• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Unfinished Content Thread  "post you stuff from the closet!"

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View Postzykov eddy, on 19 February 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

2.Link The Faces of Evil mod
My attempt to make a 2d sidescroller on Duke engine. I used a lot of sprites from Zelda CDi games.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The King can best express my reaction to this...

Posted Image

I'm amazed anyone would choose Faces Of Evil of all the possible 2D scroller games to replicate... I'll be very amused to see how this turns out (it better have the original cutscenes in it). :lol:

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 20 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 20 February 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

I'm amazed anyone would choose Faces Of Evil of all the possible 2D scroller games to replicate... I'll be very amused to see how this turns out (it better have the original cutscenes in it). :lol:

I don't see an issue with it since it is the best/preferable looking sprite of sidescrolling Link.

User is offline   Mark 

About a year ago in this thread I released an unfinished Doom2 based map. I couldn't resist adding to it every now and then throughout last year. Now its just been sitting around unfinished again for a couple of months. Time to release the updated map. Some doors are working. Others are sprite placeholders you can walk through. This time I am removing the map from my drive to avoid the temptation to waste more time on it. It was designed for Dukeplus, hi res and Polymer. Many textures and models will be missing if you run it in regular Eduke. And might be too dark and flat if run without Polymer. Oh, test it out in god mode. I forgot to make the killer skybox "player friendly"

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Just discovered this thread. There's a lot of unfinished content out there; this thread should be filled to the brim. :P

User is offline   coheed82 

Heya guys.. ive noticably been awol for some time now.. there's a reason for that.
My good map i was working on, that "Adelaide" one was lost to me not keeping backups regular enough. *SAD*

But alot's happened since, i haven't been mapping duke 3d for a long time now, so ill be pretty rusty when i start up again. just going through the tutorials etc right now.
i'll soon begin work on a new map. i just bought duke 3d off GOG.com and i've been spending my time making a massive *Skyrim mod. { HERE } >> : http://forums.bethso...n/page__st__150 AND
{HERE } >> : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26398

still some time before im finished with that. but ill slowly work my way back into duke3d, and get to work on a map that will be more realistic than my previous duke efforts.
i look forward to showing you content of this in due course.

thankyou everyone.
cheers.

Clint.

This post has been edited by coheed82: 09 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Found two dm maps I made for Critical Mass TC, but they're in no condition to be made public because of a zillion missing textures that will never be recovered. However, I had zipped a txt with the second map and it's pretty funny with all the broken English (written back in 1999):

Very early beta version of cmdm2 or call it whatever you want.
Yes this is incredible early version of the CM DM map that im
working on. Final version will have more sectors, added weapons,
items, structures in rooms, more shadows, more darkness and
something else nice things like ladders.

This txt is made so you could watch couple things from the map.
Report current bugs. How many more sectors for this map?

Map starts from an area which contains 8 starts. Every start point
contains a teleport which leads to the real battle area. battle
arena is made from two actually bases and four rooms each side.
Have you got anything special you would like to this map? Like
ladders or teleports at the bottom of pit or swimable area?
Do you want more sectors on the other sides of each hallway?

Like i sayd, this is so early and i didn't have time to put any
shadows, structures etc. Tell me all you want me to put on this map
and i'll sure will do it.

In the start of the level you see an area and eight sectors on it.
Those are the starts for each players. Start teleports in same sec-
tors leads to battle arena's each eight rooms. I'll also do add
blocking properties to start places and modify it a little. I just
wanted to hear your current opinion:)

Complete progress. about 60%

Also if you want i could create a whole new map instead of this,
fine ( not actually but i can do it ) but it can take some time.

Take care

Mikko Sandt alias Jackotrades

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Attached Image: gotduke.jpg

Can't seem to find the files atm.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostMark., on 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

About a year ago in this thread I released an unfinished Doom2 based map. I couldn't resist adding to it every now and then throughout last year. Now its just been sitting around unfinished again for a couple of months. Time to release the updated map. Some doors are working. Others are sprite placeholders you can walk through. This time I am removing the map from my drive to avoid the temptation to waste more time on it. If someone else wants to make a completed map out it you have my blessing. It was designed for Dukeplus, hi res and Polymer. Many textures and models will be missing if you run it in regular Eduke. And might be too dark and flat if run without Polymer. Oh, test it out in god mode. I forgot to make the killer skybox "player friendly"

Since there was no official release of the (unfinished) map there are no regular reviews obviously. Any comments good or bad from the people that checked it out?

