Duke4.net Forums: A moment of respect for the true patriots. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A moment of respect for the true patriots.  "H.R. 1540 - NDAA"

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

If you don't want to be called a bigot perhaps you shouldn't say bigoted things. Instead of ranting and raving like a child you should go outside for a few minutes. It's just the internet.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 19 December 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

If you don't want to be called a bigot perhaps you shouldn't say bigoted things. Instead of ranting and raving like a child you should go outside for a few minutes. It's just the internet.

Says the guy whos a member of a dozen forums and is always lurking in the backround, ha more assumtions I'm just back from walking my dog you goon, and have a healthy active lifestyle which includes bodybuilding, hiking and swimming to name but a few, I'm checking here every so often to see what bullshit accusations you come up with next. Its just the internet sure and your being a dick on it.

Do you always have such a temper tantrum when someone calls you out? I'd love to see how you react to other people in real life. However, I sense it would be far less amusing.

Haha body building. BIG TOUGH MAN ON THE INTERNET! Watch out everybody!

You are here for my amusement and nothing else.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 19 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

In other news, I was not defending extremist Muslim countries either. I don't give a shit about them. My real issue is that we should cut ties to Israel and the Middle East in general. They hate us because we always muddle in their business. Who cares about a bunch of sand? Stupid religious people.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Gonna backtrack a bit. Haven't been on in a while. Plus, I really need to reply to this.

Remember when I said our generation doesn't have any culture wars dividing us?

We don't. What we are seeing now isn't a "culture war." What people saw in the 1960's was a culture war, and it remains unresolved to this day. The Boomer Generation's liberal left and evangelical right have been fighting a political battle over what culture should define America for decades. There is nothing remotely like that in my generation. We're too culturally diverse to give a shit, our levels religious participation are at an all time low, and we're able to discuss conflicting political beliefs in a mature and respectful manner. The Boomers have proven for half a century that they cannot discuss politics without juvenile behavior and fighting.

Mild conflict due to cultural diversity is a given. It's part of human nature. It is not a "war."

View PostMad Max RW, on 10 December 2011 - 03:31 PM, said:

That is so completely false it actually made me chuckle. The most racist people I ever met are black liberals blaming everything on whites and jews.

...And this is a new development? Furthermore, that's not a culture war, that's racial tension, and until lower income blacks get their act together they will always be a problem. This isn't even a generational issue at the moment, this is a decades old problem.

That brings up another thing. Antisemitism is a HUGE part of the liberal left and the younger generation. It's worse now than ever, according to the ADL. Just take Occupy Wall Street as an example. Almost all of them were white liberal college kids. There were countless numbers preaching anti-Jew and anti-Israel nonsense. This is also hugely popular in universities across the US.

How is anti antisemitism a huge part of the liberal left? Do you care to provide more sources than the ADL? What were the ADL's critieria? Do you have any proof that Jew hating is "massively popular" in universities?

Not almost all of OWS are liberal college kids. The majority are, but I wouldn't say "almost all." The lowest official estimate I've seen for non-Millenial turnout was 25%. Anti-Isreal does not equal anti Jewish, and furthermore, any protest targeting Wall Street is going to bring out antisemitic groups en masse. Control of the financial system is one of the cornerstones of antisemitism. It's going to bring the crazies out no matter what. Why would you use this as a metric?

If you want to point fingers, antisemitism is a huge part of the far right as well. Have you ever been to forums such as Godlike Productions or Above Top Secret? They are littered with far right NWO conspiracy theorists, and the majority of them are antisemitic.

They don't get along among themselves, either. At Zucotti Park they had to separate the different groups attempting to put a stop to the violence. There were tents for women, for gays, for the transgendered, and so on, with their own guards blocking "the others". Meanwhile you had the richest college kids who were organizing the whole thing staying in $700 a night hotels. Do you know what that's called? Segregation. There was even a separate section of the camp they called "The Ghetto" where the worst offenders (drug users, volatile nutcases, rapists, and general creeps) were sent.

