Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D : Reloaded - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D : Reloaded  "check it out!"

User is offline   DiRT 

hey have you guys seen the Duke Nukem 3D reloaded project? gearbox software has granted them a non-commercial license and I have inside info that the game might be an AAA title
I've seen it myself and "DDAAAMNN I'M LOOKING GOOD" they've given duke a much more mature look and feel slightly more dark and gritty he seems like he's about 40 years of age which jsj just tops off which is cool becuase it means he kinda has a reason to be as bad-ass as he is... :( ... apparently there will be some sort of media release not long from now ...just a heads up ...keep an eye on the website . www.dukenukemreloaded.com
the forums are very active there too ...

seeing as DNF has finally shipped and we've all played it to it's full extent I think this is the next big thing to keep our eye on

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Of course we've heard of Duke Nukem Reloaded, we are pretty much the primary Duke Nukem fan site you know :(

In fact, we already have a thread about it from way back when it was started, when it was originally called "Duke Nukem Nextgen" or something: http://forums.duke4....nukem-next-gen/
I'm sure there was another thread floating around too with the current name.

A lot of us here are holding our judgement back until we actually play the game, or at least see some proper footage of it.

So now, what's your source of information and why should we give any weight to your insider info?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDiRT, on 18 July 2011 - 02:36 AM, said:

.... and I have inside info that the game might be an AAA title. I've seen it myself and ....

seeing as DNF has finally shipped and we've all played it to it's full extent I think this is the next big thing to keep our eye on

Are you one of the donors with full access to the team's 'classified' material? If yes, what exactly have you seen? If no, as Micky C wrote, this forums is pretty much the hub for Duke Nukem.

Also, since I'm into sarcasm today, are you sure Reloaded is the next big ticket? How about Zumba Fitness? It outsells most other games, and received 0 attention from the critics. Posted Image

User is offline   DiRT 

lol i'm being a smart-ass i'm actually a developer there ...from one fan to another i can tell you it looks AWESOME!... i will try to discribe what i've seen but i cannot risk showing you or hinting anything visual because of the NDA i had to sign:
the Game even 'at the moment' really hits the bar when comes to GFX as a fan i can see what i loved about the original with a dark suttle but gritty realistic feel. it means the fact that i am playing the very thing i came to love all those years ago.. the original developers of the 3drealms team back in 1994--6 even stated we nailed the look right down to the smirk on duke's face :(

i'm afraid that's all i can say at this point

• Honored Donor

Lol, DN Reloaded is going to have better graphics than DNF. But everyone originally said there was going to be a multiplayer demo out within a few months, and that was more than a few months ago. Something isn't right there. Maybe Gearbox realized that multiplayer was the ONLY replayability DNF had, and that if they released another DN multiplayer game, everyone would stop playing DNF. It's not like DNF's 'a black hole appeared and broke down the world into 1 dimension' linear levels are that much fun after the 2nd go.

Are you allowed to say if DN Reloaded uses a medkit or regenerating health system?

User is offline   Kyphros 

It will use a medkit, of course. Just go there and read the DN3DR forum, there are more informations about it than you think.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDiRT, on 18 July 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

i'm afraid that's all i can say at this point

ah, well, welcome, and all the best. Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDiRT, on 18 July 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

lol i'm being a smart-ass i'm actually a developer there ...
[Followed by random crap]

pics/video or gtfo.gif

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Seriously, this mod is fucking lame. Every other week there is some stupid ass hype bullshit. Pictures or it didn't happen.

User is offline   DiRT 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 18 July 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

Seriously, this mod is fucking lame. Every other week there is some stupid ass hype bullshit. Pictures or it didn't happen.

i'm sorry what? mod? this is a AAA indie title i don't think gearbox would have thier name smeared in shit over a mod.. i sure don't see it as a mod.. not from my perspective

This post has been edited by DiRT: 18 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

User is offline   Hank 

http://www.indiedb.c...kem-3d-reloaded
Mod or game? What's the difference. Just because it takes a lot of sweat blood and tears to make it, I think it is still based on the character Duke Nukem. Posted Image

Anyone can make and upload crap Concept Art pictures and claim a game exists, I could do this right now and get thousands of people to like it on moddb/indiedb.com also all over the forums.

The fact that the person who even started this mod/game had no background in any mods released with Duke Nukem 3D or any other games (show me proof otherwise) also shows us (the people that can read between the lines) that this project is all WORDS and CONCEPT ART, nothing else exists.

RULE #1 when announcing a Project, DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO FUCKING SHOW!
(Concept Art is not something to show)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 18 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Concept art for the ripper is very bad. It looks like a mix of the DNF ripper and the halo gun. It looks like they studied the old jace hall gameplay video very well.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDiRT, on 18 July 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

i'm sorry what? mod? this is a AAA indie title i don't think gearbox would have thier name smeared in shit over a mod.. i sure don't see it as a mod.. not from my perspective

You're right, it ain't a mod.

