• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Daily DNF Rant Thread  "Rants about DNF and its development go here."

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postpeoplessi, on Mar 30 2009, 09:32 PM, said:

I watched the gif again, you need some proper music to go with it: I chose - Team America - America, Fuck Yeah! suits it well :rolleyes:

http://cmx8.ytmnd.com/

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostYatta, on Mar 31 2009, 05:45 AM, said:

Please somebody hold me so I can stop RFLMAO'ing :rolleyes:

Regarding to the rock/problem issue, I won't comment. I think the Gif is rather offending, but is not "implying" anybody (even that we all know it's referring to rockman), nor would I be offended that easy if I were the one being "insulted" (sort of speaking). Hell, i would be even amused if somebody took that effort just to make a "comical" portrait of me! ;)

You know, this is the internet and you have to laugh at you sometimes too, as kaiser has stated before.

We should chill out a bit guys EVERYONE, Duke4 is a great community and we should keep it this way.

I don't want the 3DR Forums to be the only source to comment DNF, as they are utter crap to me.

Peace! ;)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

OK...

So, we're preventing a great loss here...
Had he stayed, people on these forums, and people who might have had joined here, would have left instead...
It's amazing we have to take such drastic means like validating posts, and even make 2-3 threads about this very issue with ONE member, just because he does not listen to the rest of the community here... We have had to listen to so many complaints from people now, i have lost count of it, and had this been any other forum, Rock would be banned in no time... We allow more freedom than 3DR's forums does regarding DNF topics and discussions, and even content tollerated here, but if majority community dislikes something one member does (and not ro forget, --KEPT DOING), and when that same member ignores warnings from bans, doesn't change, and even didn't take serious points into account --Like, "stop using the word "God" so recklessly, this is not a religious discussion, and i sure as fucking hell don't want it to become one because you "praise the lord" for the smallest bit of trivial DNF information or such... We had to censor the freaking word into Buddha because we don't want people to abuse and create confusion... Now, it's a harmless word that is poking fun of the situation instead, to prevent reckless use of religious terms and names and unecessary blasphemy over such a pointless thing as a freaking game...

This rant thread has derailed into a trainwreck now, because one person just couldn't stay in the appropriate thread, and had to take things in here seriously...

I'm quite angrly over this situation, seeing as how easy any resonable minded member here, would just LISTEN to the community and the admins, or just LEAVE immediately if they refuse to follow the rules and decisions we make here for the sake of the website and its community...

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostMicki!, on Mar 31 2009, 04:18 AM, said:

This rant thread has derailed into a trainwreck now, because one person just couldn't stay in the appropriate thread, and had to take things in here seriously...

I understand, but several people found that GIF image offensive, which it is. It wouldn't matter which thread it may be in, it's still offensive to some of us. Besides, we're supposed to be ranting against DNF and it's development here, not against the members. Sorry to say it, but I'm leaving here. Maybe temporarily, maybe permanently. I'm not against this website. I think this website is awesome and is the best Duke fan site out there, but these forums are just not suitable anymore. I found a new place to go to for the moment.

However, I'll continue to keep you guys updated if I run across any undiscovered Duke news as always. :rolleyes:

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Fucking hell, Some people overreact so much! ;)
The gif is a fucking joke and it is fucking funny!!!

Now, Rockmx8 get into the enthusiasm thread instead of leaving and NUKEMDAVE just stick around and try not to take jokes to literally. :rolleyes:

Guys why don't you modify rockman posts about DNF tooXD?

I mean he writes Buddha it appears Buddha

do something like... typing DNF will show up as Vaporware

VAPORWARE WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD!!!YEAH!!! ALL HAIL VAPORWARE!!!

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Well, that was an interesting little distraction. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, tomorrow should provide infinite opportunities for ranting. Either we'll get fake news to rub this little 12 year old adventure in our faces, or nothing at all so that we can gripe about that as well.

