Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Galbadia - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Galbadia  "A modern style city map"

User is offline   MetHy 

There was a glitch with the red car in the street, going over it would make it likely to teleport to the SoS area below (the end of the map).

With World Tour's release and its workshop I took this opportunity to fix this glitch (only moved the car a few feet away). Also updated it on Megaton's workshop and changed the download in this thread's OP.

I'd be very thankfull if the map was also updated on MSDN and CGS (IIRC it was Forge who reported that glitch).

Can't believe it's been four years, better late than never I guess.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 13 October 2016 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

iirc, Mikko said that he knew of the problem, but there was nothing that could be done about it. I believe he wrote it off that it would be a rare occurrence since most people wouldn't do what I did anyway.

Guess it never occurred to him to move the car.

I'll see if Puritan is pliable enough to accept the updated file.

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 October 2016 - 06:30 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Puritan was cool about it and updated the file.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm glad this was bumped because I have never played it -- it was released at a time when I didn't stop by very often. I'll be sure to play it this weekend.

User is offline   MetHy 

Thanks!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I finally got around to playing this, and it was awesome! I enjoyed the clean, modern aesthetic and found it to be a relaxing, smooth ride from beginning to end. The layout and gameplay worked together to create a great flow. This is a good example of how to make a relatively open map that doesn't exhibit the flaws normally associated with such maps. The player never feels lost, but there is just enough nonlinear progression to make it immersive. I appreciated all the good choices on gameplay details. Examples: you did not make the pal 6 slime pools damage the player -- thank you! -- a lot of mappers would have done that and then hidden some boots somewhere but it would have been annoying. Also, a very good use of newbeasts: in a large swarm they are dangerous and they don't hurt each other, but singly they are pretty harmless, so having them swarm makes sense. All-in-all, an excellent map.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options