Duke4.net Forums: Why Were You Banned From The 3dr Forums? - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why Were You Banned From The 3dr Forums?  "Curious about the "blank line under name" club..."

User is offline   John 

• Residential Hippie

Lotan, on Oct 16 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Don't want to make a scene or big deal, but I found this fairly amusing on Leafy Isle.

Posted Image

That's really odd and hypocritical, because there are *tons* of people who post at TLI, who have been banned from 3DR in the past. Hell, the guy who invited you was banned. :o I don't know what Joe is thinking.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Joe is compensating for losing 3DR by taking ownership of TLI. This I do disagree with since it doesn't exactly have "3D Realms 2" on it.

User is offline   Kathy 

John, on Oct 17 2009, 07:32 PM, said:

That's really odd and hypocritical, because there are *tons* of people who post at TLI, who have been banned from 3DR in the past. Hell, the guy who invited you was banned. :o I don't know what Joe is thinking.

Well, I don't think it is against me as person. It seems he has a policy against banned usernames. I could have registered with ReadOnly.

John, on Oct 17 2009, 10:32 AM, said:

Remember though, originally the Isle was just ran by ADM and me.
When it was first opened... we allowed pretty much anybody in. Members from 3DR, here and banned members from 3DR.

That's how Laffer, Cerb and a few others got in. Invited in when it was first opened. When Joe took over for ADM he told us he didn't want banned members invited. When we asked about those that had already joined, he said it was before he was in charge... so he didn't care.

Personally, I don't care if banned members from 3DRealms are invited. I don't really give a shit who's invited, as long as they don't act like asses... I'm cool with anybody coming in. But, I'm not in charge.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Sangman, on Oct 17 2009, 05:30 AM, said:

No shit? Well played, never would've guessed. When you had the Bonesnapper nick it was pretty obvious though. :o

CultureShock: What thread on TLI are you talking about? I don't think I've read it - not even sure if it's still around.

It was kind of obvious who I was. I made a lot of references to 2005 stuff only oldies would have remembered, such as Postwhores Paradise, Skatepix, Meddling Kids, etc, and that I was a banned member. Not so obvious to those who weren't around then I guess.

I don't exactly see how Bonesnapper is obvious at all.

User is offline   Superczar 

CultureShock, on Oct 16 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

Nobody could be more banned from 3DR than me and I got in. Heck, I even posted about some of the psychological issues behind moderation and comments which became a must read post, bent over backwards to post added value content, and took it in the ass from for no reason from so-called established regulars who got a free pass. Yeah, I know I got banned from there as well but that was down to people being too full of themselves to pay attention or admit they were in the wrong.

You guys are letting this dickhead troll here now? First 3dr, then IMHOSTFU, and now here. You really get around for a troll CS.

This post has been edited by Superczar: 17 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Superczar, on Oct 17 2009, 02:08 PM, said:

You guys are letting this dickhead troll here now? First 3dr, then IMHOSTFU, and now here. You really get around for a troll CS.

I'll post part of what I said to you in my PM today:

Well, the issue of banning people in general has been discussed among the admins and the forum-goers here a few times in the past. A view that Micki and I shared can be read here: http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=25252

Basically, a ban is more likely to motivate members to return under a new account every time they're banned. In my experience, every "major" case of ban at 3DR has resulted in that member returning under a new account. I'm sure this includes a number of people that are currently posting there.

So it was pretty much decided between the Duke4 team that banning people is not effective.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Superczar, on Oct 17 2009, 05:08 PM, said:

Yeah, because coming out of the blue to feed a troll is a magnificent idea.
One million facepalms for you.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Captain Awesome, on Oct 18 2009, 12:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Commander: 17 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

User is offline   Superczar 

Captain Awesome, on Oct 17 2009, 07:02 PM, said:

Yeah, because coming out of the blue to feed a troll is a magnificent idea.

And you're still a jackass no matter what nick or forum you are on.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Nice way to avoid the issue on hand!

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

AgentScotty, on Aug 12 2008, 11:42 PM, said:

In the last few weeks, I've been looking back at some of the threads on the 3DR Forums from the last year or so, and have noticed an appallingly large number of users with the telltale blank line under their usernames, indicating that they have been banned.

I now see several of those users here. :o

Feel free to tell your stories (or to tell me to go [screw] myself ;) )

Oh sure, create a "Let's dump on Siegler" thread. Don't invite me to defend myself, or even ask my WHY these people might have been removed. allowing this. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Edit: I wrote another 5 or 6 hundred words that followed this, but decided you guys won't give a shit to listen to what I have to say, and you know what? I don't care either. A decade plus of being shit on at 3DR forums has left me with the opinion that most of the people who left (or were removed from) 3DR to come over here aren't worth caring about anyway.

There's about half a dozen of you that if I ever met you, I'd probably punch you in the face for all the bs'in trouble you've caused me - because YOU KNEW as the company rep, I couldn't exactly retaliate. So you just continued to poke me, to make a pain out of yourself, because you knew I couldn't do anything about it.

Well, guess what - Fuck it. I don't have to explain myself.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Don't worry Joe, for the half a dozen, there's triple that willing to kiss your ass at every move you make.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 17 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

Ok, I'll probably get PMed a lot for this but:

What the heck? The bottom line is that you pissed off the guy running the forums, even if the reason may be absurd to you, Joe didn't like what was done, or you broke the rules on the forums somehow, and Joe's response to that, was a ban. They were corporate forums so he couldn't be too leniant, otherwise he wouldn't be doing what he was paid to do. Yes, paid... That was his job, and with work, people are serious... He would have allowed a LOT more in other situations, but since this was a company forum, the company couldn't allow themselves to even get close to mentioning anything remotely related to anything illegal, and they would have to uphold their rules. That's one reason why the word "torrent" was blacklisted, because it would make it seem as if 3D Realms agree with pirating. (Even though torrents aren't used for that all the time.)

I know you guys are pissed off, but give the guy a break, would ya?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Thread was removed in accordance with the collective decision of Duke4.net's administrative body. Now it's back but locked for the same reason, but I'm making this post ask you all to please refrain from starting another one.

This is one of the few cases where a thread will be removed or locked. I really hate policing people. :o

BTW, one final note: http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=28599

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options