Either way, the glorious waves of hate and disappointment should return tomorrow. ;)

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Mar 31 2009, 10:52 AM, said:

I understand, but several people found that GIF image offensive, which it is. It wouldn't matter which thread it may be in, it's still offensive to some of us. Besides, we're supposed to be ranting against DNF and it's development here, not against the members. Sorry to say it, but I'm leaving here. Maybe temporarily, maybe permanently. I'm not against this website. I think this website is awesome and is the best Duke fan site out there, but these forums are just not suitable anymore. I found a new place to go to for the moment.

However, I'll continue to keep you guys updated if I run across any undiscovered Duke news as always. :rolleyes:

The GIF may be offensive to some, funny to others, given the situation, and the words it actually says though, it's nothing but the harsh truth... Not saying that it isn't inapporpriate, it is because IF it's directed to someone, which would make it personal, but to be fair, It might as well be the perfect sterotype of an over enthusiastic fan, and not anyone in particular, at most, it's only based on words from Rock... And it's hard to expect otherwise from a group of angry people who he keeps trying to interfere with in thier rants... It's like Slapping an untamed horses buttocks and expecting a lolipop... How on earth would it not seem obvious that he'll get kicked if he kept doing his business like this in here, when people in here and admins keep telling him not to...

We have had plenty of reasons to ban him, and decided not to, i'm surprised he didn't take advantage of this oppurtunity, and tried to act more acceptible to the community here, if he really valued this website, our rules, and the members...

You are right about this thread though, and i have already decided to do something about it, dunno what, maybe a cleanup in this thread, or a deletion and recreation of a new one... Hopefully one where ranters rant, and enthusiastic people won't get bothered or jump into, again...

User is offline   Twig 

I didn't mind the Buddha thing at all. He did overuse the word g0d and I found the changing the word into Buddha quite funny and alot nicer method then just banning. Thing is, whatever he did, it never was a personal attack on someone. Maybe I'm just so naive and don't presume the worst out of someone. But that gif was a personal attack, that's all. Just because the lot of you disliked him, doesn't make him any less a human or any less vulnerable to insults. And that's my only ground in this case, I would deem this gif as abusive in ANY kind of situation, Buddha-loving dukefans(maniacs) or not. My problem is, that the majorities reaction toward this was: I don't like him, so he deserved it. After some propaganda lots of people didn't like jews either and we all know how much "fun" that whole ordeal was.

It's always been my motto: "Don't do to others what you wouldn't want be done upon yourself". Sounds simple enough :rolleyes:

User is offline   Micki! 

He's caused enough of a ruckus here to make him highly dislikable and unreliable to trust among the community here, and on 3DR...

He's caused more damage than he can repair, so to say... The whole deal turned into a rant, and release of frustration against Rock instead of DNF in the end... Appearantly he causes more stress to them than the game, else they'd stay on topic and make funny pics about Duke, and not him...

Now, had he stopped lying, making up stories that he claimed were true, repeating himself, making overly misuse of religious terms and ignored the admins warnings and obvious angry calls from the community here, he'd never end in a situation like this...

This thread is more of a proof, than anything else of what "crossing the line" means...
Maybe the pic should be removed, or at least edited to make it less personal though, it seems to be the main thing which bothers people...

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postzchri9, on Mar 31 2009, 05:28 AM, said:

Fucking hell, Some people overreact so much! ;)
The gif is a fucking joke and it is fucking funny!!!

Now, Rockmx8 get into the enthusiasm thread instead of leaving and NUKEMDAVE just stick around and try not to take jokes to literally. :rolleyes:

The animation and drawing was funny, but the text was not. Rock and I might've been ok with it about a year ago, but we've had enough of that shit lately and it's time to put an end to it! Sorry, but it's just not going to work out here for us.

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Mar 31 2009, 12:43 PM, said:

Rock and I might've been ok with it about a year ago, but we've had enough of that shit lately and it's time to put an end to it! Sorry, but it's just not going to work out here for us.

I'm not trying to poke fun of things, but "having enough of this shit" and "putting an end to it" is exactly what the community and staff here was trying from day 1, so reading this seems rather ironic...

Words, warnings, and even temporary limitation of posts didn't help, we did anything but banning, yet he still pushed people to thier limits, well knowingly what reactions he'd get from them...

