Duke4.net Forums: Tenebris - mod for eduke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tenebris - mod for eduke32  "Here death is a blessing and live a curse"

User is offline   Marcos 

#31

View PostHank, on 12 May 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Click on 'edit' on your first post, and then click on 'Use Full Editor', this opens all form fields including the header for editing. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Thanks!
1

User is offline   Marcos 

#32

Some new screenshots!!

http://imageshack.us...0/73541948.png/
http://imageshack.us...1/34273585.png/
http://imageshack.us...0/47001247.png/
http://imageshack.us...3/12914865.png/
http://imageshack.us...9/12743947.png/
http://imageshack.us...5/20346234.png/
http://imageshack.us...4/69744361.png/
http://imageshack.us...4/98456819.png/
4

User is offline   Hank 

#33

View PostMarcos, on 13 May 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:


This looks very good, yet you may need to adjust the lighting variables a bit, it looks like the source is to high and too directional. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
Either way - all the best!
1

#34

Awesome screenshots! I'm really looking forward to this.
1

User is offline   zykov eddy 

#35

Looks good!

The sixth screenshot looks weird and reminds me of a.Dream series for some reason.
1

User is offline   Marcos 

#36

Here is my new video showing some gameplay testing some weapons, inventory and some other things!!



This post has been edited by Marcos: 13 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

8

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor

#37

Looks very interesting. But why does the torch light look so orange? Don't get me wrong the light looks nice and eerie but I've just never seen torch light that orange. And a technical question: how did you get a spotlight which doesn't have shadows? I didn't know that was implemented yet, I wonder if they can be used in maps.
1

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#38

The light sort of looks like it isn't coming from the torch, the light seems too big for it?

It still looks really awesome though!
1

User is offline   Martin 

#39

I like the new name! I expect full credit for providing the impetus for the name change, plus any and all profit you make from this endeavour :(

Perhaps "Tenebris: So-named Because Martin Pointed Out that Deep Fear was an old SEGA Saturn Game" would be a good name for your project. A mere credit on the end is not enough. I expect my name in lights everywhere. Maybe a neon sign that says "Martin" on every single wall in the game, and the enemies could scream "Martin is fucking awesome!" when you kill them? I mean, I basically did all the hard work on this project. You just created it, I did all the pointing out that the name was taken. That's a lot of work.

:(

Seriously, I like your mod very much. It's got to be one of the more unique EDuke32 mods out there. The unfinished animations of the monsters even lend them a kind of horridness. That one where the woodland monster of yours cuts you down as you run away was pretty fucking horrifying, and it's not finished. I hope you don't make it less-scary when those elements are completed.

1:46 of this video showcases the famous "shaky-head" camera trick from Jacob's Ladder (great horror film). It has been copied so many times since, but this was the first.



In a way, your monsters currently have similar feel of 'unnatural movement' to them. Try to retain this as you clean them up!
2

User is offline   TerminX 

  • el fundador

  #40

View PostMicky C, on 13 July 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

And a technical question: how did you get a spotlight which doesn't have shadows?

Play with an ATI card. [insert troll face here]
4

User is online   Jblade 

#41

Very cool...but those enemies barely seem to be scratching your health. I'd really recommend making them do much more damage, or making it higher on harder skill levels since it's hard to be scared if it would take like 10 seconds of wacking for an enemy to kill you.
1

#42

Awesome video! Looks very scary :( it reminded me of Amnesia
1

User is offline   zykov eddy 

#43

Looks great. Love the inventory system.
The HUD looks suspiciously like the Cry of Fear one

Lol, I wasn't expecting to see a clip from Jacob's Ladder here. Cool movie!

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 14 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

1

User is offline   Marcos 

#44

View PostMicky C, on Jul 13 2012, 8:54 PM, said:

how did you get a spotlight which doesn't have shadows?


Well, i've just disabled the player's shadow, as for the others, I have no idea.

View PostMartin, on Jul 13 2012 10:05 PM, said:

I like the new name! I expect full credit for providing the impetus for the name change, plus any and all profit you make from this endeavour

Perhaps "Tenebris: So-named Because Martin Pointed Out that Deep Fear was an old SEGA Saturn Game" would be a good name for your project. A mere credit on the end is not enough. I expect my name in lights everywhere. Maybe a neon sign that says "Martin" on every single wall in the game, and the enemies could scream "Martin is fucking awesome!" when you kill them? I mean, I basically did all the hard work on this project. You just created it, I did all the pointing out that the name was taken. That's a lot of work.

