Duke4.net Forums: CELESTIA - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CELESTIA  "explore the universe from your desktop!"

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

After a search to see if a topic had already been mentioned here about Celestia, I got no results.
I think quite a few of you would find this totally free software very interesting. It's easy to use and educational for all ages. It's completely modifiable using scripts which make it possible to create your own star system, planets, moons, spacecraft, space stations, whatever! Then, with it's built in screen capture, you can take screen shots and video of your travels to show everyone where you've been.
I have been using Celestia for about a week now and I'm working on a really cool video already. I've had this soundtrack of space composed some years ago and can finally use it.
There is so much more this program can offer than I can tell you here. People have even made mods like one for Star Trek and 2001 Space Odyssey for download as well as hundreds of custom scripts too! Once you get the hang of it, the fun is as endless as space itself.
Really can't believe no one here talked about this. If so, then I missed it and it's here for those interested.

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/
... The free space simulation that lets you explore our universe in three dimensions. Celestia runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 05 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 05 December 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

I have been using Celestia for about a week now and I'm working on a really cool video already. I've had this soundtrack of space composed some years ago and can finally use it.

... can't wait for the soundtrack!! Posted Image

b.t.w. the program sounds good, but I'm old fart and prefer books about space. Posted Image

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostHank, on 05 December 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

... can't wait for the soundtrack!! Posted Image

b.t.w. the program sounds good, but I'm old fart and prefer books about space. Posted Image

This 55 yr old wonders... what would happen to a space fart? No program or book that I know of has the answer!

As for the soundtrack, it's nothing more than a slow, erie, spaced-out and trippy ride of my vision of what deep space
(if you could hear it) sounds like. You'll see it in like a day or so.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options