Duke4.net Forums: Originality Factor - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Originality Factor  "Will it return?"

User is offline   Psyched 

One of things that made the game that little bit better to play around with was the massive creativity and scope. Jetpacks, funky gadgets, the whole deal - will Duke succumb to the norm and deliver a "shooter", or will it be something truly special and bring back the old goodies that no modern FPS has yet emulated?

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

Psyched, on Dec 24 2005, 01:39 PM, said:

One of things that made the game that little bit better to play around with was the massive creativity and scope. Jetpacks, funky gadgets, the whole deal - will Duke succumb to the norm and deliver a "shooter", or will it be something truly special and bring back the old goodies that no modern FPS has yet emulated?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the originality factor will return. 3D Realms loves to put innovative features in their games, and will make sure there are new things in the game that have never been seen before release. The Jetpack will be in the game, also :)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

3DR also makes sure their products are clean and polished, and they've beaten out most others in the fun factor they've been able to put into their games. Arcadish shooters forever!

User is offline   Nihilanth 

Psyched, on Dec 24 2005, 01:39 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Certainly. DNF is to redefine what people call FPS games, I believe. Let us consider what they've implemented in early versions of the game [old trailers] and you'll see some things they've created and they are still not in new FPSes (like playing a pinball for example). There are still some things both in 3D and early concepts that are creating a better illusion for gameplay but still are nowhere to be seen in new games (Duke's talking when blasting aliens). I'm talking about small things, because I see lack of those small elements in todays games.

User is offline   Halcyon 

I'm sure the originality factor will return. Even now, the E3 2001 Trailer looks imho more original than 80% of the other shooters available right now.

User is offline   Lead 

I think it will return given that with all the time put into it, at the very very least they would at least bring back the fun things and interactivity of Duke3D. Which would be fairly fresh given that even now in 2006 most games don't have lots of interactive qualities that Duke3D had.

Although being able to do shit like walking up to a rat, picking it up and sticking it inside a microwave, closing the door and then using the buttons to operate it to explode the rat seems like a pretty high level of interactivity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options