Women should have had their own tents from the start for obvious reasons. There weren't any reports of assault towards gays or transgendered people prior to segregation, which was an incredibly stupid idea and bad PR. People staying in $700 hotels are opportunists, they have always existed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with "The Ghetto." They should be doing everything possible to keep shitbags and crazies away from respectable members of society. I don't know why you even used that as an example, every capitalist society moves the poor and undesirables as far away as they can, it's human nature.

Actually, I don't know why you used any of this as an example. It's a protest. It's not an accurate cross section of society. There are far more articles praising my generations acceptance and pragmatism than decrying our racism and stubbornness.

Your entire argument contradicts everything I read on a day to day basis as well as a lifetime of empirical evidence.

If you're going to bring up individual incidents you need to look at their frequency. I'm not saying we've ended any of the behaviors I mentioned, but we have made them far less prevalent.

Naivety is a dangerous thing.

I'm not naive, I'm realistic.

This post has been edited by Descent: 19 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Also, lol at him saying that black people are racist for blaming things on white people. He can kiss my black ass.

White people only enslaved their peoples, brought them here and treated them like shit for hundreds of years. And continually exploit their communities here in America, as well as exploit their homelands consistently.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 19 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 18 December 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

I don't care who is right or wrong, the point is that they took the land from somebody else. Plain and simple. They didn't even conquer the Palestinians, they just took it. Assholes. All of them.

Jews obtained their land legally at first. When their part of Palestine declared independence (according to UN-defined borders), Palestinian Arabs and surrounding Arab nations invaded Israel. Israel won and rightfully annexed the Arab parts into their new nation.

Gaza, the West Bank and the Golan Heights were rightfully taken from Egypt, Jordan and Syria. These countries had just tried to annihilate Israel so taking bits of their land was the least Israel could do.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 19 December 2011 - 06:41 AM, said:

Do you always have such a temper tantrum when someone calls you out? I'd love to see how you react to other people in real life. However, I sense it would be far less amusing.

Yeah I'd like to see you call me out in real life, you damn right it wouldnt be amusing. Whats body building got to do with being tough? Most of my friends do it, its quite normal in my country and some of my biggest friends couldnt knock snow off a rope. Are you running out of tired cliches yet? It really is a shame we are on the net it really is, I'd love to see your "oh no" face. Just because your a fucking wimp it doesnt mean everybody else is, I'm done with you now idiot, write what you want to amuse yourself, or go back to thinking Gearbox want to sue you for being a bitter fag on their forums.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 19 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 19 December 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

Also, lol at him saying that black people are racist for blaming things on white people. He can kiss my black ass.

White people only enslaved their peoples, brought them here and treated them like shit for hundreds of years. And continually exploit their communities here in America, as well as exploit their homelands consistently.

So something that happened long before I was born and long before my family came to America justifies the way poor black people around here call me a "white cracker" to my face while repeatedly trying to set fire to my house and work? Because it's been happening here for years. That's the reality I face every day. I actually lost count how many I personally had arrested and was on the news dozens of times. You can't go out at night in New Haven because of all the shootings, which recently passed over 31 homicides this year. That's the culture they created for themselves, and I hear about it constantly. When I was younger it was nothing like this. Nowadays, the cops here and in nearby Bridgeport actually warn white people from going into the cities after certain hours. Reality. And many people all over the world face the same kind of nonsense.

At least those Africans who were brought here and enslaved had a chance. Yet so many of the current generation of blacks continue to complain about it. I don't hear Jewish people bitching about the Holocaust every damn day and attacking Germans. And they continue to get more shit from morons who are so insecure with their own lives they go after an easy target. It's as ridiculous as complaining about atrocities the Mongolians or Roman army brought to your ancestors. Why don't all the Spanish descendants in Central America leave and give their stolen land back to the Mayans? It's insanity. People should learn from the past not continue living in it.

Descent, everything you said is in total denial of reality. Splitting people into groups creates separate cultures where clashes are certain. What we're seeing is the beginnings of a new culture war and I'll bet money it will look like the 1960s by next summer. After some massive catastrophe (likely a total economic collapse and world war setting us back many decades) people will say "never again"; idiots who were so full of hate before will either be dead, in hiding, or spend the rest of their lives as liars; then we'll be back where we started after a generation or two of stupidity sets back in.