It's a bunch of concept art, screenshots of assets in modelling programs, talk, and hype. It's just a bunch of derivative junk by a bunch of people I've never heard of. This is complete nonsense. The Duke community has had it's fair share of people coming up with ideas and never doing anything with them, but constantly posting about them. At least do something and post a screenshot or shut up. It's tiring to read "LOL This mod is awesome and I work on it." every other month.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostHank, on 18 July 2011 - 12:45 PM, said:

http://www.indiedb.c...kem-3d-reloaded
Mod or game? What's the difference. Just because it takes a lot of sweat blood and tears to make it, I think it is still based on the character Duke Nukem. Posted Image

Yea, and the last update at indiedb was over 3 months ago!

User is offline   DiRT 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 18 July 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yea, and the last update at indiedb was over 3 months ago!

yes we really Pushing Gearbox to allow us to release "in-game" Media atm ...but the reasons are cofidential atm. ..yea gearbox are pretty serious when it comes to having a 'their' name stuck on something
we are lucky to get crums from them ..
but we actually have a good relationship with them ...
when I spoke about the original developers of duke 3d ...i meant to tell you or manager has actually been to Dallas ,TX to speak with gearbox representatives not long ago as well as the original Duke Nukem 3d ..3drealms team ...and the triptych team ...they actually played the game there in the offices over a Local area network ...so the game is playable even now ...the team is motivated and we are getting the job done - no doubt
we will release media and some point ...soon i think but can't say and honestly don't know when
so keep an eye open for anything new
....btw captain awesome ... I am also apart the duke community ...and I'm not very tolerant either with waiting not when i've now waited 12 years for DNF :(

This post has been edited by DiRT: 19 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

• Honored Donor

I have faith that Duke Nukem Reloaded is being worked on and will come out. I'll believe this until I'm proven wrong, i.e if Gearbox officially cancels the project. After all, 3DR never cancelled DNF even when they were bankrupt for a year and didn't have any staff to work on the game, and look what happened to the game :( (it was released, the fact that it wasn't that good isn't the point.)

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDiRT, on 19 July 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

yes we really Pushing Gearbox to allow us to release "in-game" Media etc.

Why is that? Perhaps Randy knows something about PR you (plural) don't. We know everything you just quoted. It's on the website on Reloaded. One of the most respected celebrities in gaming is my hero John Carmack. He only speaks when it is worth is.
I love this forums. It's a good hang out. And I repeat my welcome. But try to put George's flamboyant hyping style to rest. It blew up in his face big time. Just saying Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If Gearbox won't let you release any media, then you probably shouldn't annoy the shit out of people until they go "Release media or shut up."

View PostMicky C, on 19 July 2011 - 02:45 AM, said:

I have faith that Duke Nukem Reloaded is being worked on and will come out.

Sigh, I thought you were smart this whole time. :(

User is offline   Martin 

I actually like the concept art, but yeah it's all clearly bullshit.

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Commander, on 19 July 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

Sigh, I thought you were smart this whole time. :(

Ah, but I don't actually care whether or not it comes out. It'd be interesting to see what comes of it, but I'll always stick with eduke32.

Edit: besides, I've only been in the community for about 3-4 years, I haven't been exposed to much of the heartbreak that most other's have. Guess that makes me a virgin.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 19 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMicky C, on 19 July 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

Ah, but I don't actually care whether or not it comes out. It'd be interesting to see what comes of it, but I'll always stick with eduke32.

Edit: besides, I've only been in the community for about 3-4 years, I haven't been exposed to much of the heartbreak that most other's have. Guess that makes me a virgin.

It's never too late to get your cherry broken! :(

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I would say 3-4 years is enough to see many projects like this come and go and or slip into development hell. Like the project I have mentioned earlier or elsewhere.... Black Mesa.... who knows when that will come out. It was promised to be released in 2009... obviously it has slipped a tad. :( It's like there's no release in sight for it but they have quite a bit more to look at than Duke Nukem Reloaded currently does of course since they've been at it longer... but yeah.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 20 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

User is offline   DiRT 

~Removed at the request of Frederik Schreiber - Duke Nukem Reloaded Lead~

lol @ 156 day countdown timer. 3DR style teasing x 1000?

I noticed the team has just two people with the title "level designer" and both of those have other duties as well. Also there are only two coders, one of whom is a lead. Yet the team is not looking for programmers or level designers: http://www.dukenukem...d.com/jobs.html

Edit:

Also what is up with the copyright notice going back to 1999?

User is offline   DiRT 

that section of the website is out of date we recently just hired a web-system tech dude to work on the website, server networks ect
we are very talented bunch we share alot of the work with frederick overlooking who's capable for the job currently there are 3 level designers
the art is then created by all the 3d artists who then create the art work from the concept art provided by that area of experties

This post has been edited by DiRT: 21 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

What about coders?

User is offline   DiRT 

View PostKristian Joensen, on 21 July 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

What about coders?

we have 2 primary coders atm Frederick seems to have his own views on that topic ...so I really can't answer your question
ofc if you want to apply for that position (if that's what you implying then feel free to do so @ mail@dukenukemreloaded.com :(

This post has been edited by DiRT: 21 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

Hehe, no I am in no way qualified for that. The only things I would potentially be qualified for in a mod team are things that don't require any skills in doing any content(art, sound, music, animation, level design) or code like QA, Project Management, PR. Nothing hands on I am afraid. Even though I have tried learning stuff like that for the past 10+ years.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options