Duke4.net Forums: Lets rate the game here! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lets rate the game here!  "See how we true Duke fans rate the game"

Poll: DNF FANS RATING POLL (94 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate DNF 1 to 10?

1. 10 (2 votes [2.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

2. 9 (13 votes [13.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.83%

3. 8 (29 votes [30.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.85%

4. 7 (23 votes [24.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.47%

5. 6 (13 votes [13.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.83%

6. Voted 5 (7 votes [7.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

7. 4 (1 votes [1.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

8. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. 1 (2 votes [2.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

11. I don't give a fuck. (4 votes [4.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I would give it perhaps a 6-7/10 trying to be objective yet at the same time I enjoyed the game so I am not sure I would rate it lower. However some niggling details prevent me from giving it a higher score like some of the boss battles where pretty frustrating and so where some areas like the stair barrel run. Also I hated some of the jumping puzzles in duke burger in particular the hamburger grills\stoves. I really enjoyed the whole monster truck sequence especially the speed of the truck and causing mayhem with it and felt the demo didn't do that portion justice however the controls could have been better as in having mouse steering instead of WASD steering. Some of the humor\story could have been handled better such as the death scenes in the hive which in some people's eyes made Duke seem like a heartless prick. Although at least he did vow vengeance on those alien bastards right after a certain pair died.

BTW the 2 weapon limit was bad but on the other hand they had weapons lying around all over the place so much that it was almost like carrying all the weapons often times.

Also I might want to remind everyone that for quite some time people where begging for DNF to be released in whatever state it's in even if it's just a lameDNF release. We ended up getting more than that in my opinion but it's a sad fact that because of it's history it didn't turn out all it could be. It's also kind of too bad it's not really 12+ years worth of content. But on the other hand I was still very happy to finally play it and enjoyed it. But I can't give it a perfect rating at the end of the day so 7/10 at the most.

Also this doesn't really go towards my score either way but I wonder whatever happened to Mr. Prospector (don't remember his name off hand) that was showing in the trailers... the one that asked duke if he thought the sunglasses made him look cool. Wasn't he supposed to be in the game and voiced by John Galt? I'm kind of thinking they held a lot of content back maybe even enough to make a whole other sequel. :D In that one old trailer it showed there was supposed to be a strip bar exterior sequence which wasn't in the final game.

One last thing I know some people where wondering what happened to some of the babes shown in the promotional material well it seems some of them are only in the duke cave in the multiplayer portion like I noticed first thing you get there when visiting is the french maid babe.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 16 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

User is offline   GBR2 

I'd give it a 6. Don't like the 2 weapon limit, long load times, funky aiming, inability to save time, jerky animation at times, to much linearity to the gameplay. Still I'm glad it was released and hope that patches are able to cure some of the technical problems.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Wasn't he supposed to be in the game and voiced by John Galt?

Who is John Galt?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

John Galt is the guy who voiced Lo Wang in Shadow Warrior.

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostTX, on 16 June 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Ah. For a moment I thought that 3D Realms was actually making a subtle (albeit cute) reference to Atlas Shrugged. Forgive me for not doing my homework.

VERY disapointed. :D

Bugs, gliches galore, insane love of strange platform moments, graphics that looked terrible compared to smooth looking previews, none of the awesome physics promised and shown so recently, and an completly unacceptable unfinished feel and unpolished all despite an extra YEAR and month, mixed with jarringly bad animations despite seeing fab ones even a year ago.

Compouned with some of the worst gun sound effects ever, no jet pack and some sounds that don't even play, all coupled no innvotions to speak of makes for one hell of a let down. :D :D

And this is just a 2 year wait's worth of disapointment.

So 1 out of 10! :D

Sorry to say it.

This post has been edited by blackandbright: 16 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Pros
+ Good soundtrack
+ Longer than average singleplayer
+ Great Weapons
+ Awesome boss fights
+ Fun Multiplayer
+ Ragdoll effects
+ Fun levels
+ Smooth FPS
+ Decent Graphics

Cons
- Long loading times
- Lag in Multiplayer
- Two Weapon Limit
- Stiff animations
- Blurry Textures

I loved all the levels, but my least favorite was the underwater one.

So I'll give this game a 9/10

This post has been edited by Bam050196: 16 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostBam050196, on 16 June 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

Pros
+ Good soundtrack apart from almost utter lack of Grabbag, GBX shoulda kept Jermey Soule!
+ Longer than average singleplayer
+ Poor Weapons sound FX
+ Underwelming boss fights
+ Fun Multiplayer

Cons
- Long loading times
- Lag in Multiplayer
I loved all the levels, BUT NO VEGAS AT NIGHT BOO! but my least favorite was the underwater one.

imo FIXED lol! :D

This post has been edited by blackandbright: 16 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

I heard grabbag several times throughout the game.