If people spent a little more time worrying about improving themselves there would be world peace. But it's never going to happen because of a little thing called human nature. Few people like to think or face their faults head on. It's easier to blame somebody else and it's easy to reach for something that is irrelevant to your life such as slavery or Israel's right to exist.

Almost all = majority
Need I remind you I went down to Zucotti Park and saw it with my own eyes.

Ripemanewone, your butthurt never ceases to amuse me. NO WAY are you 31 years old. If you are... wow. You're the biggest coward on these forums for still not apologizing for being a humongous bigot.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 19 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 19 December 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

So something that happened long before I was born and long before my family came to America justifies the way poor black people around here call me a "white cracker" to my face while repeatedly trying to set fire to my house and work? Because it's been happening here for years. That's the reality I face every day. I actually lost count how many I personally had arrested and was on the news dozens of times. You can't go out at night in New Haven because of all the shootings, which recently passed over 31 homicides this year. That's the culture they created for themselves, and I hear about it constantly. When I was younger it was nothing like this. Nowadays, the cops here and in nearby Bridgeport actually warn white people from going into the cities after certain hours. Reality. And many people all over the world face the same kind of nonsense.

At least those Africans who were brought here and enslaved had a chance. Yet so many of the current generation of blacks continue to complain about it. I don't hear Jewish people bitching about the Holocaust every damn day and attacking Germans. And they continue to get more shit from morons who are so insecure with their own lives they go after an easy target. It's as ridiculous as complaining about atrocities the Mongolians or Roman army brought to your ancestors. Why don't all the Spanish descendants in Central America leave and give their stolen land back to the Mayans? It's insanity. People should learn from the past not continue living in it.

Descent, everything you said is in total denial of reality. Splitting people into groups creates separate cultures where clashes are certain. What we're seeing is the beginnings of a new culture war and I'll bet money it will look like the 1960s by next summer. After some massive catastrophe (likely a total economic collapse and world war setting us back many decades) people will say "never again"; idiots who were so full of hate before will either be dead, in hiding, or spend the rest of their lives as liars; then we'll be back where we started after a generation or two of stupidity sets back in.

If people spent a little more time worrying about improving themselves there would be world peace. But it's never going to happen because of a little thing called human nature. Few people like to think or face their faults head on. It's easier to blame somebody else and it's easy to reach for something that is irrelevant to your life such as slavery or Israel's right to exist.

Almost all = majority

Ripemanewone, your butthurt never ceases to amuse me. NO WAY are you 31 years old. If you are... wow. You're the biggest coward on these forums for still not apologizing for being a humongous bigot.

Says the obvious racist. You are beyond help if you didnt understand what I was saying, sure I have a bad temper one of my many flaws but at least I'm not a sneaky, paranoid, racist, bitter, lying old fag like you.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 19 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

So I tell you what's going on in my neck of the woods and I'm a racist? How predictable of you. One of my best friends is black and he's a damn cool guy. He was a marine then a Navy Seal and got his life together. I can't say the same for the many MANY others around here and he is the first to point out that reality to me. Is he a racist, too? But that's the culture in America. I don't know what it's like in Ireland, but you should come here and check it out for just one night. I doubt you'll make it out alive.

Everything you said before boils down to one thing:

religion is a fairy tale for children

That's bigoted.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 19 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I've hesitated from posting in this thread until after Descent managed to clear the waters. All this catfighting is ridiculous. You both need to step away from the keyboard because you are both blowing these matters WAY out of proportion. I know that you're both capable of holding civil discussions without resorting to personal attacks.

At least those Africans who were brought here and enslaved had a chance. Yet so many of the current generation of blacks continue to complain about it.

While it can be argued that there is a culture of irresponsibility among them, the problem has much deeper roots than you might think. If you want the best insight as to just how far back and how far forward the racism and segregation (unintentional and intentional) goes in the United States, I would pick up a copy of William Julius Wilson's book, "When Work Disappears". Yes, it's a stuffy scholar book, but it presents a very compelling hypothesis (with supporting data) regarding the infrastructural problems that exist within the United States' urban centers that contribute to the high delinquency and crime rate among African American populations. (Wiki) You can draw your own conclusion on whether or not the research is valid.

