Duke4.net Forums: The Real Critic - DNF Demo Dropped the Ball - it is HALO! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Real Critic - DNF Demo Dropped the Ball - it is HALO!  "Why George can't Hide"

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 05 June 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Good to see a debate without the hate. Staying off the negative rep button was huge I must say!
As for getting back on the topic of the demo which I haven't played yet, it seems that opinions vary saying it has elements of other games, and maybe so. But still, I think most would have to agree it has many things
that other games just don't.
The main thing keeping other games from ever being close is, they'll never have Duke! (I know, I didn't have to say that....aw hell, yes I did!!)

View Postmuskydragon, on 06 June 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

Shut the fuck up your hypocrite. Your just jealous cause you didn't get to make suggestions to georgw.. . concerning the rest. I talked to george and was hoping I could help save 3drealms.

I've tried to help many other video game companys.. for example "Factor 5" which got fucked by Sony. If you don't know who factor 5 is they did "Star Wars: rogue squadron". They tried to make an epic dragon video game but without the help of Sony they kept having programing issues. So Sony fucked them in the ass instead of helping them and there game lacked good gameplay elements and focused mostly too hard on the horrible motion controlling issues.

Glad to see Sony got hacked to be honest and I can't wait to see them crawling on there knees to the gamers of E3. But knowing Sony they will probably show crappy short video game clips of future games while blasting loud music over the speakers. Have a goodnight!

I am done talking to the idiots on these forums who cannot get there facts straight.

It be you needing to get your facts straight, mustbejackwagon! My post you quoted and replyed to, (in bold ^) was about an arguement between two guys, ('Mr.Deviance' and 'DN4EVR') who went back and forth without hitting the -rep button on eachother. I thought for sure it was going to continue, and get real ugly. But they ended it, cut and dry, like mature adults. I don't know why, but I was impressed by their actions. They should be proud of themselves for not letting it get out of control and begining a war of hate.

As for your punkass, I so wish I could beat it to a bright red so you couldn't sit for a week, smash your computer and send your sorry ass to bed with no dinner, no TV and lights out. But since you pissed me off here, lucky for you, I can only give you a well deserved verbal beating.

It wasn't about you, mrjackwagon. When it is, you'll know it cause I'll quote you in my reply just like I have, mustwanabe game designer. And you thought you'd save 3DRealms? Ha! I'm laughing my fucking balls off! Oh, sorry. I didn't know you have the millions of dollars, being what it would have took to make that happen. Or maybe it's the skills that you claim to have. Yea, that would have saved them for sure! Wow man, er, son, you were never the answer for 3DR, DNF, or anyone for that matter. You portray yourself to everyone here to be nothing but a mommy's skirt tugging, pacifier sucking, bed wetting child, crying from severe diaper rash! You have to be on some serious meds to even have the thought in your mind that people are gonna believe the bullshit that you spew all over the forums without a shred of proof!
You mustbedreaming. Suck that down, mustbemoron!

User is offline   Psyrgery 

What have the Duke4.net foruns turned into?

User is offline   Sycophant 

View Postmuskydragon, on 03 June 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

Wait in what way is this game not like Halo?
#1 Halo had opened areas and multiple paths..
#2 you could only hold two weapons
#3 enemies would come from dropships
#4 the way you use weapons and punch enemies feels exactly like halo!
#5 Regenerating Health???
#6 you had driveable vehicles in it.

Really seriously this isn't halo type gameplay!!!.. FUCK OFF! Fanboy... and stop lieing to the idiots on the forum.

If Halo sucks ass so does DUKE! cause it has the exact type of gameplay... otherwise shut me the fuck up and prove me wrong.

All duke has is different weapons, fatalities and different areas.. more interactivity and a longer game... That is about it really.. but that doesn't mean the ride might get boring after 6 hours of using the same weapons.

You're an Idiot,

And why would anyone argue with you, you obviously wouldn't fucking listen.

silly cunt

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Really seriously this isn't halo type gameplay!!!.. FUCK OFF! Fanboy... and stop lieing to the idiots on the forum.

