Duke4.net Forums: A moment of respect for the true patriots. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A moment of respect for the true patriots.  "H.R. 1540 - NDAA"

User is offline   Ronin 

You only have to open your eyes to see the world is turning, the masses are finally copping on that the few are really taking the piss and through the internet everyone is wising up to whats happening around the world. Look at Russia right now, they have had enough, they have seen people power in the Arab spring and are motivated to take down Putin and bullshit KGB goverment. This is the spreading of the feeling that we are all pissed off and finally people are realising that they have the power to change things or at least fuck things up for the governments they have a problem with.

If things get worse and I know they will, I will be stock pilling cans of tuna and vitamins and I wont be shocked and dumb like the rest of the sheep because if and when a total collapse happens you will see it a mile off if your eyes are open. I dont think we will have total anarchy though, because most people are too scared..too comfortable in the way of life they have become used to, that they will blindly accept draconion measures and give up any freedom or any illusion of it just so their world doesnt fall apart. Anyone who truely understands human nature will know that their is only one direction we are heading and its not freedom.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostRipemanewone, on 10 December 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

Look at Russia right now, they have had enough, they have seen people power in the Arab spring and are motivated to take down Putin and bullshit KGB goverment.

I applaud the Russian people for finally standing up against Putin, but I feel it will be all for nothing.

The Arab spring only got rid of a few dictators and replaced them with an even more radical group originating out of Iran, the Muslim Brotherhood. As we speak they are burning churches, arresting and executing Christians in Libya and Egypt, and forming new governments based on sharia law. Al Qaeda literally raised their flag in Libya and the people are accepting them with open arms. A year ago this was considered ramblings of conspiracy theorists and now it's happening for the world to see.

That's the danger of uprisings. Without a planned alternative you'll end up worse than before.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 10 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostDescent, on 10 December 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

The Millennial Generation would have no choice to rise and would completely swamp the polls, and our liberal/centrist/libertarian makeup would crush any opposition. We will make up 26% of the voting block by November 2012, and 36% by 2020. We will control any recall elections. We do not have any sort of culture wars dividing us, unlike the Baby Boomers. There will be roughly 50 million of us eligible to vote next year, with a total of 83 million people in our generation. That is a seriously huge number of people working towards the same common goal. Deprive the youth of their future and they will rise like you have never seen before.

Edit: I recanted my post because, after looking at Descent's logic, I find it difficult to argue that the movement of which he speaks focuses strictly on "the youth". However, I still contend that the likelihood of a potential voter bloc becoming more liberal (saying "liberal/centrist/libertarian" seems to be lumping far too many political ideologies into one) as time goes by is rather presumptuous. First of all, it assumes that these people want to take an active part in elections. Second, it assumes that the candidates that they choose to elect will follow their demands. I instead foresee the so-called Millennial Generation taking a more violent route to institute their policy demands, a'la the French Revolution.

Remember, it doesn't always take a majority to actually incite a revolution.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 10 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMad Max RW, on 10 December 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

I applaud the Russian people for finally standing up against Putin, but I feel it will be all for nothing.

Most likely, but it's not without vain. Maybe next elections in 2012 will have less violations(yeah, right).

That's the danger of uprisings. Without a planned alternative you'll end up worse than before.

Isn't this a problem with revolutions that any reasonable planned alternative goes down the toilet anyway?

View PostHelel, on 11 December 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

Isn't this a problem with revolutions that any reasonable planned alternative goes down the toilet anyway?

Not the American Revolution. It was such a huge success other countries tried to model themselves after us. France was so impressed they sent us the Statue of Liberty. Only in recent history (the last 100+ years) has it been severely violated and here we are. Most of the world hates America and we're rapidly approaching another civil war. The basis of the America Revolution and what the founding fathers wrote in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution was and still is the best example for human history.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 10 December 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

However, I still contend that the likelihood of a potential voter bloc becoming more liberal (saying "liberal/centrist/libertarian" seems to be lumping far too many political ideologies into one) as time goes by is rather presumptuous. First of all, it assumes that these people want to take an active part in elections. Second, it assumes that the candidates that they choose to elect will follow their demands.

Third, it assumes these people will stay liberal. In fact, as people grow older, they become more conservative.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMad Max RW, on 11 December 2011 - 06:50 AM, said:

Not the American Revolution. It was such a huge success other countries tried to model themselves after us. France was so impressed they sent us the Statue of Liberty. Only in recent history (the last 100+ years) has it been severely violated and here we are. Most of the world hates America and we're rapidly approaching another civil war. The basis of the America Revolution and what the founding fathers wrote in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution was and still is the best example for human history.