I don't even know where to start with the Israeli-Palestine conflict. Every time I hear news about it, it's usually something to do with Israel shelling Palestine, or Palestine shelling Israel, always followed by the instant polarization of whoever happens to be commenting - "Well, they started it!", or "They're killing women and children!" - leading me to believe that neither side is truly in the right. This level of antagonism is eventually just going to result in a full-blown war, which likely will have a decisive outcome. I will say one thing for sure, though; the growing military presence of Iran in the Middle East is going to be disastrous over the next few years if hostilities escalate.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 19 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 19 December 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

So I tell you what's going on in my neck of the woods and I'm a racist? How predictable of you. One of my best friends is black and he's a damn cool guy. He was a marine then a Navy Seal and got his life together. I can't say the same for the many MANY others around here and he is the first to point out that reality to me. Is he a racist, too? But that's the culture in America. I don't know what it's like in Ireland, but you should come here and check it out for just one night. I doubt you'll make it out alive.

Everything that you said before boils down to one thing:

religion is a fairy tale for children

That's bigoted.

How is that bigoted, seriously did you take a knock on the head recently or has your little brother hacked your account? Religion is a fairy tales for adults too or did you not know that children become adults? At the rate your going it wouldnt suprise me.

Loads of Aficans living in Ireland lol my next door neighbours are Nigerian, no we don't have major tensions even with the dire state of country is in because we seem realise that we are all in it together, there are bad areas and scumbags everywhere of all colours.

Bison your right, it has gotten stupid, but how can I let someone twist my words and try to make me look like a bigot? I'm sorry to people who are reading this shit but thats really offencive to me. I apolagise to the other forum members for this shit, but the guys an asshole for no good reason.

My bottom line is I hate people who kill each other over religion ANY religion, and for all I care they can all burn because they make the world a shitter place than it needs to be, but you (max) twist my words to make them mean what you want because you have a problem with me stemming from wrongly thinking that I have been down voting your posts for ages which I already denied, like I said please ask a mod its simply not true, in fact I usually find what you have to say interesting but now I just think your a paranoid asshole.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 19 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostRipemanewone, on 19 December 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

Loads of Aficans living in Ireland lol my next door neighbours are Nigerian, no we don't have major tensions even with the dire state of country is in because we seem realise that we are all in it together, there are bad areas and scumbags everywhere of all colours.

African populations have a higher proportion of scumbags to the extent that importing Africans equals to importing rape.

Of course, I'm not familiar with Irish statistics but I'd be very surprised if they were very different from Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, American etc. statistics with respect to race.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 19 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 19 December 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

Dude, are you kidding me? Every time I see a group of black thugs assault a white man for being white they are never charged with a hate crime. It's fucking disgusting. We have given them opportunities for decades, yet we are always blamed for their hardships. It's disgusting.

Lower income blacks are idiotic racists.

As far as explanations go, this is absolutely perfect.

Almost all = majority

You continue to miss my point on this one. Zucotti Park isn't an accurate measure of an entire group comprising 83 million people. From the outside, you might see what appears to be mild tension, but I'm telling you, from within this group, things are pretty concrete right now. I've actually been noticing a dramatic uptick in comradeship and political participation as of late. There's a sense among people my age that we have to band together and fix things, and more and more people are becoming passionate about politics all the time, people who couldn't care less a year ago. Look, I went there myself a while back and I can tell you first hand it wasn't an accurate representation, and that you really are gravitating towards the cynical aspects of the entire movement and this country's future.

You still have yet to post anything aside from your experiences at OWS and a few studies proving me wrong on this.

There would be a velvet revolution before there would be WWIII. Everyone would rise up against that. The only false flags we could pull off would be minor terrorist attacks we could pin on Iran.

You're also forgetting one very important thing - nationalism is pretty damn weak compared to how it was in the 1930's. Western governments are losing influence by the day and are scrambling to maintain control. It will fail. Militarizing the police is a stopgap measure - they'll figure out what's going on too after a while. Western armies will not open fire on their own people and might go so far as to help "clean up" corrupt cops.

