Duke4.net Forums: RIP Jackass Legend Ryan Dunn - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RIP Jackass Legend Ryan Dunn  "1977-2011"

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Death by fiery Porsche. What a shitty way to die for such an awesome human being. You will be missed.

I will never forget the Butt X-Ray, it was one of the most genius pieces of comedy I've ever seen.

As huge Jackass/CKY fan today really is a sad day for me. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a bit.

This post has been edited by Descent: 20 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Jackass will never be the same without him. :D

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah, my wife told me about this this morning. Drunk driving is a hell of a bad idea.

It's pretty ironic that this was the thing that killed him o.O Still sad.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 20 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 20 June 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

It's pretty ironic that this was the thing that killed him o.O Still sad.

Honestly if they all don't end up dying young by an accident, I can't see them aging very well. All the strain to their bodies from the stunts will eventually take its toll on them.

• el fundador

View PostThePinkus, on 20 June 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

Honestly if they all don't end up dying young by an accident, I can't see them aging very well. All the strain to their bodies from the stunts will eventually take its toll on them.

This is very true. I mean, have you seen Knoxville lately? He already looks a good 10-15 years older than he actually is, and that's just on top of the stuff that you can't see by looking at a picture: joint damage, muscle tears, etc. Jackass is hilarious but you really have to be, well, a jackass to keep putting that kind of stress on your body for such a long period of time.

I almost thought this was a joke until I saw the picture of what was left of his car.

Ryan Dunn killed in a car crash..wow. After all the stuff he did on Jackass, it was a car accident that got him.

He will be missed.

Yeah Knoxville is starting to look old. But I'm not worried about Knoxville. He and Pontius don't abuse drugs or alcohol. Pontius is a fucking vegan for God's sake. I'm always worried about Steve-O and Bam for obvious reasons...

...And I gotta say, right now, I'm scared shitless for Bam. Bipolar. Unmedicated. Alocoholic. Drug addict. Generally crazy. He just lost his best friend of almost 20 years.

Please don't turn this into another June 2009, Bam :D.

View PostWhatTheFunk, on 20 June 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Jackass will never be the same without him. :D

CKY will be even worse off. CKY and CKY2K were some of my all time favorite comedy films because it was nothing but youthful innocence and joy and pranks. They were so incredibly energetic and naive back then. Now there is a dark cloud over the two most upbeat, feel good comedy movies I've ever seen.

This post has been edited by Descent: 20 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   Engel220 

Such a shame, he was an entertainer for a modern age, and, whether you believe it or not, was quite witty and well-timed with his verbal humour in places. Jackass will definately suffer, as will any future CKY projects, and he's the first person from this modern 'Danger comedy' industry to die. Everyone dies at some point, but this is way too soon, and it' really does seem to be having some depressing effects on other groups like the Dudesons.

From Jackass' Facebook page, worth listening in if you're in the States:

"Please tune in tonight at 7:00pm on Radio Bam Sirius/XM Faction 28. There's going to be a Ryan Dunn memorial episode: "The Best Of Ryan Dunn".

This post has been edited by Engel220: 21 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

really weird strange shit...

I was watching this x-files last that was based on jackass type stunts, and i was thinking to myself, those guys do some stupid shit, when will the inevitable happen? :D

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This hit me pretty good. Ryan was my favorite from the CKY/Jackass crew. He always came off as the kinda normal guy from the group. He was funny, but he kinda mediated the group from what I could tell. The dynamics will definitely be gone in that respect. Hate to see him go, especially since I was thinking probably Steve-O would be the first to go. Just goes to show you, fast cars and copious amounts of alcohol do not mix.

I ended up recording the Radio Bam memorial episode. If there is anything to learn from this please make sure to drive safely. We do not need more tragic deaths, especially among our youth.