You called us all idiots, yet you're calling people trolls. If you're a troll you're smart, but you're an asshole. So you just contradicted yourself there... The fact that you called us all idiots just downs all you're complete credibility. What do trolls do? They try to make you mad, you called us idiots, it seems you're the troll. You're calling people fanboys, yet you seem to be the fanboy, you're the one making all the references to Halo and such. Need I critique further? All these contradictions add up to you being a hypocrite. You do your best to point out other people's idiocy and hypocrisy, and yet you have no room to point out your own.

I know I have my own hypocrisy, and I know I have my own idiocy. If I didn't I'd be a worse hypocrite and an idiot. The fact that you won't give yourself the same recognition as everybody else shows what a hypocrite you are. Also, you said "and stop lieing to the idiots on the forum." He had directed what he said towards you... wouldn't that mean you called yourself an idiot. :(

You're not worth anybody's time here.
Edit: Oh and just in case you decide to edit your post and say I misquoted you... I snapped the post.

Attached Image: lying.png

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 07 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Enough is enough. The last two pages of this thread have been nothing but flaming. The DNF section has gotten bad enough since the demo release without this nonsense going on. Seriously, if I were a mod I'd be half inclined to lock this thread.

Please get back on topic.

View PostMicky C, on 07 June 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:

Enough is enough. The last two pages of this thread have been nothing but flaming. The DNF section has gotten bad enough since the demo release without this nonsense going on. Seriously, if I were a mod I'd be half inclined to lock this thread.

Please get back on topic.

Hey, at least it isn't the hellhole that is the GBX forums.

User is offline   ch108 

Hehe a bit chaotic here. People's reps are going up and down like yoyos. I guess the forum could use a cooldown period whilst everyone plays the game.

I enjoyed the demo, it's really short but a lot of fun. I found the gunplay quite challenging it reminded me how rubbish I am at FPS particularly when fighting the alien gunship. Overall it reminded more of Half Life than Halo which I think has already been mentioned by other posters.

Come on guys don't loose your heads now we're almost there!!!

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, on Friday (at least outside the US), most people will stop posting and start playing. Things should calm down a lot over here then, at least for a while. :( I have also taken some special vacation from work for this event, so it's all set up. I am sure after some angry people have played the game actually (if they haven't cancelled their pre-orders, that is), they might think again about some stuff they have written previously. B)

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostNightFright, on 07 June 2011 - 03:36 AM, said:

Well, on Friday (at least outside the US), most people will stop posting and start playing. Things should calm down a lot over here then, at least for a while. :( I have also taken some special vacation from work for this event, so it's all set up. I am sure after some angry people have played the game actually (if they haven't cancelled their pre-orders, that is), they might think again about some stuff they have written previously. B)

Some opinions won't change (Regen health, two weapons and taking cover), but I think that most people who doubt the full game's merits and who weren't trolling will come around and at least say that DNF is better than they wrote it off to be. What was funny was the colossal bollocking I got for saying that the two weapon system and regen health are a personal convenience rather than a hindrance to me, I played DNF using few regular weapon swaps and often used shelter to avoid getting my arse kicked. Another laugh was that people said that the easy difficulty was a bit too challenging, and, as I remember from first playing 3D (2005 at a friend's house on PC, and it was before I ever played Gears of War, Halo or CoD), easy mode was meant to allow you a great chance at success without letting you walk over the enemies like doormats.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 07 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

Wait in what way is this game not like Halo?
#1 Halo had opened areas and multiple paths..
#2 you could only hold two weapons
#3 enemies would come from dropships
#4 the way you use weapons and punch enemies feels exactly like halo!
#5 Regenerating Health???
#6 you had driveable vehicles in it.

If Halo sucks ass so does DUKE! cause it has the exact type of gameplay... otherwise shut me the fuck up and prove me wrong.

All duke has is different weapons, fatalities and different areas.. more interactivity and a longer game... That is about it really.. but that doesn't mean the ride might get boring after 6 hours of using the same weapons.

Ok, after reading all this crap i think you seriously need to get laid.
I did post some crap too yesterday against Mad Max but i guess that has been solved.

Why hasn't he been banned already ?

Hail to me, i made the -100 vote!!!!

View PostJhect, on 07 June 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

Fuck off.