It's good popcorn action....despite it's few flaws. I still love the game so I would give it a 9.5. To me, it's still Duke at heart...but it's NOT the amazing and epic game I thought it was being apmed up to be. Shame. But still one of my all time fav games.

View PostBam050196, on 16 June 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

I heard grabbag several times throughout the game.

I only heard it when you first see the DNF logo, otherwise thers's generic rock music during the menus/incredablely long load times.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

View PostTX, on 16 June 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Also Grandfather in Prey. :D

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Oooh, right, I forgot about that. And by "forgot" I mean I didn't know in the first place. :D That's pretty cool, John Galt rules.

Anyway, speaking of Grabbag, I've sent a few messages back and forth with Lee Jackson today and he mentioned an original version written when he was still tech support at 3DR from before he added any of the guitar and synth solos. I've asked him if he still has a copy somewhere, hopefully I'll hear back soon and the answer will be yes. Unfinished WIP Grabbag sounds like something that'd be interesting to hear. :D

User is offline   Klapher 

I would give it 6 maybe even 7 if it worked well withou bugs or things missing from it and if we had dedi servers that works and propr gore and no lag.
I also hate gearbox for cutting game to make dlc WHAT miserable greedy bastardss.
So I give it a 5 suck it down.

This post has been edited by Klapher: 16 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

User is offline   Sandman 

I'd have to say 6, I mean cmon what would you guys rate this game if it was identical minus Duke? If we get an SDK/enabled dev console I'd rate it higher but in its current state I can't. WTB new dev for Duke 5.

I don't know what people are complaining about the SFX or music, it's one of the best i've heard in FPS games of the recent years.
The weapon sounds do sound like the original ones of Duke 3D.
The shotgun, the ripper, the devastator, they all sound like remastered sounds from the originals.
Just spawn some weapons in a quiet area somewhere, shoot and listen.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 16 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Guest_refluX1k_*

5, it's a piece of shit. Duke3D is FAR better.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 June 2011 - 05:24 PM, said:

I don't know what people are complaining about the SFX or music, it's one of the best i've heard in FPS games of the recent years.
The weapon sounds do sound like the original ones of Duke 3D.
The shotgun, the ripper, the devastator, they all sound like remastered sounds from the originals.
Just spawn some weapons in a quiet area somewhere, shoot and listen.

No, they really do not sound anything like their counterparts. That doesn't mean they sound bad, but they do not sound in anyway like the original weapons.

The only weapon sound I have a problem with is the pistol. It feels kinda PEW PEW ish... Not enough kick ass for Duke's gun.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 16 June 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

The only weapon sound I have a problem with is the pistol. It feels kinda PEW PEW ish... Not enough kick ass for Duke's gun.

Agreed, Duke needed a bigger hand gun, like a Desert Eagle or AMT Auto Mag, hell give him a Glock again.

Anyway, after playing everything on the game i'm giving it a 7.5, maybe I'll wright a reveiw and tell why.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 16 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I would almost say if we are talking about large handguns it'd be nice for him to have the custom dan wesson target revolver the villian in last action hero had but I do think the desert eagle is more his style just like it was jack slater's main gun in that same movie.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostTetsuo, on 16 June 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

I would almost say if we are talking about large handguns it'd be nice for him to have the custom dan wesson target revolver the villian in last action hero had but I do think the desert eagle is more his style just like it was jack slater's main gun in that same movie.

I don't see Duke using a revolver, a AMT Automag should be Dukes gun.

• Glory To Motherland!

I think we've had this discussion before.

Surprisingly, I don't consider the Desert Eagle to be a very practical weapon even for action hero parody Duke Nukem. A Glock is also out of the question since the 9mm caliber cartridges will not provide the stopping power that Duke Nukem looks for in a good handgun. Here's what I do like the look of: the Wildey. It fits .475 Magnum cartridges and was actually featured in the Death Wish films. Definitely packs a punch.

Posted Image

I also like the look of the AMT Automag.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 16 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

User is offline   palan 

When 100 ppl cast their votes I will do the math and generate duke4.net average user score.
So just few more votes.

• Glory To Motherland!

View Postpalan, on 17 June 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

When 100 ppl cast their votes I will do the math and generate duke4.net average user score.
So just few more votes.

The average won't be of much help because, as of right now, the distribution is skewed to the right. I think a full statistical analysis is called for here - mean, median, mode, and standard deviation.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options