This post has been edited by Descent: 20 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

That is just painful to watch, and given Bam's occasional instabilities, they may get a whole lot worse. We also now have the WBC badmouthing Dunn and planning to picket his public service, which is even more of a thumb to the eye. Those God-bothering trolls make me sicker and sicker every single time I hear about 'em, and now they're asking for it.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 22 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Gotta love the WBC.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I can't believe people are stealing stuff from the crash site... Well actually i can, but i guess i'm in a bit of a shock at how disrespectful some people are.

View PostReaperMan, on 22 June 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

I can't believe people are stealing stuff from the crash site... Well actually i can, but i guess i'm in a bit of a shock at how disrespectful some people are.

That's bad, but it'll be on eBay soon and that's ten times worse.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The best part is that you could likely alert eBay, which'll take it down. Then you could also alert the West Chester, PA police to the matter and if they wanted they could probably get warrants to get the identities of these people and arrest them for stealing evidence. Shazam!

I hope the Jackass crew shows up at Dunn's funeral to counter-protest the WBC. THAT would be epic.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Considering that they're all friends, I don't think 'shows up' is the right term.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 22 June 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

Considering that they're all friends, I don't think 'shows up' is the right term.

Thats called using you noggin for most of you who didn't realize this.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 22 June 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

I was assuming they'd be there already, but I meant "shows up to piss off the WBC outside as the WBC stupidly tries to protest the funeral".

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

His best bit:

No way, this was his best bit:

User is offline   Martin 

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but..

Hours before the accident, Dunn had posted a photo to his Twitter account of himself and Hartwell drinking at a West Chester bar.[14] Dunn was identified in the police report as the vehicle's driver,[15] and a subsequent toxicology report showed Dunn had a blood alcohol level of 0.196% — more than twice the state's legal limit of 0.08%.[16] Police stated that speed may have been a factor in the accident,[15] and preliminary investigations suggested that the car had been traveling between 132 and 140 miles per hour (212 and 230 km/h) in a 55 miles per hour (89 km/h) zone.[17][18]

.. if those things are true, he brought it on himself. If it was just some random guy, you'd all be saying "idiot" and "good riddance" and stuff. Because it's a celebrity, you people lose your fucking minds. He was drunk and speeding and crashed. He killed himself and his passenger. It's fortunate that nobody else using the road was hurt. He could have easily smashed into another car and killed the family inside it or something.

He seemed pretty cool, and was one of my favourite Jackass crew members. However, I refuse to feel sorry for some guy who goes out drinking and speeding in his Porsche and is subsequently involved in a fatal crash. He did what he did, it was dumb, and he paid the ultimate price for it. I'm not gonna feel sorry for someone who does that shit.

View PostMartin, on 06 July 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but..

.. if those things are true, he brought it on himself. If it was just some random guy, you'd all be saying "idiot" and "good riddance" and stuff. Because it's a celebrity, you people lose your fucking minds. He was drunk and speeding and crashed.

Random people don't bring laughter and joy to millions of people. Celebrities do.

He killed himself and his passenger.

Ryan Dunn didn't kill anybody but himself. When you step into the fastest Porsche on the market, which has been modified for even more speed, driven by a drunk guy who is known for extremely reckless fast driving, multiple spectacular car wrecks, and more than one near death experience behind the wheel, you're at fault, not the driver.

Zack sealed his own fate. Swimming with sharks was safer and he knew it.

Ironically, he crashed and burned in the exact same spot he flipped his old Fox Body Mustang seven times fifteen years earlier. Anyone who has seen the CKY Documentary knows how decimated that "shitty Mustang" was, and how bad his other 90's wrecks were.

It's fortunate that nobody else using the road was hurt. He could have easily smashed into another car and killed the family inside it or something.

True.

He seemed pretty cool, and was one of my favourite Jackass crew members. However, I refuse to feel sorry for some guy who goes out drinking and speeding in his Porsche and is subsequently involved in a fatal crash. He did what he did, it was dumb, and he paid the ultimate price for it. I'm not gonna feel sorry for someone who does that shit.

