Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem : The Series Discussion Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem : The Series Discussion Thread  "It's finally here."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

We, Vinny and I, are proud to announce the premiere of Duke Nukem The Series. The first episode is finally here, to bring in the new year with a blast! We promise this will be just the first of many exciting and hilarious episodes!

Episode 01: "Ass Kicking Etiquette" Wherein Duke Nukem goes down the list of his weapons whilst enjoying a day at the pool. Hilarity ensues!

The next episode will be out: February, 2012.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year! Posted Image

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 12 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Great work, there were several memorable moments, and there's something about Duke that makes him look really, really Australian...

Anyway, I also loved the voice acting. When I started thinking about it halfway through, it occurred to me that it wasn't Jon St John. The fact it didn't occur to me straight away says something. It's probably closer to Duke's voice in 3D than in Forever.

• Judge Mental

Australian? Ha-ha! Well that sprite for Duke is actually from Duke Nukem Carribean.

Thanks for the nice words Micky C.

Merry Christmas. Posted Image

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMicky C, on 25 December 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

Great work, there were several memorable moments, and there's something about Duke that makes him look really, really Australian...

Anyway, I also loved the voice acting. When I started thinking about it halfway through, it occurred to me that it wasn't Jon St John. The fact it didn't occur to me straight away says something. It's probably closer to Duke's voice in 3D than in Forever.

Thanks Micky C!
I've gotten so use to Duke's 3D voice that it's sort of stuck with me and truthfully, the voice I favor in all of Duke.

• Judge Mental

View PostVinsaneOne, on 25 December 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

I've gotten so use to Duke's 3D voice that it's sort of stuck with me and truthfully, the voice I favor in all of Duke.

As the years have gone by, you really have improved I think man. There are times when you become pretty much indistinguishable in terms of attitude and nuances of Duke.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 26 December 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

As the years have gone by, you really have improved I think man. There are times when you become pretty much indistinguishable in terms of attitude and nuances of Duke.

Thanks! And you sir, did an amazing job not only in directing, but the tons of work you put into the editing process
was an extreme undertaking, making this so awesome!
I am so proud to be part of this epic series and can't wait till everyone sees the next episode!

• Judge Mental

A teaser-trailer for the next episode of Duke Nukem The Series, entitled "Cola Conundrum" has been unleashed!

Duke is gonna have to face off with an enemy unlike anything he's ever dealt with before... Stay Tuned! Posted Image

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 05 January 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

<<Teaser and whatnot.>>

Sweetness. The first episode was great. hehe. It was fun, and more Duke is good Duke. ^_~ I'll be staying tuned. :3

• Judge Mental

We're a day late! However, the next episode of Duke Nukem The Series, entitled "Cola Conundrum" is finally here!

You can watch it here:

Next episode will be released, February 25th, 2012.

We hope you enjoy it. Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

This one is fucking hilarious. Cheers for the laughs, Posted Image

View PostHank, on 26 January 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

This one is fucking hilarious. Cheers for the laughs, Posted Image

Thanks, Hank. So glad you enjoyed it!

• Honored Donor

So that's what you have to do to get a soda in the original game Posted Image

Steve and I would like to thank all of you on Duke4 for your support, making this project all the more worth doing.
So stay tuned right here in this newly re-named thread for the latest news and up coming episodes of Duke Nukem: The Series!

User is offline   Rebecca 

not bad, i shall subscribe to your youtube channel when i make a youtube account. look foward to number 3.

if you are ever in need of a female for any voice acting just let me know

This post has been edited by Rebecca: 17 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

• Judge Mental

Thank you very much Rebecca, we'll be sure to keep you in mind as we are DEFINATELY in need of female voice talent. :lol:

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 08 March 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Thank you very much Rebecca, we'll be sure to keep you in mind as we are DEFINATELY in need of female voice talent. :lol:

You know Rebecca was banned right?

• Judge Mental

View PostLunick, on 08 March 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

You know Rebecca was banned right?