User is offline   ch108 

View PostNightFright, on 07 June 2011 - 03:36 AM, said:

I've taken a week off work, I won't be rushing this beast :D I'll be having beer every night as well, let's see if it improves my aim :(

User is offline   zwieback 

View Postch108, on 07 June 2011 - 06:31 AM, said:

I've taken a week off work, I won't be rushing this beast :( I'll be having beer every night as well, let's see if it improves my aim B)

imagine your drink beer.. and also drink beer in the game..and while doing that paint duke on the whiteboard drinking beer again.. that would be beerception! :(

This post has been edited by zwieback: 07 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Postzwieback, on 07 June 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

imagine your drink beer.. and also drink beer in the game..and while doing that paint duke on the whiteboard drinking beer again.. that would be beerception! :(
Hehehe... yeah. "You must buzz deeper!" "We're gonna need another six pack..."

MrBlackCat

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

Fuck off.

One of the best things I've read so fa on these forums. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

On a side note, I plan on playing this game the first night hella drunk. IDK but for some reason, it seems like the Duke games inspire you to do that while playing...esp now that he's ACTUALLY drinking during gameplay. Gonna be a fun night fo sho. :(

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 07 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

Im dissapointed with the negativity surrounding DNF only days from its release, seems some people really REALLY wanted this game to fail, that is very sad for those very sad individuals.

And op, you do seem like you need some meds or something, as I read your posts I imagine you foaming at the mouth, ugly. There are some elements that are Haloish, so what? The game is all Duke, make no mistake.

Anyway I will think of you as I play and enjoy DNF, especially as I reach into a toilet to pull out some crap, you and your shiny brown posts will be on my mind, I imagine you to look a bit like that crap, do you have sweetcorn for teeth? I bet you do.

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 June 2011 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hehehe... yeah. "You must buzz deeper!" "We're gonna need another six pack..."

MrBlackCat

Does Duke actually get drunk and eventually wasted the more he drinks during game play? Redneck Rampage comes to mind.

View PostVinsaneOne, on 07 June 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Does Duke actually get drunk and eventually wasted the more he drinks during game play? Redneck Rampage comes to mind.

Actually Duke is a girlieman! He gets drunk from one can of beer...
I have to drink 8 cans of beer to burp like that and see so blurry!
They should have made him drink a bottle of Jack not beer, then it would make sense for him to get so dizzy from one bottle.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 07 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 07 June 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

They should have made him drink a bottle of Jack not beer, then it would make sense for him to get so dizzy from one bottle.

well... at least I know for me, downing a beer in two gulps on an empty stomach can give me quite a buzz, even if it happens to be a really short lived one, which is what is portrayed in the game, so, I'm pretty ok with it :(

BUT yes, he is Duke and supposed to be the manliest man evar so it is a tad strange that he get dizzy from one beer, he's supposed to kind of be like superman, in a way

This post has been edited by ferran275: 07 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

User is offline   ch108 

Hehe I'd end up in limbo pretty quick.

View PostJhect, on 07 June 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

You'll be making the -100 rep soon also by the looks of it! Posted Image

View PostMr.Deviance, on 07 June 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

That's not the Duke I know. It would have to be at least 32oz or more of a very strong ale. If not, then someone had to spike his beer!

View Postferran275, on 07 June 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

well... at least I know for me, downing a beer in two gulps on an empty stomach can give me quite a buzz, even if it happens to be a really short lived one, which is what is portrayed in the game, so, I'm pretty ok with it :dukecry:

BUT yes, he is Duke and supposed to be the manliest man evar so it is a tad strange that he get dizzy from one beer, he's supposed to kind of be like superman, in a way

As in my video Duke's Day Off, he puts away 17 beers and a bottle of Jack to get ripped! That's the Duke I'd be partying with! Maybe the full game has an alcohol tolerance setting. :D

User is offline   trustn0! 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 08 June 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

That's not the Duke I know. It would have to be at least 32oz or more of a very strong ale. If not, then someone had to spike his beer!

As in my video Duke's Day Off, he puts away 17 beers and a bottle of Jack to get ripped! That's the Duke I'd be partying with! Maybe the full game has an alcohol tolerance setting. :D

Something that i noticed in the leaked footage the beer has 400z on the label :dukecry:

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options