Seriously, I like your mod very much. It's got to be one of the more unique EDuke32 mods out there. The unfinished animations of the monsters even lend them a kind of horridness. That one where the woodland monster of yours cuts you down as you run away was pretty fucking horrifying, and it's not finished. I hope you don't make it less-scary when those elements are completed.


Don't worry I have an idea for you! As for this monster, well he is kind of ghost, that's why he keeps dissapearing, and the idea was not to make a death animation, when dead he would just dissapear for all.

View PostJames, on Jul 14 2012 12:29 AM, said:

Very cool...but those enemies barely seem to be scratching your health. I'd really recommend making them do much more damage, or making it higher on harder skill levels since it's hard to be scared if it would take like 10 seconds of wacking for an enemy to kill you.


Well this enemy is very weak and likes to attack you in groups, but I'll increase the amount of damage that he can do.
There's another thing too, this kind of enemy when in groups, it increases a lot the fear bar, when it exceeds 60%, you start to have headaches, dizzy, you get slower adn this kind of thing. There's a video that I've made for that but I can't find it.

This post has been edited by Marcos: 14 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

1

User is offline   LeoD 

  • Topic #3513

#45

Cool stuff, easily beats my expectations. Keep it up!
0

User is offline   Marcos 

#46

http://www.moddb.com/games/tenebris
1

User is offline   Martin 

#47

Quote

You wake up in the middle of a highway, you don't know what happened, an accident maybe? You go look for some help, you find a house, and... Well let's just say that death will be a blessing and live life a curse during this story.

0

User is offline   Marcos 

#48

oh thanks! I didn't see that!!
0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God

#49

Seems like you're quite inspired by Cry of Fear. I just hope you'll make all the encounters meaningful and not turn it into mindless hack and slash. If you keep pouring enemies like in the video, they'll lose their impact and all the fear will be gone as well if you can just rid them with a single swing of the blade.

Otherwise I'm quite excited to see how it'll turn out in the end, I want to play this.
0

User is offline   Marcos 

#50

View PostDaedolon, on 18 July 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Seems like you're quite inspired by Cry of Fear. I just hope you'll make all the encounters meaningful and not turn it into mindless hack and slash. If you keep pouring enemies like in the video, they'll lose their impact and all the fear will be gone as well if you can just rid them with a single swing of the blade.

Otherwise I'm quite excited to see how it'll turn out in the end, I want to play this.


What is this Cry Of Fear? Everybody is talking about this and I have no idea what is it!
0

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God

#51

For some reason your HUD and inventory systems look almost identical with it, it's a very popular mod for Half-Life: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 18 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

1

#52

Indeed, first time I saw your HUD I immediately thought: this looks so much like Cry of Fear. But I think that's a VERY good thing. I like new HUD's in EDuke32. As far as I know, this hasn't been done in Eduke32 so far. But I would recommend Cry of Fear to you. I don't know if you ever played Afraid of Monsters, thats also made by the same people.
0

User is offline   Marcos 

#53

View PostSimon_Croes, on 18 July 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Indeed, first time I saw your HUD I immediately thought: this looks so much like Cry of Fear. But I think that's a VERY good thing. I like new HUD's in EDuke32. As far as I know, this hasn't been done in Eduke32 so far. But I would recommend Cry of Fear to you. I don't know if you ever played Afraid of Monsters, thats also made by the same people.


WOW. I loved Afraid Of Monsters! I'll try cry of fear!!
1

User is offline   thatguy 

#54

First thing I thought of was Cry of Fear, but i'll be honest. Not exactly an original design on their part so it makes sense he pleads ignorance.

Anyways, this looks great. Anything that matches the look and feel of Cry of Fear, Afraid of Monsters, Penumbra, Amnesia, is welcome in my book. :( Keep up the good work.
1

User is offline   Marcos 

#55

First teaser trailer!


enjoy it!
4

User is offline   Marcos 

#56

And for the ones who want to stay updated with new screenshots and videos about the game or about some other things too, here is my facebook page http://www.facebook....462970133736051
0

User is offline   Marcos 

#57

new main menu!!



i have disabled the original one and made my own.
I have been modifing the engine these weeks and it's quite easy!!
4

#58

Whoa, that looks incredible! Awesome job Marcos!
0

User is offline   Veals 

#59

View PostMarcos, on 25 November 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

new main menu!!



i have disabled the original one and made my own.
I have been modifing the engine these weeks and it's quite easy!!


How is the development progress?
0

User is offline   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here

#60

For the love of god, this thread lies dead since 8 years. Obviously there isn't any progress and there won't ever be.
0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options