Duke4.net Forums: [REL] Highland - by David B. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[REL] Highland - by David B.

User is online   quakis 

Highland - by David B.
Released: 24th May 2012

David makes a return with something to sink your teeth into. The Highland High School is infested by the vermin and Duke must clean this place out the only way he knows how. David's previous release was Hostel.

Works with 8 bit, Polymost and Polymer renderers.
Both the classic textures and HRP are supported.

Posted Image

Download: Here
Reviews: MSDN | TAW | Scent88

This post has been edited by quakis: 14 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

While the map looks and works great both with and without HRP, it's worth noting the map was designed with the HRP in mind. So if you've been holding out for a good HRP map then this is the map for you. It's short to medium in length, with good attention to detail, it's worth checking out.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Some shots on HRP:

Attached Image: Highland_18.jpg

Attached Image: Highland_32.jpg

User is offline   MetHy 

Good design, interesting progression through the map (you constatly have to look for how to get to the next area, which I liked)

However gameplay was lacking : enemy choice and placement could have been more interesting

Overall enjoyable map

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Pretty cool map. Reminded me of SkyCity 3 and It Lives. The gameplay is ok, and I liked some of the design ideas, especially those little colorful flags under the ceiling. I wish the player could explore the beginning roof area a bit more, though.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Cool map, review here: http://msdn.duke4.net/hothighland.php

User is offline   Diaz 

Isn't that the school from Beavis and Butt-Head? :)

User is offline   David B. 

View PostDiaz, on 30 May 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Isn't that the school from Beavis and Butt-Head? :)

Yeah, at least one guy noticed that... :P

User is offline   underTaker 

Mr McDicker! :P I was just about to play this map! It has also remind me of BnB when i saw the principal's office on the screens :)

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

That was fun. Loved the baseball game... Duke gives new meaning to the Grand-Slam and 'Yurrrrr out!'

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 31 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

User is online   ck3D 

that was a pretty nice map. the design was just perfect, nothing to fault about the texturing nor about the architectural choices, i loved how clean it all looked as well as all the good, polished spritework even for the little objects (that ladder !). it was really short (14 mins for me) but had it been longer, the theme would have become monotoneous and repetitive. i liked the overall atmosphere, the firefights (even though that battlelord respawn was a rather weak choice, it was really easy to defeat too... not a good boss fight)... it felt like a believeable location. it really, really reminded me of skycity III, and the first rooftop was a nice little nod to hollywood holocaust.

The design took me a lot of time, but at least it pays off and I'm really satisfied.
Maybe a smarter way to set up all those ennemies and a better choice of them could have made this map a perfect one.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostDavid B., on 24 June 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

The design took me a lot of time, but at least it pays off and I'm really satisfied.
Maybe a smarter way to set up all those ennemies and a better choice of them could have made this map a perfect one.

David I'm pleased with the quality of work you did on this map, you leave very little room for improvement. Nice work, the effort totally paid off, this is one of my favorite single player user maps.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 30 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostPaul B, on 30 June 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

David I'm pleased with the quality of work you did on this map, you leave very little room for improvement. Nice work, the effort totally paid off, this is one of my favorite single player user maps.

many thanks

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Well done. I enjoyed it. DukePlus gave me a hard time. I've never been a good player but now it seems I'm getting really old.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options