ADDED: Never mind, there's not really much you can say about something unfinished.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 22 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Though it is unfinished, you can still download and play what i made so far:
My HD Mod:
Posted Image

Download Link

Me and NUKEMDAVE were working on an updated version but I just couldn't get any more time to work on it so here's some screens of the unfinished update:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I might try and revive this if I get the time.

User is offline   ck3D 

i just hit the 500+ sector mark on that map I am more or less randomly working on. still unsure whether or not I will have the time to finish it by the time I have to go back home (I only map when I am away), but here are two screenshots of it (I am keeping the most 'impressive' locations for myself, also please note that the surrounding areas are yet to be designed, hence the dull, empty, squarish backgrounds).

The two other screenshots are of yet another map I started back in 2011, and haven't touched in two years, that has been gathering the dust on my hard drives, I really want to finish it one day but it is fairly ambitious and I just can't find the spare time to, I think I can only deal with quick projects these days (I have thought of merging both maps before of course... but I really don't think they would go well together, I'd rather end up with two quality products even if they get released in a while, rather than an average map I won't be satisfied with)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: screen0504_01.jpg
  • Attached Image: screen0504_02.jpg
  • Attached Image: screen0504_03.jpg
  • Attached Image: screen0504_04.jpg

This post has been edited by ck3D: 05 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

pretty neat. even your unfinished work holds a certain aspect of realism and quality detailing

kinda wondered if you were ever going to do anything with that older map - if it's the same one i got when i received the alpha version of met. mayhem. from the screen shots and from what i remember - i don't think the two would make a good merge

User is offline   CruX 

uh...here ya' go.
Spoiler

EDIT: Forgot to attach the map because I'm retarded.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Emerica: 05 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

User is offline   pmw 

I could post my whole episode here, it starts to be so obsolete, never finishes.. But I'm really pleased to see so much old school maps here, not only that all HRP glittering stuff.

User is offline   ck3D 

View Postpmw, on 08 April 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

I could post my whole episode here, it starts to be so obsolete, never finishes.. But I'm really pleased to see so much old school maps here, not only that all HRP glittering stuff.

hey, just in case it motivates you, I have been looking forward to your episode (you are talking about this one, right ? http://forums.duke4....643#entry144643 )

it looks exactly like the kind of maps I like to play and make. No pressure but if you ever do finish it, I am sure I will enjoy it heaps, the mapping quality seems on point too, I don't know how far ahead you are in the completion, but if it's almost done I think it might probably be worth the extra effort !

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postck3D, on 05 April 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

but I really don't think they would go well together, I'd rather end up with two quality products even if they get released in a while, rather than an average map I won't be satisfied with)

Haven't seen the map in the first 2 screenshots, looks very interesting. Reminds me of Wide Awake in terms of atmosphere building and "more simple" architecture and detailing.

Well, you could always merge both maps, make them completely seperated, but make the player go from one to the other and come up with some effect where at some point snow falls or melts in between the two.
Whether or not that's a better idea than making 2 shorter, but more coherent, maps...

Edit : as for myself, all the maps I started working on (4 of them) are on hold at least until next november.

Edit 2 :

View Postck3D, on 08 April 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

hey, just in case it motivates you, I have been looking forward to your episode (you are talking about this one, right ? http://forums.duke4....643#entry144643 )

it looks exactly like the kind of maps I like to play and make. No pressure but if you ever do finish it, I am sure I will enjoy it heaps, the mapping quality seems on point too, I don't know how far ahead you are in the completion, but if it's almost done I think it might probably be worth the extra effort !

Yeah this looks really interesting, I like the squarish architecture and the simple, classic, texturing. IMO it'd need more and stronger shading though, especially in the outdoor environments.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 08 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

User is offline   ck3D 

I've made up my mind, and won't merge the maps. Forge's feedback inspired me a way to finish the one with the demolished city, and I already knew what to do with the snow level. I just hope I can find the time to throw it all together before I have to leave again.

