Duke4.net Forums: Die Hard TC - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Die Hard TC

Die Hard TC, Does anyone remember it? or have anything from it. I remember some really awesome stuff being done before it become a full game

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I remember that nice screenshot from the TotalConversions.com front page.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I remember contacting the people who were making it after the LithTech version was released asking if they still had any of their Duke3D assets around and getting no response. I also seem to remember an awesome helicopter sprite they had posted on their Dukeworld site, but that's about it.

• Ancient Blood God

Posted Image

There we go.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 09 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Full game? Was it ever released?

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 08 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

• Ancient Blood God

I think there might've been a demo release of some sorts, but it was never finished.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It was finished: http://en.wikipedia...._Nakatomi_Plaza

• Ancient Blood God

Wait that's what seriously came out of it? I just woke up and read that wrong as in the modders stopped since the full game was coming out.

View PostDaedolon, on 08 July 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty huge changes there.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 09 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

User is offline   darkcaleb 

I think i have the demo somewhere on cd. I'll try to look for it :)

Good news for this one. I found a demo of the tc :( i'll upload it in a couple of minutes.

Here ya go Enjoy all. If it's possible could anyone please put this somewhere in dukeworld or anywhere else where these mods are hosted?

Attached File(s)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Heh. I started a Die Hard Duke3D TC years ago. It was hosted by a Duke Nukem website....but it wasn't Dukeworld. I don't remember the name of it now. Wasn't this one, though (Nakatomi Plaza). I remember seeing the website for that one afterwards and discovered they had moved to the Half-Life engine instead which I thought was awesome. Then the game disappeared and I never heard anything about it again. Years later I saw Nakatomi Plaza in stores which shocked me. Was it the same team of guys who turned their game into an official Fox Interactive title?

Never really made any headway with my mod. The most I did at the time was cheat out by ripping assets from Counter-Strike and Action Half-Life and turning them into sprites. I did do a bit of CON editing to change the Assault Trooper's weapons into bullets instead of lasers. I did have some scenes from the movie captured and used in the menu's and loading screens and stuff. I still have it lying around somewhere. Never did make any maps. I had one guy come on-board and he made the outside of the building in Build but it wasn't much and then he vanished.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Holy shit. I could have sworn nothing ever came of this mod except for some screenshots. Thanks for digging up the beta. Very cool to see that the company that worked on this got to work on Duke Nukem Forever. I did not know that.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 July 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

Never really made any headway with my mod. The most I did at the time was cheat out by ripping assets from Counter-Strike and Action Half-Life and turning them into sprites. I did do a bit of CON editing to change the Assault Trooper's weapons into bullets instead of lasers. I did have some scenes from the movie captured and used in the menu's and loading screens and stuff. I still have it lying around somewhere. Never did make any maps. I had one guy come on-board and he made the outside of the building in Build but it wasn't much and then he vanished.

Did you go by any other user name back in that day?
This sounds some what familiar.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

On the subject of Die Hard and Duke Nukem 3D maps, I have this README file of a DIEHARD.map (but not the map itself) created by a Chris Kinner. The link to get the map no longer exists. It contained the following files:

Diehard.map(2.63 megs unzipped)
Tiles012.art
Dethtoll.mid
Diehard.rts
Diehard.txt
Bonus.mid(x-tra xmas tunes)

I've been trying to find this map for quite some time now and have had no luck, most likely because the author only uploaded it to his own webpage.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostThe Commander, on 12 July 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

Did you go by any other user name back in that day?
This sounds some what familiar.

I did. I was probably something like "Nifty" or "Shine64" or "Neo" or something like that. I don't quite remember exactly. I'll see if I can dig it up sometime and make a couple screenshots.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 July 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

I did. I was probably something like "Nifty" or "Shine64" or "Neo" or something like that. I don't quite remember exactly. I'll see if I can dig it up sometime and make a couple screenshots.

lol, That was I that made that crappy old attempt at that map.
I honestly can't remember what happened to it or to myself back then. I know I vanished from the community for about a year or so back then.

• The Sarien Encounter

Wow! Small world! So we're like old friends or something. lol

Yeah, a lot of old attempts were made at TC and mods back in that day. heh

User is offline   dwtietz 

For those that attempt to run the "Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza" demo in DOSBox, here are a few things that you may need to do to get it to run/load:

1. Extract the files LOBBY.MAP and LEVEL30.MAP from the Nakatomi.grp file and place them in your Duke3D folder.
2. Edit the BlasterType and BlasterInterrupt lines in the file DUKE3D.NAK. Originally, this file had the following settings:

BlasterType = 4
BlasterInterrupt = 5

I had to change these lines to the following in order to prevent sound initialization errors (which crashed and closed the game before it was finished loading):

BlasterType = 6
BlasterInterrupt = 7

3. Edit the 'Die Hard.bat' file as follows:

Change the 9th line, which was originally:
duke3d /gnakatomi.grp

to the following to enter the lobby:
duke3d -map lobby.map /gnakatomi.grp

or to the following for the next level teaser map:
duke3d -map level30.map /gnakatomi.grp

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options