Duke4.net Forums: Steve Jobs died. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steve Jobs died.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

We just lost one of the most important people in the history of computing.

This sucks. He held on just long enough to see his final project born.

RIP Steve. You were great.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Steve Jobs is not dead. He is now obsolete. Watch out for the new Steve Jobs 3GS this Winter.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 05 October 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Steve Jobs is not dead. He is now obsolete. Watch out for the new Steve Jobs 3GS this Winter.

Oh fuck off. Without Steve Jobs you wouldn't be parked on your ass in front of a computer right now. I'm no Apple fan but show some respect, assuming you even have that capability.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Everyone dies, you're overreacting.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

To be fair to CA, my first thought was that his consciousness was downloaded to a computer somewhere at Apple HQ..after that I figured that in 3 days someone will claim to have seen him risen from the dead. It isn't nice, but those are what my first thoughts were.

It is unfortunate that without him, Apple (has thus far) may begin to decline slowly. I mean, the markets are open in Asia..so, well, any one with stock in Apple is going to be that much less happy with their stock portfolio tomorrow morning.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 05 October 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

Everyone dies, you're overreacting.

That doesn't mean people have to make tactless, unfunny jokes about it. It's not like he was a drug-running dictator or something.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Perhaps, but being funny or not is subject to opinion, because I actually found it funny.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

People like Steve Jobs remind us that one man can make a big difference in the world. Individuals do matter; the fate of the world is not determined just by faceless socioeconomic forces and whatnot.

User is offline   CruX 

Sure, it's all a matter of opinion. I'm just sayin', save shitheel comedy hour for someone that genuinely deserves it.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's funny how people keep criticizing CA for his post but no one has voted it down (as of the time that I type this). One of the few benefits of a rep system is that people can express their disapproval of a post without littering a thread with replies to it...

• I have the power!

It was voted down (and then voted back up, apparently).

Steve Jobs made a difference and his co-founding of Apple contributed immensely to technology. Since then his superstar/messiah/god figure presence among certain circles has created detractors who have little positive to say about him.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

What a shame, he only resigned in August too, i know he had pancreatic cancer but i wasn't expecting him to die so soon after he resigned.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm sure his doctors had made it clear that he was past the point of no return. We probably should have all seen this coming (and many did).

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Another great veteran died.
It sucks when legendary people dies.
This guy played an enormous role in computer world's history.
Without him lots of things would have never existed.

Steve has confronted with many health problems such as. Pancreatic cancer, hormone inbalacement, liver transplant and more.
He doesn't deserve to die like that.
Also a friend of mine told me even if you're a billionaire you're still not immortal.

Yes you may have better health care good doc but doesn't guarantee invinsibility.

RIP Steve.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah even those who know nothing about the history of computers can see as plain as the light of day that 90% of all smart phones on today's market are derived from the iPhone.

This is shocking news, to me anyway as I haven't been keeping up to date with what's happening behind the scenes. I hope apple continues to flourish, and it'd be interesting to see how they cope over the next few years. I seems that all sort of educational institutions in my city have been switching over to macs recently.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMicky C, on 05 October 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yeah even those who know nothing about the history of computers can see as plain as the light of day that 90% of all smart phones on today's market are derived from the iPhone.

Say that again?
http://jamespmartin....one-820376.html

@ first post
Sorry to see you go, so quick. RIP Posted Image

Thanks for iTunes, best product on my comp.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 05 October 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

Perhaps, but being funny or not is subject to opinion, because I actually found it funny.

If you keep it up, you are going to lose all of your rep points mate and probably get banned too.
I am no apple fan but I'll be damned if I didn't watch all of apple's keynotes where Steve Jobs was involved even a few times.
The keynotes that guy did, managed to put you into this retro pc world with lots of 8 bit substance to it.
And if you check his life story, it's more interesting than lots of drama tv series.
He has done in his life, more than many others do in 100 years.

Rip Steve Jobs!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 05 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMr.Deviance, on 05 October 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

If you keep it up, you are going to lose all of your rep points mate and probably get banned too.

I don't think a little of black humor will make him gets banned. Neither there are enough people on the forums who cares about it for him to loose all of his reputation.

This post has been edited by Fox: 06 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

• I have the power!

View PostHank, on 05 October 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostMicky C, on 05 October 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Say that again?
http://jamespmartin....one-820376.html

Yeah, I was going to say...iPhone just made smart phones cool, They are not the progenitor or the best. It just happens to be the most popular but doesn't even have 50% of the market share.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostFox, on 06 October 2011 - 12:48 AM, said:

I don't think a little of black humor will make him gets banned. Neither there are enough people on the forums who cares about it for him to loose all of his reputation.

Knowing Captain Awesome, he wouldn't give a shit if he had 100+ rep points or -100.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Steve Jobs' speech to Stanford graduates in 2005, "Hot to live before you die". This was after his initial bout with cancer, so he had already had a brush with death.

Among other things, he talks about how dropping out of college after 6 months was one of the best decisions of his life:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

• I have the power!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 06 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

User is offline   Rellik 

At first glance, it seems like that comic is in poor taste, but if you saw the title and read the alt text it is actually pretty touching:

Title: "Eternal Flame"

Alt Text: "There's always the hope that if you sit and watch for long enough, the beachball will vanish and the thing it interrupted will return."

http://xkcd.com/961/

User is offline   Ronin 

Mr Jobs was a creative genius, he put tecnology in the hands of regular people and made industrial design an artform, I didnt know much about him until I saw that movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and then I became interested in anything he said and he speeches he made were great too, a really insightfull guy, the guy was a nut case I like nut cases, but you could say that he was on the right side of crazy.

Im sure Apple have buckets of his unfinished ideas yet to be unleased on the world, remember he was a guy who always had a long term plan so I guess then that he already has some steps in motion that we wont know of until the time is right.

He was a rare breed, its not often you get someone whose left and right brain hemispheres are chugging away at the same speed.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 06 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMr.Deviance, on 05 October 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

I think higher of the administration around here, and would like to think they base bannings less off of off colour jokes and rep points. I don't think any of them are retarded, except for Yatta, but we are boyfriends.

View PostThe Commander, on 06 October 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

Knowing Captain Awesome, he wouldn't give a shit if he had 100+ rep points or -100.

Precisely. Worrying about your rep points is like worrying whether you were the most popular guy in high school or not.

User is offline   Martin 

Didn't like any of his products, but whatever. Cancer sucks.

RIP !

User is offline   Jeff 

I would just like to give thanks to Mr. Jobs for his contributions to this world.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options