What?
Other countries that could have freed themselves from Great Britain failed, or were let go by GB, when there was no profit to be made by keeping the occupation going. And in the US, it were wealthy leaders tired from getting extorted from GB that started recruiting soldiers to get rid of it. After, they formed a state borrowing from Greek and Roman platforms.
The idea of the Statue started while France enjoyed their 'Second Empire' under Napolean III. And guess what, during the Great Panic of 1870' and well after that, the statue's progress required cash from the French/US regular peeps to get erected. - The idea for statue was to mimic something the the Colossus from Rhodes, make a monument. It could have ended up in Eqypt as well. It had little to do with France as a nation.
Finally, most concepts in the Declaration originated in the Poland hundred of years earlier.
What the US did right is to take the best from the past and make one hell of a powerful nation, amen to that.

This post has been edited by Hank: 11 December 2011 - 08:08 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHank, on 11 December 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

Finally, most concepts in the Declaration originated in the Poland hundred of years earlier.

The Constitution is more important than the Declaration, and while I'm not an expert on how many truly original ideas it contained, there should be no disputing that it was the best constitution ever written, and was a huge part of America's success. Also, it is one thing for someone to think of an idea, and another for people to improve and implement the idea. The U.S. showed how revolutionary ideas about governance and civil rights could actually work.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostDeeperThought, on 11 December 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

The U.S. showed how revolutionary ideas about governance and civil rights could actually work.

Which is in stark contrast to the French Revolution that mostly led to left-wing terror. Ironic how France (and Europe) didn't really achieve its revolutionary goals until the United States saved them from German militarism and Nazism.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDeeperThought, on 11 December 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

The U.S. showed how revolutionary ideas about governance and civil rights could actually work.

Correct. But that is not where I'm going with this.
I think, origins are important if you want to keep what you have. Liberal Democracy did not emanate from Franklin/Jefferson. Poland and France tried it also, and failed. Bottom line, no one was willing to fight for it. The US was filled with those fleeing from Europe. Now fast forward, the 'new' vocal US citizens clamour for more government, more protection and are willing to forfeit huge amounts of liberty almost as the peeps in France and Poland did. - Now here in America too we hear: "Oh, we have cash problems. Let us hide in the mountains with tuna cans and vitamins until the crisis is over." "Let the big boys handle this etc."

@ Micco Sandt – have they? Did they not join up for the new money club? Now the average Euro Peep has the honour to pay into another country's bank fuck up. Sounds like a new super slave to me, but hey on paper he/she has the right to vote and talk.

This post has been edited by Hank: 11 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

That's because America has always been a Republic and not a Democracy.

User is offline   Ronin 

I think the UK is staying out of the Euro because the government still thinks they are special and better than everyone else in Europe. They want all the benifits of being in Europe with none of the risk, countrys with elitism really piss me off I hope some horrible shit happens to the "royal" family and they all get aids from fucking race horses and foxes or something and die out already, anyone who thinks royality is a good idea needs to die too. I reckon its only a matter of time before the smart pissed off English people get rid of them.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostRipemanewone, on 12 December 2011 - 02:51 AM, said:

I think the UK is staying out of the Euro because the government still thinks they are special and better than everyone else in Europe. They want all the benifits of being in Europe with none of the risk, countrys with elitism really piss me off I hope some horrible shit happens to the "royal" family and they all get aids from fucking race horses and foxes or something and die out already, anyone who thinks royality is a good idea needs to die too. I reckon its only a matter of time before the smart pissed off English people get rid of them.

:)

The royal family hasn't controlled the United Kingdom for decades.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 12 December 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

:)

The royal family hasn't controlled the United Kingdom for decades.

I never said they did, just the very idea of royalty pisses me off, it doesnt make any sense. I knew I'd piss a few people off saying that, to those that were annoyed a big fuck you to you. Im Irish so the British royal family in particular are on the same level as dog shit to me.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 12 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Going back to an earlier post, what exactly is wrong with being anti-Israel? Israel sucks and does nothing but act like dickholes and make matters in the Middle East worse. Fuck Israel.

User is offline   Kathy 

It's wrong to be anti-anyone without judging the certain situation in question.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostHelel, on 12 December 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

It's wrong to be anti-anyone without judging the certain situation in question.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit...