Funny that you mention Wide Awake, because on this new snow map I am trying to bring back some sprite constructions and overall detailing. Nothing as crazy as what I might have done in the past, mostly thanks to, or because of, the snow textures that make the outdoor sections feel more bland than they could have, but the balance is pretty fair I would say. I am definitely trying to use various elements from all my mapping 'eras' in this one though.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Paradise worlds mod:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DavoX: 14 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Freerunner parkour mod, got a shitload of stuff done for this, but there was no modeller for the project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

It all looks so wonderful ;)

User is offline   Realmism 

It's been a long time since I've done any real map-building, but here is a screenshot from one I was working on a few years back. Then I lost the backup with the custom tree textures I made and moved on to other things. Now that I have rediscovered EDuke32 and started playing around with mapster, I may resurrect this incomplete level some time. Probably need to scale back the castle size as I was a little overly ambitious...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: castle01.jpg

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostDavoX, on 14 May 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Paradise worlds mod:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Davox what the heck did happen to the Paradise mod. There was a period of time i was helping you with models(remember back in the days)
Still i thought this was a great idea for a mod tough ! ;)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Yeah there are very good looking maps for it but unfortunately they will never be completed. The mod with most chances of ever being finished is Freerunner.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

posted for blatant garnering of rep points since this will most likely never amount to anything else so that's all they're worth:
9 more areas were planned in addition to these three and the other five or so areas already made. only enough resources for five, maybe six. abandoned
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Fuckin awesome man, you have a very distinct style.

Duke Nukem: Survive

Attached Image: duke0004.png

Similar to NZRage's Duke Nukem Stranded. Was nothing more than a coding experiment. In effect it's a bunch of timers as nothing more was implemented.

Red bar is health, this can not be refilled.

Green bar is food, hold USE on food that grows (small vegetable like sprite) before it goes brown.

Blue bar is water, press use in water to drink it.

Yellow and brown bars should be obvious, hold the look up/down keys to do what you need to do - might need to be set up in the menu, you must be crouching for the latter... There's an unfinished game mode where your character would be female and you would have to crouch for both or else it would affect hygeine dramatically. Don't act upon these bars near camp, in or near water or around food as they can become contaminated for a few minutes.

White bar, hygeine, refill this by standing in clean water, if the bar runs out you will become ill.

Gray bar, energy, if this runs out you will fall asleep. You can also sleep by pressing use in your box.

Dark green bar (right of screen), if this appears, you are ill and will suffer some consequences. Try to stay clean.

Attached File  Survive.rar (16.02K)
Number of downloads: 213

Edit: Helps if I post the actual mod eh?

This post has been edited by High Treason: 20 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Abandoned "Skycity 4" map. Almost forget this shit.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Fox: 25 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

User is offline   Mark 

View PostMark., on 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

About a year ago in this thread I released an unfinished Doom2 based map. I couldn't resist adding to it every now and then throughout last year. Now its just been sitting around unfinished again for a couple of months. Time to release the updated map. Some doors are working. Others are sprite placeholders you can walk through. This time I am removing the map from my drive to avoid the temptation to waste more time on it. . It was designed for Dukeplus, hi res and Polymer. Many textures and models will be missing if you run it in regular Eduke. And might be too dark and flat if run without Polymer. Oh, test it out in god mode. I forgot to make the killer skybox "player friendly"

Wow. 184 downloads on the updated version and 99 on the first one. I wonder how many more if I had actually finished it.

Fox. Nice little map. It has lots of vertical levels ( floors ) to climb instead of single story buildings.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

View PostFox, on 25 October 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Very nice, it reminds me of the first map of the series. Too bad it's abandoned, looked like it had potential.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostFox, on 25 October 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Looks great to me, and if you fill in just a couple of loose ends, it could make up for a good 5-7 mins map. You should do that.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

User is offline   blizzart 

View Postdarkcaleb, on 15 May 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Hey Davox what the heck did happen to the Paradise mod. There was a period of time i was helping you with models(remember back in the days)
Still i thought this was a great idea for a mod tough ! :P

One of the best looking stuff, I´ve ever seen. It had something like a "STALKER" feeling to it.
One of the maps in Brute Force is inspired by those screenshots. :P

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options