This post has been edited by Descent: 19 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

View PostDescent, on 19 December 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

You continue to miss my point on this one. Zucotti Park isn't an accurate measure of an entire group comprising 83 million people. From the outside, you might see what appears to be mild tension, but I'm telling you, from within this group, things are pretty concrete right now. I've actually been noticing a dramatic uptick in comradeship and political participation as of late. There's a sense among people my age that we have to band together and fix things, and more and more people are becoming passionate about politics all the time, people who couldn't care less a year ago. Look, I went there myself a while back and I can tell you first hand it wasn't an accurate representation, and that you really are gravitating towards the cynical aspects of the entire movement and this country's future.

As far as Zucotti Park misrepresenting 83 million people, I wholly agree with you. I've visited many universities across the country, and depending on where you are they can range from the super liberal and pretty much exactly what you find at OWS right now, or are really conservative Christians but rarely force it down your throat with obnoxious demonstrations. They can't afford to do anything stupid because the largely unnecessary and unfair hatred the church brought on itself over the years will make them another example. Meanwhile the liberal campuses have TONS of anti-Israel and anti-Jew protests going on all the time. Seriously, it's a daily thing and you never see it reported because most of these so called journalists come from there.

I want to clarify something with Ripemanewone because your last couple posts are a little bit in contradiction with how this all started. Originally it sounded like you wanted all people anywhere who follow religion for any reason to burn and are like children for believing in fairy tales. Now it sounds like you only hate the people who use religion to justify killing others. Big difference. That last part I'm on board with. It's common sense and is the reason why we practice separation of church and state. Iran is the perfect example of what happens when the worst of both sides merge and become one. The first part, if that's what you actually believe, is a huge insult to the majority of the human population. I'm hoping you just worded it wrong and are easily offended. Otherwise, I'm ready to drop this for the sake of your sanity.

That's fascinating. I want to know more about these antisemetic campus protests now.

Also, keep in mind my original argument was the impact a calmer, more pragmatic, less bigoted, team oriented generation with massive numbers would have on the political atmosphere. I was under the impression you were denying those traits.

Even if the youth weren't in office, if you couldn't pander to them, you'd lose.

This post has been edited by Descent: 19 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Watch Intifada comes to campus:

Read:
http://www.forward.c...rticles/139195/
http://www.hillel.or...ntisemitism.htm
http://www.commentar...s-antisemitism/
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48955686.html (hey, this one is in Canada!)
http://atlasshrugs20...nt-threats.html

More fun:

protests at UC Irvine:

Jewish UC students standing up to it:

And even more...

Antisemitism on Illinois campuses

Muslim students acting out:

Here in Yale we had some of this crap happening on a regular basis until lawsuits were starting to get thrown around and people were getting arrested. Now it's an ever-present crackdown across the entire campus. You can still find signs and fliers and people chanting "down with Israel", but now it's on the town green. If you're not familiar with New Haven, Yale stretches across downtown all the way north. Swastikas spray painted on walls of buildings (especially synagogues) is a common occurrence.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 19 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

That's a microcosm of the real world with the Jews representing civilization and the Muslims representing barbarism.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 19 December 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

African populations have a higher proportion of scumbags to the extent that importing Africans equals to importing rape.

What are you saying?
A Africa is a continent not a country.
B Only one country seems to be a bad apple, and look who is number two and three Posted Image So New Zealand and Belgium is next on your 'do not import' list?

C We are way of topic Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 19 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHank, on 19 December 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

A Africa is a continent not a country.

That doesn't prevent it from having populations. :)

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDeeperThought, on 19 December 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

That doesn't prevent it from having populations. :)

No, but extrapolation one small country's woes to an entire continent gets flagged by me. Especially in and around Africa. Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You're looking at the skin of the issue. These people's parents before them have been kept in shitty neighborhoods and have had very low standards of education and have been practically shunned by society. These kids grow up with it rough, and not being very well educated they are extremely susceptible to culture and media. Black culture and media (which are owned by white people, nonetheless) panders this thug lifestyle to them and tells them they cannot get out the ghetto unless they become a gang-banger. It's a very deep issue, with many vicious circles. I've had many black friends and leaders in my community affirm this to me. I also live in a very poor area, and most racism comes from idiot rednecks. The black people around here get along great with the white people around here because somewhere most people realised they are all in the same boat, there ain't much rich people around here. I've gone to many events in the community that were primarily black, and only do business in the "black" part of town. My mother even had her funeral services done by the black mortician because he wasn't a crook (which could be said for the white one.) What you're talking about is an issue that occurs in places where black people are separated from the rest of society and thrown into slums with no jobs or opportunities to better themselves.... Do you really expect them to be amicable when they can't even ascertain that slinging rocks only hurts their own community even more?

