Duke4.net Forums: Irány: a Gettó (Destination: Ghetto) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Irány: a Gettó (Destination: Ghetto)  "A Total Conversion with love"

User is offline   Fer 

View PostMicky C, on 10 December 2011 - 07:30 PM, said:

That weapon takes up a lot of screenspace. I hope it's powerful enough to be worth it. I'll download this the instant the english version is released.

It is actually a remodeled version of the devastator with a little harder attack power. Unfortunately when we were tinkering wiht the weapons, (Around 2003 when EDUKE has not existed yet) we didn't really know how to modify all these weapons in the Con file. (Although my friend has changed a lot of things in the original source code but that was done in the DOS version) Fortunately the shrinker was changed to a much more badass weapon.

As I'm checking all these fantastic mods that can be found here, (like Duke Eternity) ours seem inferior, at least regarding coding.
But I see everybody here does expansions to Duke Nukem instead of creating original themed content. I've seen one medieval themed total conversion but forgot the title...

I'll be hopefully done tonight with the English patch. (I'm in CET time) I'll put a link here and on the myspace page as well.
Changes will be:
- English status messages
- A titlecard change to english.
- English texts on the help and credits screens

That's all. I don't think we could change all the sounds to English. It would be either awkward and/or hilarious with our accents.

This post has been edited by Fer: 12 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   Fer 

English patch:
http://www.gamefront...394/English_rar
Just copy and overwrite the files in the game folder.

- English status messages
- A titlecard change to english.
- English texts on the help and credits screens

Have fun!

This post has been edited by Fer: 16 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Groovy! Downloading now :)

User is online   Jblade 

As I'm checking all these fantastic mods that can be found here, (like Duke Eternity) ours seem inferior, at least regarding coding.
But I see everybody here does expansions to Duke Nukem instead of creating original themed content. I've seen one medieval themed total conversion but forgot the title...

Inferior is a bit harsh on yourself :) As long as it's fun that's what's important. I've made a mod called Imagination World that doesn't star Duke Nukem and has new environments...it's a bit buggy but you can find a review of it on MSDN if you want to try out other mods :P

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Thanks to my new PC I was able to finish it finally. Cool stuff! I think this deserves to make it to the top of the topics list once more ...
Since all those case mismatch warnings (and others) annoyed me I decided to fix them.
So here comes the English Linux/ext4-ready version of Destination Ghetto in one big ZIP [569MiB]:
Destination Ghetto [English].zip
[MD5 : 1249d5e994d07fd5021bbf8bff4c38eb]

User is online   zykov eddy 

How could I miss such big TC? Gonna download this from gamefront and give it a try!
(Sorry LeoD, but rapidshare sucks. Downloading the file will take too long)

Played it a bit. I've got some mixed feelings. The TC reminds me of Redneck Rampage. I really liked the graphics, everything looks new and fresh. The best part of the game so far is a cool explosions. On the bad side, I don't like the concept behind this. Fighting punks and dogs on the streets? Doesn't sound exciting to me. The lack of english is also a problem. The first two levels look ok, but the gameplay is a bit boring. The weapons look nice, but they need more con changes, otherwise they work almost the same as the original ones.

Overall, I can understand why this TC didn't get much attention. It looks really weird. This reminds me of an obscure mods like The Seventh Son TC - a really big effort was put into this, but... Yeah, it still needs a lot of polishing to look good.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 24 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

This looks cool, i'll check it out at some point

View Postzykov eddy, on 24 June 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

This reminds me of an obscure mods like The Seventh Son TC - a really big effort was put into this, but... Yeah, it still needs a lot of polishing to look good.

never heard of this one either, got a link?

View PostMetHy, on 24 June 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

never heard of this one either, got a link?

I found it on some spanish Duke 3D forum. Don't have the link, sadly.
Download: http://www.mediafire...ejybhcs7qdb0c0w

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

It's nice that your version of 7th son is all bundled up in a group instead of having a mess of files, but I didn't see the manual

Attached File(s)

User is offline   t800 

Ahem! It doesnt work. :(
At first run eduke asked me if i want to use internal defaults because it found errors in GAME.CON
I ran it with default but it crashed in launcher screen. So I tried to run it with its GAME.CON and it crashed down again.
Spoiler

Have you used the included version of EDuke 32?

User is offline   t800 

View Postzykov eddy, on 25 June 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Have you used the included version of EDuke 32?

That ZIP archive doesnt include eduke32.exe.
It contains only 3 files:
7son.bat
7son.grp
7Son.txt
That is all.

EDIT: I also tested it with "latest" and "nightly" (2780) version.

This post has been edited by t800: 25 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Oh wait, you are talking about 7son... I played it on my 20081001 version and it worked fine.

User is offline   t800 

View Postzykov eddy, on 25 June 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Oh wait, you are talking about 7son... I played it on my 20081001 version and it worked fine.

Thanks for help, it runs well in that version. But now I see that I didnt miss anything important by not playing it before...
Mishmash of graphical styles ripped from various games without any sense of cohesive atmospehere, big boring maps
where player can easily get lost and strongly oversized rooms. (and allied marines replace hooker sprites so you can still
tip them with money :( )

User is online   blizzart 

Can someone reupload the mod´s files?

I totally missed this TC and accept part1, everything is down on Gamefront.

Thanks in advance.

Gonna upload my version now.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 16 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Yeees I missed this TC also, hope there's a link somewhere :)

User is online   blizzart 

View Postzykov eddy, on 16 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Gonna upload my version now.

Thank you!

http://narod.ru/disk...a3b/IG.rar.html

Uploaded on a russian hosting.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

IIRC this TC wasn't all that fantastic, and I wasn't motivated to finish the first level due to number of factors. I hope others enjoy it more though.

User is offline   Mark 

I liked it because it was different than other offerings at the time plus the sheer number and variety of maps.

User is offline   WolfmanFP 

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but does somebody have the English patch? The download links don't work anymore.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostWolfmanFP, on 10 July 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but does somebody have the English patch? The download links don't work anymore.

http://www.mediafire...33i/English.rar

User is offline   WolfmanFP 

View PostForge, on 10 July 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

Thank you for the quick reply! :(

This post has been edited by WolfmanFP: 10 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

User is offline   Forge 

if anybody wants/needs the original, unpatched version:
http://www.mediafire...on%20Ghetto.zip

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options