View PostRipemanewone, on 12 December 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

If it looks like shit and smells like shit...

Try reading up on Israel a little bit more. I used to think the same way when I was younger, that they were acting like bullies and the poor Palestinian refugees deserve their land back. The reality is the only Palestinian refugees that exist are the people who were kicked out of the surrounding Arab countries. The ones who aren't working for Hamas or other terrorist groups funded by Iran or Syria managed to integrate with Israel years ago. In fact, over 1 million of them make a damn good living inside Israel. They never publicly talk about it for fear of getting their heads cut off.
Add onto that the millions of Jews who were kicked out of the same countries and don't live in refugee camps. What smells like shit now?

After some years go by and you see more of the world, you'll realize most of what we're being taught is based on lies. Sometimes I wish I was naive and stupid because then it's easier to swallow the bullshit. You can try denying reality all you want, accepting the nonsense, but at the end you're still on the wrong side of history. Eventually you wake up. Better sooner than later in life when you might have more regrets.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 18 December 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Try reading up on Israel a little bit more. I used to think the same way when I was younger, that they were acting like bullies and the poor Palestinian refugees deserve their land back. The reality is the only Palestinian refugees that exist are the people who were kicked out of the surrounding Arab countries. The ones who aren't working for Hamas or other terrorist groups funded by Iran or Syria managed to integrate with Israel years ago. In fact, over 1 million of them make a damn good living inside Israel. They never publicly talk about it for fear of getting their heads cut off.
Add onto that the millions of Jews who were kicked out of the same countries and don't live in refugee camps. What smells like shit now?

After some years go by and you see more of the world, you'll realize most of what we're being taught is based on lies. Sometimes I wish I was naive and stupid because then it's easier to swallow the bullshit. You can try denying reality all you want, accepting the nonsense, but at the end you're still on the wrong side of history. Eventually you wake up. Better sooner than later in life when you might have more regrets.

Actually I'm very aware its not so black and white, but you would be very wrong to think that Isreal is nothing more than a disaster waiting to happen and its living on borrowed time. Also I'm very wary of how mad a lot of the Palestinians are and how most of them are religious extremists and more are joining the ranks every minute, I hate religious fanatics and Isreal is full of them too remember. I may be only 31 but have lived a very interesting life so far and naive it not a word anyone who knows me would ever use to discribe me, I'm more a cynical old bastard than most people my age.

What smells like shit? Isreal is a western garrison in the middle east and will never be accepted and they will never give up their "holy" land so there will only be one outcome, constant war until they are destroyed or the Arabs are beaten into submission which is quite impossible nowadays as so many of them do not really fear death as its the greatest honour to die in the name of Allah. Death is not the end for them, but the beginning and life is but a test.

I don't really take sides because I hate them both and their endless fighting, even though they believe in the same god damn god.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I don't care who is right or wrong, the point is that they took the land from somebody else. Plain and simple. They didn't even conquer the Palestinians, they just took it. Assholes. All of them.

And my main point of contention really with Israel, is that our government supports them. Which puts us in a whole world of shit with the Middle East. Religion is bollocks.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 18 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think after the nutcases wipe Israel off the map they will stop and be all happy. They are very open about their plans for world domination and don't give a shit about Palestine (who allied with the Nazis, btw, so fuck them for losing land). The current generation is being used like tools. Remember they call the US and the entire Western world the "Great Satan". Israel is the starting point and is considered the "Little Satan". They are acting like a shield to the rest of the world. So think before you say they should be wiped out. Because it will never stop.

The only reason we support anybody in the Middle East is to bribe them out of going to war with each other. For years we've been sending billions to leaders in Egypt, Libya, Israel, and everybody else disguising it as "aid" just to keep them going a little while longer without snapping. Generations of hate and indoctrination is catching up and you end up with the Arab spring. People who have been raised since birth to believe everybody else in the world is the cause of their problems, starting with their rich leaders who accepted bribes for not going to war with Israel and squandered their futures with the economic collapse. Their laws are barbaric at best and are pissed that any other place in the world, especially one so close to them, doesn't cut hands off for stealing, stone women in the street, or cut heads off in public executions. What's the worst Israel has? Orthodox Jews?

And before somebody says "we also need their oil!", no, the US doesn't need Middle East oil. Europe does. We get almost all of our oil from Canada, Venezuela, and locally. If we stopped making Saudi Arabia and other countries so rich they'd be in the same situation as Libya and Egypt right now. All of Europe would shut down practically overnight. So think before reaching for that false argument. Years and years of blind hatred and stupidity is catching up. You have to educate yourself because the schools and media are corrupted all to hell.