And this is where I seem to think that while you're constantly calling Ripemanewone a bigot, you may be one yourself. Why do you think America is better than Africa? Do you really think those slaves would have chosen America in retrospect? I don't think so. The only reason Africa "sucks" is because of assholes like the British and Dutch who fucked everything up for their own needs.

Lay off the Bill O'Reilly. The people who wouldn't be "a part of the band" are so marginal they don't even come into play. Descent is right. Young Americans today are on average pretty smart and because of the bad economy they are able to realise we're all in the same sinking ship and even if we have minor contentions against each other we can do more work for good together than apart. The few that won't play along will go away or reluctantly join at some point.

View PostHank, on 20 December 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

No, but extrapolation one small country's woes to an entire continent gets flagged by me. Especially in and around Africa. Posted Image

You're right. Senegal is perhaps one of the nicest countries in Africa, very little civil unrest and Christians and Muslims live peacefully together. I plan on visiting there someday with my three Senegalese friends.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 20 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Captain Awesome, you seem to be one of the few people around here who "get it". It's difficult to explain the concept of deep-seated racism to a lot of people because they're completely apt to blind themselves to the real issues. They believe that delinquency and crime on racial lines is a simple issue that can be solved with "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps". Why, if it were all that simple, there wouldn't be any poverty at all, right? The fact of the matter is, these people are severely impoverished because they are caught in a system that makes it impossible for them to move forward, and because to them, there really isn't any lucrative alternative to crime and gang-banging.

Where you and I disagree, on the other hand, is how to solve the problem. Personally, I'm of the boat that thinks the problem can never be solved without fundamentally changing the United States, and unfortunately, the middle-class opportunist in me doesn't want that to happen.

You totally misunderstood what I meant about Africans coming here having a chance. I was referring to the Holocaust and how millions of Jews were slaughtered inside a handful of years while African slaves were at least given a chance at life. Eventually we wised up and abolished slavery, but not after a bloody civil war.
One of the greatest Americans to ever live, Frederick Douglas, was born a slave and is somebody all people (not just blacks) should look up to. Instead they don't even teach us about him in school. This is something that truly pisses me off. Any other country he would have been executed long before people knew his name.Teenagers should be looking up to him, not some scumbag thug rapper who spent most of his life in prison.

Everything else you said about generations of poor education, pandering media, and whatnot creating a vicious cycle, I agree with 100%. You nailed it. But there's one huge thing you're missing or maybe you are thinking it but don't want to go there. The majority (over 70% last I checked) of black children do not have a father in their lives. If you want to improve your life you need a stable family and a good role model. A father is supposed to fill that position. In any other environment they'd have a better chance at improving their situation. A poor single mom who works 3 jobs and barely has enough to get by will not have time to do everything. On the other hand, there's tons of rich kids raised by nannies and become just as screwed up.

Yeah, I've seen the rednecks in the south and they are the worst. After you get past western PA it's like a role reversal except the scumbags all ride broken down trucks and think they're cowboys. Out in Texas, Arizona, and Colorado everybody was extremely nice. The most intolerant place I ever had the displeasure of visiting multiple times thanks to family living out there is southern California. Specifically LA and San Francisco. I thought everybody hated each other here in CT, but holy fuck was I blown away by what's going on out west. Don't get me started.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 20 December 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Captain Awesome, you seem to be one of the few people around here who "get it". It's difficult to explain the concept of deep-seated racism to a lot of people because they're completely apt to blind themselves to the real issues. They believe that delinquency and crime on racial lines is a simple issue that can be solved with "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps". Why, if it were all that simple, there wouldn't be any poverty at all, right? The fact of the matter is, these people are severely impoverished because they are caught in a system that makes it impossible for them to move forward, and because to them, there really isn't any lucrative alternative to crime and gang-banging.