What gives ..? I mean seriously, why didn't any of these things make a difference ..?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Because they seem to have mental issues.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Mar 31 2009, 11:04 AM, said:

Well, that was an interesting little distraction. ;)

Thankfully, tomorrow should provide infinite opportunities for ranting. Either we'll get fake news to rub this little 12 year old adventure in our faces, or nothing at all so that we can gripe about that as well.

Either way, the glorious waves of hate and disappointment should return tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Hope for something new to come tomorrow...

Loading disappointment...

Please wait...

And wait...

And wait...

And wait...

;)

Good riddance to the little bum boys. Go cry to eachother then go somewhere else and find no-one likes you there either.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostTwig, on Mar 31 2009, 12:09 PM, said:

After some propaganda lots of people didn't like jews either and we all know how much "fun" that whole ordeal was.

How awfully subtle.

May I remind you again that the only ones here accusing others of zionist practices are Rockman and Nukemdave?
I don't enjoy ad hominem attacks either, but the the fuss they are making over this picture is highly hypocritical, more so considering the low-brow and controversy seeking approach of their favourite game franchise/developer.
I find it hard to accept that Rockman willfully chose to continue antagonising the people visiting here, despite numerous warnings that he was doing harm rather than good.

That said, it is also disappointing that this situation had to blow up as it did and that this is the only really active thread of this forum, but I guess that all comes back to the same reason the DNF forum over at 3DR has been all but useless for a good number of years now.
Can't keep making something out of nothing and after a while, the ranting well of even the biggest naysayer runs dry.

User is offline   Twig 

Subtle is my middle name :rolleyes:

At the end of it, it's probably for the best, because the board here didn't like him. Still, I have read this board for a while (a good alternative to the official boards), but his antics never really bothered me that much, I never felt the need to insult or make him feel uncomfortable here. Just rise above it. I still think it's wrong to insult someone on the basis of not liking that person and I shall stay on that ground.

User is offline   Twig 

"Good riddance to the little bum boys." I guess this board doesn't find that also uncalled for? :rolleyes: I personally think it's more then mean but maybe I'm not just seeing the "joke" in it, eh?

This post has been edited by Twig: 31 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Mar 31 2009, 11:04 AM, said:

[rant]Nothing is MUCH MUCH more preferable than the former option.[/rant].

Remember tomorrow is start of the month containing the 12th anniversary of the announcement of this game.

View PostKristian Joensen, on Mar 31 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

Remember tomorrow is start of the month containing the 12th anniversary of the announcement of this game.

That's honestly so absurdly obnoxious that... just... never mind.

(not you Kristian).

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

"The DNF forum over at 3DR has been all but useless for a good number of years now."

I still like it because you never know when the Broussard Ninja karate-jumps in with a thread like, "Let's see if we can break the record".

It's sorta like camping at the shores of Loch Ness for 10 years, with a camera. Most you get are blurry shots. But someday...!

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostRedSplat, on Mar 31 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

"The DNF forum over at 3DR has been all but useless for a good number of years now."

I still like it because you never know when the Broussard Ninja karate-jumps in with a thread like, "Let's see if we can break the record".

It's sorta like camping at the shores of Loch Ness for 10 years, with a camera. Most you get are blurry shots. But someday...!

Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason I check that forum so much.

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

View PostYatta, on Mar 30 2009, 08:45 PM, said:

Lol, that's awesome. I didn't think that the song peoplessi suggested would work well but it does.
I was going to suggest http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Dv9AG0q4348 but it doesn't matter now.

User is offline   Micki! 

Guess it finally died, was about time...

Thread locked, i will probably have to remove the off-topic talk that appeared in the end of this thread soon though, i personally don't think we should archive a thread that turned unpleasant to some people like that...

New thread is here

User is offline   Lead 

View PostMicki!, on Apr 1 2009, 04:42 PM, said:

Thread locked, i will probably have to remove the off-topic talk that appeared in the end of this thread soon though, i personally don't think we should archive a thread that turned unpleasant to some people like that...

I think happy gay white-washing of topics isn't productive in the long run. Free speech let two people piss off a bunch of other people, and free speech allowed people to express their dislike of it when basically every other possible method of doing so was exhausted and had no positive outcome.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options