some people even laugh at me because of that). So, in a way that ban was helpful in that regard. But I think it is too harsh to punish me for that after several years when I obviously learned the lesson.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

In Soviet Russia, Software pirates you!

User is offline   Kathy 

Well, I was not going to pirate it without buying. I was going to buy and pirate it if this "version" became available sooner than my ordered game. Steam, though, would have solved the waiting problem for me(assuming the game would have been available for Russia, which is not always the case).

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Oct 14 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

most recently I was Nimoy. I post as Wolfe on LeafyIsle a little as well.

No shit? Well played, never would've guessed. When you had the Bonesnapper nick it was pretty obvious though. :o

CultureShock: What thread on TLI are you talking about? I don't think I've read it - not even sure if it's still around.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 17 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options