It was something that always interested me even when I was a child, because most of the white kids in my class were rednecks and didn't really like the blacks. I didn't get it, so I always gravitated toward them because they were friendly to everyone. As I grew up, and got tossed into a private school system with practically all white kids, the mentalities were usually worse. So I grew up in touch with my childhood friends, but rarely seeing them. Many of them have moved on in positive and negative ways. This led me to wondering what is fundamentally wrong with the way our society works, and many of these methods that keep down black people are also employed in different ways against other types of poor people, such as latinos, asians, and even white people. Though I think white people perhaps have it worst of all, because we are the majority they try to blind us by splitting us up into all kinds of groups such as rednecks and emos and stuff. The power of culture and media is really something most people don't think about, and it's implications can be dire to how society functions.

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 20 December 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Where you and I disagree, on the other hand, is how to solve the problem. Personally, I'm of the boat that thinks the problem can never be solved without fundamentally changing the United States, and unfortunately, the middle-class opportunist in me doesn't want that to happen.

I don't really recall offering a solution, though I think changing the way the country works sounds great in any regard because there are plenty of things that need to be fixed. Such as the basis of our entire republic, the justice system. Funnily, these very groups of black people often get the worst brunt of the justice system. It seems most things tie together.

View PostMad Max RW, on 20 December 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

You totally misunderstood what I meant about Africans coming here having a chance. I was referring to the Holocaust and how millions of Jews were slaughtered inside a handful of years while African slaves were at least given a chance at life. Eventually we wised up and abolished slavery, but not after a bloody civil war.
One of the greatest Americans to ever live, Frederick Douglas, was born a slave and is somebody all people (not just blacks) should look up to. Instead they don't even teach us about him in school. This is something that truly pisses me off. Any other country he would have been executed long before people knew his name.Teenagers should be looking up to him, not some scumbag thug rapper who spent most of his life in prison.

I don't see how the Holocaust quite connects to Africa, but I get what you mean, because a few of them were brought here their descendents would get a chance at a better life. Though I'm not sure the slaves would have even cared, and would have rather stayed at home. And I'll concur with ya on Frederick Douglass. Many prominent black leaders in America have always been understated or cast aside. I'm a big fan of George Washington Carver, myself. But I mean, just look at how culture skews positive black role models, I always like to take Bob Marley as an example. Regardless of your opinion on his music, he was trying to spread a good positive message. Yet most people only know he smoked marijuana. This is how they skew things away from positivity by overstating the negativity.

Everything else you said about generations of poor education, pandering media, and whatnot creating a vicious cycle, I agree with 100%. You nailed it. But there's one huge thing you're missing or maybe you are thinking it but don't want to go there. The majority (over 70% last I checked) of black children do not have a father in their lives. If you want to improve your life you need a stable family and a good role model. A father is supposed to fill that position. In any other environment they'd have a better chance at improving their situation. A poor single mom who works 3 jobs and barely has enough to get by will not have time to do everything. On the other hand, there's tons of rich kids raised by nannies and become just as screwed up.

Slipped my mind, but you're right. But like I said, this is just another part of the culture issue, and I'm pretty sure I brought this up in another thread before. Dodging your responsibilities as a father is presented as a cool thing to do, and really cool dudes never use a rubber. This shows why fatherless children and STD's are such an issue. I don't find it a coincidence at all that many black women would rather have a white partner than a black one. Their culture is set up to destroy itself. Though I sometimes feel that the presence of a father is overrated. Sometimes having the father there is more of a problem than if he wasn't there.

Yeah, I've seen the rednecks in the south and they are the worst. After you get past western PA it's like a role reversal except the scumbags all ride broken down trucks and think they're cowboys. Out in Texas, Arizona, and Colorado everybody was extremely nice. The most intolerant place I ever had the displeasure of visiting multiple times thanks to family living out there is southern California. Specifically LA and San Francisco. I thought everybody hated each other here in CT, but holy fuck was I blown away by what's going on out west. Don't get me started.

Yep, and this is the other side of the culture thing. Redneck culture panders that you shouldn't mix with folks who ain't like you.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options