Duke4.net Forums: Serious Sam 3: BFE - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serious Sam 3: BFE

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Serious Sam 3 is currently 50% off for a limited time on steam. If there's anyone who's been holding off, now's the time to get it. There are also large discounts on the other Serious Sam games.

User is offline   Mark 

Is this another Steam only game for the PC or can I buy the game in stores? Would I still need a Steam account with the store bought version if there is one?

• Honored Donor

I don't think it's in stores for PC, so you'll have to get it on steam, and you will need a steam account. But it's $20 for essentially a brand new quality game, that's hard to pass on.

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostMarked, on 28 December 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

Is this another Steam only game for the PC or can I buy the game in stores? Would I still need a Steam account with the store bought version if there is one?

You can buy on Direct2Drive also. Which is getting switch over to GameFly some time next Month.

User is offline   Lunick 

A physical version will be released soon I think. And consoles as well if you're into that stuff.

User is offline   Mark 

But will I still need a steam account to play the game if I have the disc version? That would suck.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I really wanted to grab this over the winter sales. But I had no money. I will get this someday. Loved the first two encounters. Never played the sequel. But this game looks fantastic.

I have spare copies of the SSFE HD and SSSE HD to gift over from Steam. If you want them invite me to
your friends list and i will gift them to ya.

Skulldog2010 use this user name.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 03 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostSkulldog, on 03 January 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

I have spare copies of the SSFE HD and SSSE HD to gift over from Steam. If you want them invite me to
your friends list and i will gift them to ya.

Well, hell ill be your friend. :unsure:

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostReaperMan, on 03 January 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Well, hell ill be your friend. :unsure:

Gifts sent.

Its Christmas all over again! :unsure:

• The Sarien Encounter

I've already got the HD remakes. I got them during last Christmas's sale, I believe, with the Gold Pack.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

• Honored Donor

I hope you can get it some time. I have a friend coming over tomorrow, and we're going to play the entire campaign on splitscreen coop Posted Image

Croteam could have not included splitscreen, and made is so you would have to buy a second copy to play coop with a mate, but they didn't. This just shows that they don't care so much about the money, rather they want to make a great product Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 11 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostMicky C, on 11 January 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

I hope you can get it some time. I have a friend coming over tomorrow, and we're going to play the entire campaign on splitscreen coop Posted Image

Croteam could have not included splitscreen, and made is so you would have to buy a second copy to play coop with a mate, but they didn't. This just shows that they don't care so much about the money, rather they want to make a great product Posted Image

Yes that is very true. And Rebellion with AVP 2000 Classic has the same concept.

User is offline   Lunick 

Oh Micky, I fixed my game btw (with no help from Steam Support or Devolver Digital) so we will have to setup a game sometime :unsure:

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 11 January 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

I have a friend coming over tomorrow, and we're going to play the entire campaign on splitscreen coop Posted Image

So after buying an xbox 360 controller which cost more than the game itself, I played through the first level and a lot of the middle levels (we'll play the last two some other time) and playing coop with a mate next to you is an awesomely fun experience. Like someone said earlier in the thread, there are a lot of other things people would rather do with their mates than play games all day, but it's definitely something doing every now and then.

View PostLunick, on 13 January 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Oh Micky, I fixed my game btw (with no help from Steam Support or Devolver Digital) so we will have to setup a game sometime :unsure:

Great, we'll organise the thing over PM, unless there are any other Australians here who would like to join in.

• The Sarien Encounter

Just picked this up the other day. Played through a bit. Fantastic game. Definitely a better revival of a game than DNF was.

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 January 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Just picked this up the other day. Played through a bit. Fantastic game. Definitely a better revival of a game than DNF was.

Isnt a revival since the sequel came out six years ago with the exact same gameplay and pretty good graphics. Harder thing to do with Duke Nukem since it is more than 10 years old.

• The Sarien Encounter

Picky picky.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 January 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Picky picky.

Just saying Duke Nukem is a whole nother monster in terms of being revived compared to a game series that didn't take FOREVER to make each sequel. :unsure: Especially a game series with a tried and true fun gameplay as D3D that didn't take much to work well. To be honest how many games of the type are out there? So there is no need to 'modernize' like DNF did since Serious Sam just works no matter what. The creator of 'Horde' game modes. :P

• Honored Donor

All he meant was that all things considered, the gameplay was remarkably close to the original, which was released over 10 years ago, and has bowed very little to modern influences. Can you imagine Serious Sam with a two weapon limit? Posted Image Ooo I know, lets make it so the RPG holds 5 shots, fucking LOL! Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 15 January 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

All he meant was that all things considered, the gameplay was remarkably close to the original, which was released over 10 years ago, and has bowed very little to modern influences. Can you imagine Serious Sam with a two weapon limit? Posted Image Ooo I know, lets make it so the RPG holds 5 shots, fucking LOL! Posted Image

Yep pretty much....or maybe a character with a deep history, cinematic cutscenes that shows character growth, linear corridors, two monsters max per battle, and no class in parodying ever......yep SS3 and Croteam did what 3d Realms should of done. :unsure:

• The Sarien Encounter

And it's funny, because I always saw Serious Sam as a cheap knock off attempting to garner Duke's attention. I remember seeing the game in stores and thinking it looked remarkably stupid. I thought it was a budget low-quality game. I remember wondering why Milkshape had specific support for it. And yet here we are. It's a better game than DNF.

• The Sarien Encounter

Also, this game proves that you can run a dedicated server AND the game at the same time in Steam. Something DNF fails to do for whatever reason.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 January 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

And it's funny, because I always saw Serious Sam as a cheap knock off attempting to garner Duke's attention.

I always felt that Serious Sam was more like a FPS version of Smash TV.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 16 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

That's a great analogy.

Man I wish I had the money to buy this. I got no money at all. Bleh. Looks like fun.

^Ditto. I'll get it at some point. lol

• Honored Donor

It has a high level of replayability. Some of the city maps are quite complex and you can get lost in them, some of the desert maps are so large and open that there are several ways to go through them, and there are even places where you have to get some 'keycards' which you can collect in different orders. Having a full set of very diverse weapons also helps, and the online 16 player co-op, and 8 player survival modes can be addicting Posted Image

User is offline   necroslut 

IMO the best Serious Sam game yet. I do miss a couple of the weapons and the beautiful environments from TSE, but all in all it feels like a step up in most areas. Definitely looks a lot better than the HD versions. Don't at all agree that SS3 is what DNF should have been though, Serious Sam and Duke have never played ANYTHING alike. And I still liked DNF better.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I want it, but what is up with all these Duke haters on sam videos?

every video I look up it's either "duke is sucking sam's dick!" or "duke's a pussy blah blah"

Are these guys putrescent DNF haters or something?

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options