Duke4.net Forums: Tap SPC repeatedly? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tap SPC repeatedly?  "Then what, buy a new keyboard?"

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

I have been pounding the shit out of the spacebar for the last half hour without even getting some kind of feedback on the first boss. Or maybe there's a ripping noise I can't hear over the sound of my keyboard screaming in agony. Finally got fed up and remapped it to RMB, and it still barely does anything. This is beyond annoying. Maybe I'll plug in an XBox controller and see if pounding one of those buttons works.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You don't have to tap it hard or anything. Just put two fingers on the spacebar and move them up and down as if you were having special time with your gf.

User is offline   Kichae 

Still, I'd kill to be able to change it to hold the space bar, rather than repeatedly tap it.

Huh. I guess it doesn't take much to push me to violence today.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You know, you can remap the jump key to another button.

User is offline   Stabs 

The only thing this is annoying on is pigcops, on the harder diffs you seem to loose nearly all your health regardless, so if one grabs you and your health is low, you will die

heh which whinger minus repped mickys delightfully vulgar post ?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

If the tapping doesn't do anything, then that's NOT normal. Down the graphics and the resolution (this one is very important) and you should be able to do it with no problems.

User is offline   Lion_3 

"Tap SPC repeatedly". Here is a simple solution for your problem :D

Share this link with other friends

If u think it's a fake just checkout !

Cheers! :D

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It boggles the mind why no one tried my solution yet it works! Lower the damn resolution to minimum!

Spacebar is easier to click fast than right mouse button. At least when you aren't used to RMB smashing.

User is offline   Stabs 

heh no i dont think lowering my res is an option, perhaps

set input space jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump | jump |

assuming its searching for a jump command....

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Yeah... do it the hard way :D

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Tapping my space bar does work for jumping, Duke jumps and grunts. When trying to 'rip out' though, it seems to do nothing and the cycloid gets back up! Over and over again! Just started playing the demo for the first time and quit because of this. Help!

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostVinsaneOne, on 23 June 2011 - 12:17 AM, said:

Tapping my space bar does work for jumping, Duke jumps and grunts. When trying to 'rip out' though, it seems to do nothing and the cycloid gets back up! Over and over again! Just started playing the demo for the first time and quit because of this. Help!

Hi VinsaneOne, I've experienced exactly the same problem with the game not responding to tapping. It seems to help if you lower the graphical settings and remap the jump key to something like the right mouse button. It could be that your computer isn't very fast, and is having trouble registering the input (The computer that I have trouble with the game on isn't very powerful).

I would recommend trying the boss fight with the resolution and other graphical settings turned down to the minimum levels, and running the game in windowed mode as well. Good luck getting past this problem! :)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

For the love of fucking god I've said this A MILLION TIMES LOWER THE FUCKING RESOLUTION FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Sorry...

Change it from SPC to RMB.

It helps for me atleast.

This post has been edited by Bam050196: 23 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostDavoX, on 23 June 2011 - 06:31 AM, said:

For the love of fucking god I've said this A MILLION TIMES LOWER THE FUCKING RESOLUTION FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Sorry...
YOU ONLY SAID IT 4 TIMES!
Sorry... :)
I have no other option but to run it at it's lowest of everything, just to make it playable. As I mentioned the spc bar does work to jump. What I didn't try is windowed mode. If no dice then, I'll go for remaping the key AS WELL!.
:)
Edit:

View Postultra tree 85!, on 23 June 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

Hi VinsaneOne, I've experienced exactly the same problem with the game not responding to tapping. It seems to help if you lower the graphical settings and remap the jump key to something like the right mouse button. It could be that your computer isn't very fast, and is having trouble registering the input (The computer that I have trouble with the game on isn't very powerful).

I would recommend trying the boss fight with the resolution and other graphical settings turned down to the minimum levels, and running the game in windowed mode as well. Good luck getting past this problem! :P

Thanks to these suggestions and helpful advice from everyone.....

I KICKED HIS FUKN ASS!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 23 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

When i fought the final boss, and when i had to hit space repeatedly, i found it weird that when i pressed space really fast and i still lost spacetap-battle :) But when i changed it to RMB i killed him really easily. Maybe it is some kind of bug? I press the space button much faster than RMB.

I have the same problem. Nothing happens when tapping SPC. How fast needs the frequency to be?
I'm on vacation now, but when I'm back, I will try lowering the resolution. If that helps it will be a bad workaround though, having an unsharp picture just to be able to play the game. :)
How many bosses are there who need that kind of treatment?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostSheriff Hobbes, on 04 June 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I have the same problem. Nothing happens when tapping SPC. How fast needs the frequency to be?
I'm on vacation now, but when I'm back, I will try lowering the resolution. If that helps it will be a bad workaround though, having an unsharp picture just to be able to play the game. :)
How many bosses are there who need that kind of treatment?

Tap it like you mean it. Fast.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

When DNF was advertised as being the most interactive game ever, I didn't expect half of the interactivity to consist of raping the space button on various objects. It's not fun, it's not challenging, it's just bad design.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 05 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostMicky C, on 05 June 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

It's not fun, it's not challenging, it's just bad design.

I totally agree. Especially if it doesn't work right.

I made it! Not by decreasing the resolution, but by buying a new graphics card! :)
Went from NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX to GTX 460. It must be mentioned that the frame rate was already good with the 9800! That said, I can only consider this a game bug!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options