Nope. I didn't. Why would I respond as I did if I knew that?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostCommando Nukem, on 09 March 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Nope. I didn't. Why would I respond as I did if I knew that?
To introduce a new variety of necroposting? :)

• Judge Mental

View PostLeoD, on 09 March 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

To introduce a new variety of necroposting? :)

Interesting idea, but wouldn't really fit since this thread isn't dead, It's my thread, and about an ongoing project. But I digress.

In SERIES related news, i'm hoping to hear from Vinny within the next week or two about getting voice acting done on the next episode so that it can be ready for release the 25th of this month. Posted Image

View PostCommando Nukem, on 10 March 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Interesting idea, but wouldn't really fit since this thread isn't dead, It's my thread, and about an ongoing project. But I digress.

In SERIES related news, i'm hoping to hear from Vinny within the next week or two about getting voice acting done on the next episode so that it can be ready for release the 25th of this month. Posted Image

Got my gear out of storage and its loaded and ready for transport to a quiet area where I'll have a few hrs to finish up recording. Thanks to my friends Anthony and Donna, who have given me the key to their apartment so I can do this while they are at work. Grooovy!!!

• Judge Mental

Duke Nukem The Series Episode 03 teaser trailer is now available for your viewing pleasure:

• Honored Donor

I love these teasers, it's like tv shows or something which have to come up with a ridiculous new idea each time to keep on going Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 20 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostCommando Nukem, on 19 March 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Duke Nukem The Series Episode 03 teaser trailer is now available for your viewing pleasure:

Full episode of BACON FACTORY coming April 7th, don't miss it!

• Judge Mental

I cannot believe we're already at April 7th, but so it is. It's a beautiful day here in Washington, and i'm off to enjoy it. However, before I leave, we have a brand new release for Duke Nukem The Series. Episode 03 "Bacon Factory." Check it out, leave a comment, and above all else, enjoy it! Posted Image

Duke Nukem The Series Episode 03 "Bacon Factory" has just premiered on YouTube.

There should be an update of some sort next week on the future of Duke Nukem The Series.

Take it easy folks.

User is offline   Hank 

Cheers. I think I am going to fire up the barbecue and see what will land. Posted Image

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Wow, the reactor explosion was impressive. I can see there was a lot of creative effort put into the whole video.

• Judge Mental

View PostHank, on 07 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Cheers. I think I am going to fire up the barbecue and see what will land. Posted Image

Might have to BBQ some hotdogs wrapped in bacon later. Posted Image

View PostYatta, on 07 April 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Wow, the reactor explosion was impressive. I can see there was a lot of creative effort put into the whole video.

Thanks very much Yatta! For the nice words and the front paging. :)

• Honored Donor

Best episode yet! I loved the new one-liners, the action, the music and sound effects, the editing, and the story (in hindsight I might as well have said everything). It even had suspense! The bacon landing everywhere was especially funny.

There should be an update of some sort next week on the future of Duke Nukem The Series.

This better not mean it's getting cancelled Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 07 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 April 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Might have to BBQ some hotdogs wrapped in bacon later. Posted Image

Thanks very much Yatta! For the nice words and the front paging. :)

Echo that and to everyone as well!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 07 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

User is offline   NY00123 

Hey there,

I can tell it's been fun to watch the 3rd episode!

A weird fact: While watching on YouTube, I've literally thought that the colors are tinted - and on purpose, for the video (skins are blue for instance).
Later I've figured out, though, that it's some bug as described here...
https://bugs.launchp...gin/+bug/967091

I don't know for sure who's fault is it now - Maybe the Flash plugin for Linux, maybe the NVidia drivers; Maybe neither. What's strange, though, is that, as I auto-convert some YouTube vid to 3D (a recent YT addition), the colors are then alright...

Guess I'd need(?) to watch this again with the correct colors :)
(BTW, by disabling some kind of hardware accelaration for the Flash movies, the colors are OK now.)

Anyway, that's good job!

This post has been edited by NY00123: 08 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options