Usually I don't, but I do in this case. He ultimately fucked up but he didn't deserve it. Too young, too funny, too much potential.

User is offline   CruX 

View PostDescent, on 08 July 2011 - 07:22 AM, said:

Random people don't bring laughter and joy to millions of people. Celebrities do.

He said IF it was some random guy, not that Ryan was some random guy. And for the most part, I agree.

• el fundador

.. if those things are true, he brought it on himself. If it was just some random guy, you'd all be saying "idiot" and "good riddance" and stuff. Because it's a celebrity, you people lose your fucking minds. He was drunk and speeding and crashed. He killed himself and his passenger. It's fortunate that nobody else using the road was hurt. He could have easily smashed into another car and killed the family inside it or something.

Yeah, this is my viewpoint as well. He sort of got what he had coming... I'm not going to pretend I haven't driven 130+ in a 55 before, but I wasn't shitfaced and I certainly wouldn't be doing it in the exact spot I had wrecked previously. Even if he wasn't drunk it was seriously a bad idea.

The last time I was even seriously pissed off and ended up driving that fast I spun out when I hit a random patch of moisture that I would have otherwise seen if I wasn't so goddamn angry at the time, totaling the car (we're talking sideways impacts so hard as to break a wheel off) and almost killing myself. That was definitely the last time I did anything like that. Ryan Dunn was hilarious but this entire incident was dumb as fuck and could have been 100% avoided if either he or his passenger had used even a bit of common sense.

It's still sad, but it's more sad for his family and friends and maybe some extreme fans, not for the dead drunk. Meh.

Jesus dude. Were you in the ICU?

• el fundador

Nah, I was lucky enough to narrowly avoid several factors in the crash that could have killed or severely injured me and actually managed to walk away completely unscathed aside from a giant seatbelt shaped bruise. :) Considering how the car bounced off all kinds of shit like a pinball I got really, really lucky. The front of my car hit a parked car hard enough to knock it (the parked car) about 4 feet sideways up and over a curb, leaving it totaled with two wheels bent at about 45 degree angles.

My car then continued rotating, flying sideways up the same curb about 5 feet down the street from the car I hit and smashing into a streetlight post and a tree at the same time. The tree was entirely uprooted and the impact was great enough to snap the frame of my car right behind the front wheel well (and crack the rim in the process). The light post was hit by the rear of the car right behind the rear passenger door window. The impact there was great enough to kink the post to about a 20-30 degree angle and send the 400 some odd pound light flying off the top of it... I'm not really sure where it landed, but if it had been on top of my car I'd probably be dead. :P

My car then bounced back off all that shit and ended up several feet back in the direction it came from.

Here's some pics of the car afterward...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Considering the speed involved, it really looks a lot better than it could have. I got pretty lucky with the multiple successive gleaning impacts taking as much of the force out of the crash as they did. I don't even want to know how bad it could have been if the light post had been the first and only thing I hit versus hitting the other car and the tree first and having them dampen everything.

And here's the light post... apparently they straightened it out but didn't replace it (!) since it's standing more or less upright in this picture. You can still see the giant kink in it from the impact though: http://maps.google.c...p=12,49.5,,2,10

Moral of the story: don't be a fuckin' idiot, because you probably won't get nearly as lucky as I did.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTX, on 08 July 2011 - 08:12 AM, said:

Ryan Dunn was hilarious but this entire incident was dumb as fuck and could have been 100% avoided if either he or his passenger had used even a bit of common sense.

It's not that simple, methinks. A little Jack and Coke and you think, you still can drive, and do. Not me of course. Then you have the 'designated driver' idea. Well, yeah, you party and your friend is having fun, just because. Or plan ahead, like taxies or hotel rooms. Lol, you plan to get loaded? - I changed when I had responsibilities and had to live for others, otherwise, who knows. Posted Image

I still don't know who that guy is. I feel like I'm from another planet. Maybe we should watch more TV?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options