Hey, I don't know what the solution is. Cut all ties to the Middle East and roll the dice with radicals taking over? Preemptive strikes? More fake diplomacy and pumping up new corrupt dictators? Maybe there is no good solution and another world war is inevitable. So many bad things are happening all at once with the economy, rising poverty levels, and overall stupidity and anger.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 18 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

So you are pro Isreal then, why? Have you Jewish connections by any chance? I'm not assuming just wondering, because if you do it would explain how you could be pro Isreal. You really think that by having Isreal flexing its US bought military might that you can stop the Islamic Calyphate? Wrong its just making things worse, what you have is a massive clash of cultures, missguided fools on both sides so blinded by hate that they don't even realise that they are actually fighting over which fairy tale is more true, the fairy tale little Arab children are taught or the fairy tale little Jewish children are taught.
The bottom line is that Isreal has no right to be there as it is now, they took what they thought was theirs from 1000s of years ago and not content with that they kept taking more and more and more, feulling extremism from the Muslims, and of course painting a giant target on anyone who supports Isreal which is mainly the US. I can tell you most people in my country hate how Isreal behaves, with their blockades and building of settlements deep past is stolen borders and ruthless policing of the area.

All because of fucking fairytales that dumb arrogant humans made up to control other dumb arrogant humans, they can all fucking burn.

Yes there is an agenda against the west from extreme Islam I can't see them getting control of my country and if war does reach my doorstep any religious nutfuck wants to try his luck knocking on my door he will find himself looking up at his own headless body collaping to its knees with me standing in front of it with a machete.

Also oil is going to run out anyway so its about time we learned to get on without it.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 18 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostRipemanewone, on 18 December 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Wrong its just making things worse, what you have is a massive clash of cultures, missguided fools on both sides so blinded by hate that they don't even realise that they are actually fighting over which fairy tale is more true, the fairy tale little Arab children are taught or the fairy tale little Jewish children are taught.
.. and so on

You really should read up on history. Europe mingled in this area for a very long time. As for fairy tales - England and later Britain forbade Jews for the last six hundred years on their soil. When Britain moved into what is now Israel, local Jews were anything but pleased, and fought them bitterly before WWII. Now fast forward, the West still mingles in this area. So naturally we are Satan. We have no business to be there, except we chose to make it our business. There are always two sides to one story.Posted Image

Sure go ahead, hate Jews, hate Arabs, it's propaganda at work fuelled by CNN, and other mindless media machines. In the end, being 'critical' against a group equates to what they are accused at.

So you are pro Isreal then, why? Have you Jewish connections by any chance?

What difference does that make? For the record, I'm pro common sense. I carefully weigh the good and the bad of all sides, and in this case Israel is far and away the lesser of two evils. Sure, they respond with a heavy hand many times, but who can blame them when they get rained on by rockets on a daily basis. I never heard of Jews murdering an entire family in their sleep including stabbing a baby in the heart then celebrating by passing out candy in the streets. I'm the furthest thing from a religious person as you can get, but that's like the definition of evil right there.

Whether you realize it or not your last post totally exposed you as a bigot.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 18 December 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Whether you realize it or not your last post totally exposed you as a bigot.

Wrong, people can take things out of context if they want I couldnt give a fuck their problem not mine. I don't hate Jews or Muslims and have friends of both religions AND THEY AGREE WITH ME, when I said "I hate them both" I mean both sides involved with the war, not the individual people of both religions all over the world who have nothing to do with the conflict. I thought that was obvious under the context, obviously I was wrong. Seriously how stupid would you have to be to hate everyone born to particular religion? I'm dissapointed I thought you guys were smarter than that. As for "what differance does that make?"....Seriously? And " murdering an entire family in their sleep including stabbing a baby in the heart" , is that really so much differant than indiscriminatly shelling Muslim settlements and killing their fucking babies or does pushing a button absolve you or any crime and you are using ONE act from a lunatic to condenm an entire people yet you dare say you think with common sense? Those guys fight with stones and rockets because thats all they have, THATS ALL THEY ARE ALLOWED HAVE.

Pro common sense? Well as it seems common sense is not that common. Also Max you seem to be drinking the old bigot juice, you are suggesting Muslims are evil, fuck sake wheres the common sense there? (See I can take things out of context too)

For clarity I don't hate Jews or Muslims, just the extremist branches and that goes for every religion, as was said earlier religion is bolloxs.

