Duke4.net Forums: Does DNF still install AMD dual core optimizer? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does DNF still install AMD dual core optimizer?  "I see no trace of it on my system."

User is offline   Bubbles 

Never mind it installs when the game is launched.:D:(:( Hope I don't have problems from this mess.:(:D

This post has been edited by Bubbles: 17 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I saw it noted during the installation process. That was about 3 weeks after launch.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

This game really is programmed like shit. Gotta love that stuttering!

FOUR TIMES THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND THE GAME IS AS SMOOTH AS A TOADS ASS

This post has been edited by Descent: 17 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Correct me if I'm wrong but it installed stuff from 2003 so that the game could work properly?

User is offline   Bubbles 

View PostMicky C, on 18 July 2011 - 02:49 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it installed stuff from 2003 so that the game could work properly?

It installs Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 and the latest AMD dual core optimizer from 2009. It does this when you launch the which makes me curious if these installs can be avoided. I noticed after playing the game that there is a folder in the duke nukem forever folder called redist. Inside are these 3 programs listed earlier. I wonder if you were to delete those before launching the game if there installation could be avoided.

View PostDescent, on 17 July 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

This game really is programmed like shit. Gotta love that stuttering!

FOUR TIMES THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND THE GAME IS AS SMOOTH AS A TOADS ASS
Did you remove the dual core optimizer? This game run beautifully on my system. It only stuttered once when the second battle lord appear even though it didn't before and has not since.

I have read brief bits that the AA options can hinder performance though. I have AA off but it still appears to be on some what it's weird. I would have used FSAA but people reported it didn't work right maybe I'll try it latter though. I don't like FXAA either maybe it will get better in the future as Nvidia finishes it but MLAA seems to be the best for post process AA for now.

This post has been edited by Bubbles: 19 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options