Holy shit and you were calling me naive?

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 18 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostHank, on 18 December 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

You really should read up on history. Europe mingled in this area for a very long time. As for fairy tales - England and later Britain forbade Jews for the last six hundred years on their soil. When Britain moved into what is now Israel, local Jews were anything but pleased, and fought them bitterly before WWII. Now fast forward, the West still mingles in this area. So naturally we are Satan. We have no business to be there, except we chose to make it our business. There are always two sides to one story.Posted Image

Sure go ahead, hate Jews, hate Arabs, it's propaganda at work fuelled by CNN, and other mindless media machines. In the end, being 'critical' against a group equates to what they are accused at.

By fairy tales I mean religious storys, fucks sake.....

User is offline   Hank 

View PostRipemanewone, on 18 December 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

By fairy tales I mean religious storys, fucks sake.....

Relax man, I know what you were getting at. My counter point is, belief comes in all sorts of different flavours. It does not need a god for a good story.
Thus, please, read up on the Middle East. They demonize us as the Great Satan, we them as fanatics, or what you wrote previously. Neither is fair, methinks. Both sides are willing to kill without hesitation. Who is in the right then? Are we better than them, do we know the answers?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostHank, on 18 December 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Relax man, I know what you were getting at. My counter point is, belief comes in all sorts of different flavours. It does not need a god for a good story.
Thus, please, read up on the Middle East. They demonize us as the Great Satan, we them as fanatics, or what you wrote previously. Neither is fair, methinks. Both sides are willing to kill without hesitation. Who is in the right then? Are we better than them, do we know the answers?

Who is right...neither, thats the pathetic part, but the Arabs do have a right to fight oppressors trying to push them out of their homes and dominate them. Those like me who don't need moral guidence from outdated texts to live their lives in a decent manner WE are in the right because we live our lives without fucking things up for others. I see people all over the world tearing each other to pieces trying to oppose their will on others, I have a right to hate these people and I do for making the world a more shitty place than it needs to be. I have every right to be pissed off when people take what I say out of context then try to label me a bigot, fucking cheek.
I am constantly reading up on the Middle East as it concerns me greatly and I don't need any history lessons from anyone here in fact I don't understand why you would say such a thing, I could just as easily say the same to you and add look whats happening now with your own eyes to boot. People can read all they want it won't make them actually understand the conflict unless they have the perception needed, which of course everyone thinks they do because nobody thinks they are an idiot. What ever happened in the past, happened in the past I'm sick of people going back hundreds of years to find reasons why they should hate others. I'm Irish and I have no problem with English people because the English living now are not the same people who did such horrible shit in my country for hundreds of years well some of them are (the guys that took part in the Bloody Sunday murders) but I've not met them nor do I want to.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 18 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

they don't even realise that they are actually fighting over which fairy tale is more true, the fairy tale little Arab children are taught or the fairy tale little Jewish children are taught.

All because of fucking fairytales that dumb arrogant humans made up to control other dumb arrogant humans

they can all fucking burn.

Your exact words. Sounds pretty bigoted. And congratulations for going back and down voting every single one of my posts. You've been doing this for a long time on these forums. For someone who claims to be 31 you sure do take offense easily.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMad Max RW, on 19 December 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

Your exact words. Sounds pretty bigoted. And congratulations for going back and down voting every single one of my posts. You've been doing this for a long time on these forums. For someone who claims to be 31 you sure do take offense easily.

Once again taking things out of context, genius. Let me tell you this son, I voted down 2 or 3 or your posts last night as we were in the middle of an arguement right. Not only do I disagree with you, you pissed me off so too bad, also and you can check with a mod as far as I know those are the ONLY posts of your I ever voted down, and thats the honest truth. You are paranoid and delusional, you seem to think there is a subtext to everything when sometimes things are as they seem, I'm dissapointed in your behaviour as I had you penned as a pretty clued in guy who generally seemed to know what hes talking about, but I'm wrong your an bitter internet paranoid asshole with a big chip on his shoulder.
I'm not going to explain myself again to you as you have deemed yourself lacking in basic understanding. Also for someone so in favour of Isreal don't you see the irony of having Mel Gibson as an avatar?

Why the hell did you think I have been down voting you for ages?? Seriously....

As for taking offence easily, you called me a bigot, yes I take massive offence to that.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 19 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options